eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Facebook SHARING Group for eCRATER Sellers (Not Liking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
I shared your link on my FB page.

LKJ

Thank you!

Do you have a facebook page? I would love to check it out.

And Is there anything I can share for you?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
I've had major problems with Facebook so I will not be participating but I do have this caution:

Will you have criteria for membership? There are many products and sellers on eCRATER that I would not want to be associated with in even the slightest way. That is why I don't jump to follow, like or participate in mass promotions and links. If I can't control a situation, I don't participate.

PS Guru, your FB page is looking good. I think your girl with cat post is great and I shared your patriotic house.

I think I will watch for problem accounts, I will not post anything offensive, or crude, and would never ask anyone to do so.

Thank you about the picture. Very Happy That little girl is my reason for living! She's my daughter.

and

Lady Knight, I just looked at your ecrater sight, I love the way it looks! I'm partial to purple. i will gladly post a link to it.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Knight,

I posted a link to your store on my personal facebook page, and within 10 minute one of my friends had clicked like on the link.
It made me so happy to see that.

What really nice about it is who that friend is. He is a guitarist for a very popular band in my area. Called "Skinny Rinkus" (Strange name, I know).

LOL, another of my Band Friends, are called "Flu Shots".

Thanks again.

Chris.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now. I am still looking for members who wish to contribute to this idea of sharing each other on facebook.

I know that it will be a slow start as well as a "play it by ear" event.

a few things I will say, as it has been a noted concern for some.

1. I will NOT share anything offensive, crude, or illegal!
2. I do not want members who will spam the market.
3. I WILL absolutely try in any way I can to help all who need it.

As this is right now, I think it will be on a click per click basis, limited to 3 shares per week per member. We do not want to spam our friends, otherwise we will do more harm than good.

Thank you for reading this post, and I hope to see more get involved.

Chris
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, threads move fast around here - I might have to start checking the boards more than once a day!

I like the idea, but I'm one of those sellers with products that offend some people: specializing in punk rock stuff, there's profanity in titles/band names, crude or offensive album art, suggestive (or sometimes nude) cover art and various artist sentiments on anti-religion, anti-government, anti-[fill in the blank]. I've actually gotten some impressively hateful messages from the over-zealous self-righteous types: much more offensive than an f-bomb in an album title, IMO. I'm one of those new fangled hippie-redneck-humanist-punks that sees value in all varieties of the human condition, but this attitude is not always appreciated by others.

It doesn't bother me since those people generally aren't in my customer base anyway - but I don't want it to spill over onto my ecrater friends either. Unfortunately, I'm sure some of my items would certainly turn away some of your potential customers.... just the nature of the beast.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG,

I appreciate your honesty. I can tell you that I liked your page, and personally have not seen you list anything across my personal page that seemed offensive. I can understand completely what you are saying though. I do know how people can be touchy especially with music titles and bands.

I "personally" would not have an issue with posting an add on my personal facebook page of "clean" titles/albums that maybe are new additions to you store, or a special you want to promote. once one of my friends visit your page, if they see something that offends them, it is no longer me that would be associated, as they are on your site.

I cannot speak for other members, but I wanted to let you know, as a former DJ, as most of my friends seem to think that I still am (lol), I think you would benefit greatly from advertising with my friends, and I doubt that you will offend any of them.

I would not want to list this on my business page, tho. for the reasons you have pointed out. But that is not what I want here. I want the adds to be shared with members actual friends and family. So many other members may not wish to add you particular site, once again for the reasons you have pointed out.

I do not have a problem with you personally sharing my advertisement with your friends and family or even on your page as well, as even people who listen to Rap, Punk, Metal, etc. .. May have an elderly mother who would benefit from my product, or have a home they wish to secure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Recap to new viewers:
picture this:
If you run an add on your business page.
then share it with your personal friends on your personal page- (say everyone has only 200 friends)
Then 10 ecrater members share it with thier 200 friends on thier PERSONAL page.

You have reached over 2000 people with one add. If it is a good add, that is then shared by ten more people within those groups.... Think about how far it could travel!

It's like spinning the circles in Amway (LOL) only no living room meetings. and no high pressure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'm finding is that the ADD needs to be good. I seem to be having dificulty with this, but I am working on it. Any suggestions would be nice.

Making an add in Photoshop, with my information in the picture ensures that it stays in tact. then i caption the picture with the link so that it is clickable. - food for thought.

Chris
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I missed that part about using personal accounts... I'm afraid my personal page would be worthless in this regard: believe it or not, I have 0 friends. My personal FB page is really just there to help me access things with my business page that I wouldn't be able to do without it. My web presence on the social media networks is almost exclusively dedicated to my business.

I did the personal FB thing years ago, but the novelty wore off, and keeping up with the whole thing just turned into work and time I didn't have. I finally canceled that account years ago, and my current account is brand new, just for my AG page. Your ads wouldn't be shared with anyone on my end - except the crickets. Smile
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YardSaleGuru, just wanted to let you know that I shared one of your items and posted it on my personal facebook wall yesterday. It received quite a bit of "likes". It was your Billiards shot glass set. I shared it because I thought it was a neat product. By the way, I was going to "like" your Yard Sale Guru facebook page but when I clicked on the link that you provided in the "Anyone have a facebook page" forum, it says the page no longer exists.
YardSaleGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearcreek,

Thank you for the sharing. LOL. I just lowered the price on that item, maybe it will sell.

As for the facebook page, sorry about that, i seem to have posted the wrong link. I was confused and assumed it would be a simple link just like my other page. it is not.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheYardSaleGuru/336612746422488

I'm still confused about this, so i actually have nobody liking it yet. but I don't know why it has to be so darn silly of a link.

Is there anything you would like me to promote for you? I would be happy to do so.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: