eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Will Ecrater remain free?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading wrote:
I guess U-Line must be a stone age retailer since they charge for shipping.

Pretty much all the listings on Amazon have a shipping charge (although it is highly subsidized by the seller).
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
From what I can tell the new G shopping is a pay per performance or bid for placement system and what I am saying is, I don't see how it's even possible for Ecrater to participate in such a system. Beside, what's the point of paying Google to get listed in Shopping if you are buried on the very bottom never to be seen or as Maggie said, "Flushing our money down Google's toilet." You would be much better off spending your time and money getting better placement in the regular search engines and doing something you actually have a level of control over.

The way I understand this is each individual will need to set up a listing/add from within their Adwords account and from their AW console set their budget, bid amounts and duration for each add/listing. It would have to be an individual account so you could increase/decrease/delete listings/adds or increase/decrease your monthly budget independent from everyone else depending on their ROI. I guess if Ecrater really wanted to they could charge us a some sort of a sliding fee depending on how much you are willing to pay for exposure.

This is more or less what I am expecting as well. Google has promoted GPS visibility pretty well up until now. The number of sellers (individuals or corps) that are visible in GPS has grown considerably. Meanwhile, the usage of AdWords has not grown (because who wants to pay for something you're getting for free anyway). My best guess is that this entire exercise is to try to relaunch/reinvigorate AdWords usage (especially among the lower tiers of sellers). If no one buys in, then nothing changes (other than we will potentially be punished by being removed from GPS). If some people buy in, then they get back what they used to get for no cost (hopefully) while some of the competition becomes non-visible. If everyone buys in, then there is no advantage to any seller, and AdWords reaps a cash flow that had previously been difficult to monetize. What is happening here is that Google is going to make GPS a 'scarce resource' by connecting it to AdWords. Previously it was a widely available resource (merely by supplying the correct attributes).

Quote:
I admit I don't fully understand it but I just can't see how Ecrater could administer such a monster. It would take a full time, top notch accounting department just to keep up with the bids not to mention the extra resources to take care of all the other add/listing requirements plus customer support to take care of the folks complaining that I paid my fees this week why aren't I on page #1!!.

Yes, thus far eCRATER has only had to deal with sellers who violated the TOS, and a few technical problems here and there. This creates an entire new class of issues. Would every seller be required to participate ? I really believe this will be left up to the individual seller, and eCRATER will remain a hosting venue alone. The downside has to be that many ads will vanish from GPS, which may in turn reduce site traffic. That could impact ad revenue to eCRATER (from the Google ads that appear).
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm staying here. I like it here and have some measure of success. I like the eCrater management, the simplicity of it and the ease of creating listings.

eCrater is not the only site that will be suffering from Google's moves.

I'm hopinh that Bing will step up to the plate and makes some moves of its own.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
well, I'm staying here. I like it here and have some measure of success. I like the eCrater management, the simplicity of it and the ease of creating listings.

eCrater is not the only site that will be suffering from Google's moves.

Point, Match, Game!

lol, hope I said that right, never been up on sports too well... Smile
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Google Shopping Fees Reply with quote

Google changes to Google Shopping will impact their revenues through both Google Wallet and AdSense programs. When one door closes, another opens.
shebang

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the only Google policy you could count on was them changing their policy every 15 minutes. I think too often sellers waste time worrying about things that may or could happen instead of just doing what they can with what they have. I also think that if a site does not have what you feel you need to conduct bussiness that there is probably another site out there that does. I personaly try selling on other sites some I like some I close after usualy a 6 month trial period. I am one who of course likes free but besides eCRATER being free it has the options and ease of use that keeps me here. I think most everyone selling anywhere would probably change a thing or two on a site they are selling at. I personaly find eCRATER a good fit for me and yes it being free is one of the things that attracted me to it.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Basically eCRATER's simplicity and bare bones format suits my technological ignorance. I'm lost when it comes to dealing with Facebook, Pinterest and Google. KISS is my mantra.

I'm with you maggiethecat. I love the simplicity of ecrater and I think KISS is a wonderful mantra!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: