eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Adwords & Widgets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thriftygalcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Google Adwords & Widgets Reply with quote

Just wondering if 1. anyone uses Google Adwords, is it worth it? and, 2. How do you use the WIDGET section in the admin. Not sure what that is. Thanks!

thriftygal Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Adwords, but can comment on widgets.

A widget is like a micro-app to embed a small function into a webpage. They are most common on blogs these days, but can also be added to Facebook tabs (if they support html), personally-owned domains or any page that you have code access to. They work off of an RSS feed, and are automatically updated when new content is added to the feed.

This ecrater widget will show a sample of items from your ecrater store. Ecrater maintains the RSS feed, and items shown by the widget will update every time new items are added to your store.

To add it to your blog, you'll want to look through the How-To section of your blog hosting site and find how to incorporate the code. Each site differs on how to do it. In Facebook, the Static Html app should handle the ecrater widget fine - just copy & paste the widget code into the app.

I don't use the ecrater widget currently, but tried it - the size was a bit small for what I needed. However, I saw a good example of it in use recently on the Guru's page - hopefully he won't mind if I refer you to it. You can see the Ecrater Widget working in the middle of the page.
http://www.SecurityAlarmGuru.com/
thriftygalcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Audio! I think I will noodle around with the widget.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used adwords a couple of times when they gave me free credit. I couldn't see that they brought in a single sale but that was only my experience with them. Others use them all the time so I suppose they are of value if you understand how to use them well.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same here for Adwords. I used the free credits not difference of sales rate.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a better response using Facebook ads than Google ads. However, I will be using Google ads again this holiday season to offset any loss of placement due to the Google Shopping changes.

My fiance just used some free advertising he got on Twitter and he said it got him some good (not spammy) followers. He has over 4,000 followers now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: