eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

To add Google UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: To add Google UK Reply with quote

This is strange and I not sure where I have got lost.

I already have a number of stores which accept payment by UK Google but it some time since I have activated a store.

I have set up the new store.

Included the UK in the Shipping Zones, in fact I ship to everywhere in the world.

I have enabled GBP currency.

I have set a rate for GBP in Global editor.

But in payment options the boxes for UK Google Merchant Key and ID are not showing.

Can someonw tell me what I have missed.

I have looked at my other stores which are working with Google UK and I can not see what I have forgot.

Thanks for help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand your issue but does it have to do with you being not in the US? I remember how much trouble you had when you first were setting up on eCRATER.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maggie.

Nothing to do with location, or should not be.

In your shop management Administrative Tool there is a page 'Payment Options.

Secure Checkout through Google Wallet
Merchant ID:
Merchant Key:

When you add the Option to take GBP and add the United Kingdon as one of your Shipping options this should change to include

Secure Checkout through Google Wallet
Merchant ID:
Merchant Key:
UK Merchant ID:
UK Merchant Key:

I have many working shops where this is working perfectly.

On my latest shop the part
UK Merchant ID:
UK Merchant Key:
Is not showing and I can not enter my Google details.

Need to know what has changed or what I have forgot to do?

Thanks John.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never re-entered the merchant keys from the first time I did it and I have working UK and AU stores X 4. Of course I can't use Google with my UK store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, for our UK and AU stores, unless we have a bank in the UK and AU those of us in the States and CA can't use Google checkout in our UK and AU stores, only PP. Not sure exactly why just that we can't, but that's what we deal with. So store owners that won't use PP can't have a UK store although they can take orders from the UK through their US store. A bit complicated, but that is probably what you are running into. Otherwise you might want to contact the ecrater team.

Haven't heard much from you lately. How's it going?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moonwishes.

I am English. I do have a UK Bank account and do use Google in all my active stores. I do not have US Google.

I have 20 plus active stores and saved the names of some stores I wanted to activate at a later date, now!

But I have the space to put in US Google details, but need to find a way to make the boxes for UK Google to show.

As for business it is fantastic!

I know there are many posts from newbies about few or no orders, but with orders paid for direct using Google, I do not accept paypal, orders from the US which are left and than paid for after I send an Invoice, plus the orders sent direct from existing customers, plus the rders from the auction site run on the same pricipals as ecrater, no fees for anything, at any time, ever.

I have a full time business with three part time workers and sending out anything from 5 to 30 orders per day.

Things are good and on the profit from the last three months I have just bought an apartment in Estonia not far from the Baltic Sea. Apartments there are very cheap.

All is good. How about you?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all sounds great John! I wish I had a few helpers! But lately sales have been much slower so I'm working on ways to get them up. Google US has made significant changes to their search engine and it is hard for all of us to be seen like we were back in 2008-2009, every time they announced or we found out about a change, our sales seemed to slide. I think it is hitting all the regular good sellers, just something we have to figure out. These big companies don't care about what happens to the little people that depend on them as they are in chase the big bucks from the big companies. As least it gives us a chance to stretch out creativity and problem solving skills.

I do think your best bet with the Google deal is ask the ecrater team as I don't think anyone on the boards has a UK bank account unless we have a few UK sellers but I don't know who they are.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time when I had no paypal and no Google because Google Checkout UK does not work with ecrater.com
The invent of the UK site has been a big bonus, many buyers knowing the two shop UK and US system and Us buyers buying through the UK store to allow Credit Card payment, but still a big number of buyers leaving orders or more common contacting direct to place orders.
Marketing is the key. Since joining ecrater I work n average of one hour each day placing links all over the web, that is what is paying. Forums, Groups, Message Boards and so many more. There are an unlimited number of ways to place links out there and that is what is paying for me.
Hope things pick up for you. I love the items you sell and amazed you not sell more.
John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: