eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

OK - Is this because I have my store on "Hold"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TFCNBroadcasting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: OK - Is this because I have my store on "Hold" Reply with quote

I've been listing items at a vert rapid rate, but I have my store on hold until I have enough inventory listed to open it. On the HOME PAGE there are boxes for a photo to denote the topic of the items in that particular category. As I've been listing I notice two things: 1. I for some reason can't click on the "HOME" link it is blacked out. 2. When I check "Preview Your Listing" all I see on what is supposed to be my home page (I think) is a random listing of what I've been listing. Will this change to the actual photo and category I noted in box #1 on my home page once I officially open my store or am I doing somethng wrong? Personally, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong as I've been an ecrater user in the past but I just don't remember seeing this situation come up before, either that I just don't remember why it does this when you are listing with your store on hold. Any one who may know the answer to this or clear this up for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your reply.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: OK - Is this because I have my store on "Hold" Reply with quote

TFCNBroadcasting wrote:
I've been listing items at a vert rapid rate

So far you have 21 items in your store. Is that about what you figure?

TFCNBroadcasting wrote:
On the HOME PAGE there are boxes for a photo to denote the topic of the items in that particular category.

Right. And you currently have Random Products, as opposed to Featured Categories. Check the FAQ forum thread "Categories" for information on this.

TFCNBroadcasting wrote:
I for some reason can't click on the "HOME" link it is blacked out.

When you are on the homepage, you cannot click on the Home link. When you are on any other page, you can click on the Home link.

TFCNBroadcasting wrote:
When I check "Preview Your Listing" all I see on what is supposed to be my home page (I think) is a random listing of what I've been listing.

Right. See above.

TFCNBroadcasting wrote:
Will this change to the actual photo and category I noted in box #1 on my home page once I officially open my store or am I doing somethng wrong?

See Categories info above.
TFCNBroadcasting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]So far you have 21 items in your store. Is that about what you figure?

Actually, by the time I get all the inventory in the store there should be around 500 - 600 items or more listed.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic but your titles are sorely lacking in information to help search engines. At least add DVD, CD or whatever the item is and factory sealed or used or whatever. It is easier to do as you go than to have to edit later when you discover you have no sales.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I also suggest more info about the actual product such as run time, actor and director, widescreen or regualar, location code, etc.

Curiousity question. How many listing do your plan to have up before you open? I understand having things on hold till you are in your grove and things like shipping, etc. are set up right, but after a point you should probably go ahead and open your store as you might end up pleasantly surprised with business. Certainly I can't see witing until all 5-600 are listed.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Off topic but your titles are sorely lacking in information to help search engines. At least add DVD, CD or whatever the item is and factory sealed or used or whatever. It is easier to do as you go than to have to edit later when you discover you have no sales.

Your descriptions need some help. Remember that search engines look at only the first few lines so put all the specific details there and then add the other "informative" stuff. Check out other sellers listings for examples.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: