eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Something Weird happened in June!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Something Weird happened in June! Reply with quote

I had something weird happen to me this month. I sold 2 items in 2 weeks on ecrater. I think the world is going to catch fire and burn up on this one. One of my sells were worth 100.00 bucks. I have made a whopping 450.00 this year on ecrater. Not quite enough to retire on lol!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the sales.

I looked at your store and I was surprised that you do not sell more. Your prices seemed quite reasonable. Anyway, I viewed the source of your home page and noticed that you do not have a description or keyword meta tag.

I would recommend writeing a short (2-3 sentence) Description of your store. Go into your Admin Page, then "Edit Texts", then "META Description", put your description there.

Then do you "META Keywords.

Browsing your site, this might be a good start for your keyword meta tags, and will also show you the way to put them in;

video game,clothing,baby stuff,shoes,collectible,intimates,music,cd,dvd,vhs,books,electronics,panties,stethoscope,bra,v-smile,sega,nintendo

Just a thought. This will make your store more Search engine friendly, and might just boost up your sales a bit.

This coming from a guy who has yet to make a sale on eCRATER... lol
however, I've only had my store for a week, and I run google analytics, I have already had over 50 unique visiters. I don't sell impulse item though, so that is ok that I haven't made a sale yet.

I think I will need to place some little cheap items to sell quick, so that my store indicates successful transactions, that will probably help.

Hope this helps ya, good luck.

Security Alarm Guru
Catlover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it's a sign of more to come for you!
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold first item in July,thats 3 sales in 3 weeks. Thats crazy. I can not believe it. I think I owe it to Vista Print because I leave my cards in bathrooms,walmart on every isle,I randomly mail them from phone books online,and pass them out to everybody from college students to little old ladies.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all your sales local? If not then the cards have nothing to do with it. Most cards left like that get swept up by the janitor unless you tape money to them.
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 were local,1 was another state,but you could pass one local to college student or anyone and it produce a sale in another state.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

College students are famous for collecting and sharing business cards shoved in their faces. A better way to distribute them is to tuck a couple in your packages you ship out. 1 for buyer to keep for future reference and 1 or 2 to pass on to friends with their recommendation. The best advertising is a satisfied customer.
Catlover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold 3 items last week (and 2 yesterday!) and the guy that purchased the 3 said he found my items by a simple Google search, searching for vintage Danskin leotards (he bought mine, plus 2 pairs of vintage tights). I thought that was pretty cool, so make sure you add those Google attributes; they can lead to more sales!
DAsian-Decor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what an inspiring story! Congrats on the sales.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: