eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Australia store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Australia store Reply with quote

I don't have Australia listed that I sell there and I just received an order from Australia. Plus its listed as zero shipping charge and when checking my ship matrix while it states there is a shipping charge in each box. How is my store in Australia??? I did at one time have it listed as shipping there but took it off and even when you look at my US store it says to increase sales, ship to australia so apparently it isn't registered somewhere correctly...any help??? thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with your US store, you are also given a AU and UK store. If you don't want them you need to cancel them. The zero shipping is because you haven't set shipping for those countries. Lots of discussions here about this and what to do about it, but that is what is causing you to have sales from AU.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open a store on eCRATER, your name is reserved on both the UK and the AU sites. As you create your US store, your logo, text pages, and categories are added to the UK and AU sites, but your categories will show (0) items. Since there is no way to search for a store on eCRATER, your UK and AU stores are probably not ever seen.

In your admin section under Account: Options there is a store option "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". The default is unchecked. If you ever add UK or AU to your shipping zones and leave that option unchecked, all your items will appear in your UK and/or AU stores in their currency. If you don't add the two countries to your shipping matrix and/or add an international method of shipping with the USPS calculated, your items will be active in the UK and AU sites in their currency with free shipping.

If you change your mind after adding the UK and/or AU to your shipping zones AND you leave the "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies", the items will continue to be listed in your UK and/or AU stores even if you remove both countries from your shipping zone. (Removing them from the shipping zone after the items have been added to the UK and/or AU WILL NOT close the UK or AU stores, it only prevents sales to those countries from your US store.

To check to see if you have items in the UK or AU marketplace, go to the home page of your store and change the extension in the address bar. For example, the home page for my US store is http://sheiladeespostcards.ecrater.com/
My UK store is http://sheiladeespostcards.ecrater.co.uk
My AU store is http://sheiladeespostcards.ecrater.com.au You can compare my US store to my UK store to see how an "empty" UK store looks. I do not have active UK or AU stores although I "accidentally" had a UK store when they first started.

You can quickly check to see if you have items on either site. If you do have items on either site AND you want to close either or both sites, FIRST put a check in the box "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Next you will need to run the Global editor, choose "set UK price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. You will need to run the Global editor again, choose "set AU price" and then choose "delete" as an operator.

For more information review these two topics in the FAQS

FAQ >Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

FAQ > eCRATER Australia http://community.ecrater.co/viewtopic.php?t=28917
zenden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for all of your help...I followed instructions to delete my australia and uk stores.. On global editor it now states that action is pending...so it all looks good..:0
thanks again
zenden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to open just an australia store only?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenden wrote:
Yes, it is possible. Once both Global Editor actions have completed, you'll be back to the beginning point with both locations EXCEPT you have the "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" option checked. You'll need to give some thought to how the system works first and decide if you want to sell to the UK in your US store now or if you might want to add the UK to your US store shipping zone in the future.

You'll also need to decided if you want to do the currency conversion yourself or do you want eCRATER to auto convert the prices. (The shipping prices are auto converted and rounded up to the next whole AUD or GBP. There is no choice for shipping conversion.) There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems. I know there are topics where this has been discussed and you need to check them. I think the main topic is in the news section when the UK was first added. Hopefully Moonwishes will be along later and can add to this information.

I would think that if you added just AU to your shipping zone (and added your AU shipping to the shipping matrix and/or Calculated shipping) you could use either currency conversion system. However, if you want to sell to the UK from your US store, but do not want the items to appear in the UK store, I would think you would need to use the manual conversion system.

The system also allows a seller to only show some of your categories in the AU or UK stores. I would think that you would have to use the manual system for this to work, but I don't have time to think it through this morning.

THANK YOU ECRATER FOR GIVING US SUCH FREEDOM TO USE THE SYSTEM AS IT WORKS BEST FOR EACH SELLER.
There's a lot to think about to plan your store to meet your personal needs. The easy way is to just not sell to the UK/AU at all or completely open both sites and use auto convert. I am just so pleased that eCRATER has left all the options open to us instead of closing some when new ones are added.
zenden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I can't have different products in just an AU store from my US store?
Or I would have to open a separate ecrater store completely and just make it an Australia store? I wanted to sell items other than my US store lists..
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just to be clear, You have to have a store that ships to all 50 states (ecrater can tell you if an AU store that sells to the US would be acceptable--I'm inclined to think you need to have the US store though), otherwise the UK and AU stores are up to you. Sheila has much better instructions on how to have one open or not than I do (I suspect she has it in copy and paste Very Happy ). Anyhow there are some good reasons to have a seperate AU and-or UK stores and that is each store ends up in google searches as well as other search engines, so you are getting double and triple exposure for your items. Believe it or not some of my US buyers buy through my UK or AU stores. Australian buyers buy through the UK store and those in the UK from the AU store etc. And then other country's buyers will buy from any of those stores. So if you are willing to ship international at all and you take PP, it is a good idea to open the stores themselves. Shipping to the UK, AU and all points in Europe is the same for First Class Mail and I think the same for other shipping ways such as Priority. Of course if you are opening a store in the UK or where ever you will have to figure the shipping out for your country.

You can choose to let ecrater set your currency conversions on actual prices although I prefer to set my own as ecrater can change the conversion rate without notice and it might not be in your best interest. I set my prices to accomodate possible insurance, packing supplies, PP fees, etc. So if you are trying to hit 'exact postage only' it will backfire on you. The shipping rate you set is converted by ecrater (we can't do that and they do it without notice) so working with both your prices and shipping rates, you can be sure you are charging enough to cover all costs.

I use the matrix so can't speak at all to the other shipping set ups, but once you get UK or AU figured out the rest of the countries are a breeze to figure out. If you use electronic postage like endicia, doing a customs sticker is very easy for lightweight items and for First class shipments might take me an extra 15-30 seconds. I say this because some think that shipping internationally is hard work and takes a lot of extra time, blah blah blah--it doesn't. I have found that about 20% of my sales are international and that isn't moey I want to see not happening just because it might take a few minutes to learn a few extra things Very Happy

I have all my products available in all three stores. I know that some only have a few categories open for their international stores because of shipping costs, etc. That is a personal decision as well. I'm not exactly positive on how setting up just some categories works, so if you have trouble with that, maybe someone else can help in that matter.

I hope I have helped you understand a bit more of the why and how of shipping internationally.
griffengarb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good information from Sheila and Moonwishes.
I have never been able to work with the shipping matrix and never wanted to be listed in the uk and au . I thought I was not and then a couple sales came from there.

I then re-read the instructions(not these) and thought I was not listed there. When I logged in Admin I see the feeds were still going to UK and AU. Tried again to remove those listings. I still see the feeds going there.
But I did just do what sheila suggested to see if there were any items listed in the UK and AU.
When Went to my site, and changed the url to the UK. My Same store homepage but I had to click on each the categories to see message :
For the UK site:there are no items in this categories
For the AU site I got: Sorry, the website griffengarb.ecrater.com.au cannot be found

Hmnnn, what would be the reason for the different results?
I may try again with the information just posted by SheilaDees and Moonwishes once I figure out the different alternatives to selling on the sites .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: