eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie with a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsusedsawparts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Newbie with a question Reply with quote

Hello All, I'm new here and just getting my store going. My question concerns listing items that are the same.
I sell used chainsaw parts, at times I may have more than one of the same exact item. I want to list them separately so that the buyer can see the exact part they will receive. Is this considered duplicate listings?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is exactly the same, you can only list it once. Duplicated listings can get you suspended. Don't forget to fill in your faq's and while your store name is done very well, you can't read it. Maybe just enlarge to blade part so the name shows clearly. If you have a following, you want to make it easy for them to find you. Happy selling!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of your items are used or just the ones I looked at?

If the condition is noticably different as in one has paint loss and one is like new, I think you can list both because the price will be different as will the description because you will be highlighting the issues with the lesser item. Condition should also be mentioned in the title so search engines will see them as not identical listings.

If on the other hand you have several same items that are basically identical in part number and condition, you will have to restrict your listing.

It is like listing 2 books, same edition, but one has been remaindered unread and the other has been read.
mattsusedsawparts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99.999 % of the items I sell are used, chainsaw collectors/restorers are very picky about cosmetic parts so I like to show the exact part they'le be buying. I think I'll be o.k. doing this, at least on painted parts. Thanks a million for the tips!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsusedsawparts wrote:
99.999 % of the items I sell are used, chainsaw collectors/restorers are very picky about cosmetic parts so I like to show the exact part they'le be buying. I think I'll be o.k. doing this, at least on painted parts. Thanks a million for the tips!

I don't think you'll be ago
The rule says no duplicate listings
Two listings for the same item in the same condition = a duplicate listing
Your store will end up suspended.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I learned something today....there are people who collect chain saws. Yikes!
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall, let me ask, last night I listed 6 Hall sugar /tea caddies. Each one is a different color Is that a problem?
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not identical because they are different colors.

This is more than okay, this is the best way to do it on eCrater.
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tyree.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with the way I list patterns. There may be several patterns with the same style, etc. but the only thing different is the size so those can be seperate listings. If I have duplicates of the same size and style I have to up the quantity though.

Many try to list different sizes AND colors of garments under one listing, thinking it is easier, but in the long run it is easier to list each item by color and size.

Tough deal with the chainsaw parts though. Who would have thunk it! Perhaps you could offer to email them a photo of the actual part ahead of time? It is easy to attach photos or scans tto the ask a seller a question email. I do it lots of times. Or you could send them a selection of pictures and ask them which they would want. Just thinking about what might work--not guarantting that they would Very Happy
ukdentalshop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could rate each of your matching parts out of ten and add this to your title. For example 'Used Rating 8/10' or 'Condition Score 7/10'.

That way your customer knows exactly how close it is to perfect condition and ecrater are happy. It could also let you increase the price slightly for higher rated parts.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdentalshop wrote:
Maybe you could rate each of your matching parts out of ten and add this to your title. For example 'Used Rating 8/10' or 'Condition Score 7/10'.

That way your customer knows exactly how close it is to perfect condition and ecrater are happy. It could also let you increase the price slightly for higher rated parts.

If the customer actually reads the body description. Also, keep in mind that would would have to subtly vary the main description line, else you might get accused of listing the same item more than once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: