eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Alternate Checkout - PayPal question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Alternate Checkout - PayPal question Reply with quote

I've had a few incomplete orders from customers that were going through PayPal. Have any of you experienced any of this with PayPal?

Also, a customer contacted me today saying she wanted to buy but the PayPal link didn't work. She said it wasn't in the Alternate Checkout part either. So I tried Alternate Checkout myself, filled out my information, and was THEN given the choice to use PayPal. I thought it was a lot of rigamarole for a customer to do. I wonder why there's no straight shot to PayPal like Google has.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having Google on the first page of checkout is a restriction Google put on eCRATER when they started offering it. Not sure that still holds. But I agree with you that it makes sense that when someone clicks on buy the next page should give one of three options: to continue shopping, to checkout using Google, or to checkout using PayPal.

Everyone has unpaid or incomplete PayPal orders. We probably have them with Google too however with Google if you don't pay instantly the order vanishes and we never know it was attempted.

When you get an unpaid PP order you can send the buyer an invoice in case they didn't know how the system works or got interrupted, or you can just ignore it.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input, viewfinders.
silktraveler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

I've had several buyers recently experience trouble trying to complete pmt through Paypal. I had it set to only accept payments to Confirmed Address and thought maybe that was the reason but no. One was longtime PP'er and another said it wouldn't accept pmt. I've always liked Google checkout, now Wallet and never had buyer report issues with it. Today one buyer finally used GW after 3 failed attempts in PP. I did change the PP setting to "ask me first" about Confirmed address.
Personally I don't like the term "Alternate Payment"...would also rather it just state GW or PP. oh well.
just fyi
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

""So I tried Alternate Checkout myself, filled out my information, and was THEN given the choice to use PayPal.""

I would also have to agree, I haven't had any problem yet, but a while back it seemed as if there was no way to use paypal, I didn't go as far as you did too see that.

It should be a simple choice through the array of payment options, THEN continue.

That was one reason I didn't think paypal was available, the word "alternate" so I just hoped buyers could figure it out, seems they manage somehow.
silktraveler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: more pp checkout problems Reply with quote

Once again I've got 3 buyers in a row choosing PP and none being completed. I wouldn't know if it was change of mind or problems if first buyer hadn't emailed to advise - and complain - that PP wouldn't accept her payment. She told me she "called PP and they said it was on ur end" which sounded odd verbiage. I called PP and they confirmed nothing in my account to prevent payment completion and also confirmed buyers account looked 'okay'. I did send invoices to 2 of 3 buyers but no response by either. Will now contact ecrater. Seems like more than coincidence that 3 in a row after 3 weeks of slowest sales in my total history online.

2713947 Mxxxx Fxxx $71.45 03-24-2013 16:08

2713456 Jxxx Axxx $41.00 03-24-2013 08:47

2713454 Jxxx Axxx $41.00 03-24-2013 08:46

2712776 Lxxxx Lxxx $108.25 03-23-2013 12:58

2712764 Lxxxx Lxxx $108.25 03-23-2013 12:51
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: