eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from CandyAppleCrafts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Hello from CandyAppleCrafts! Reply with quote

I'm known as CandyAppleCrafts on Etsy and Artfire. I am focusing exclusively on vintage home decor, dishes, and housewares here (rather than my usual blend of handmade and vintage goods). I've got some interesting things in my store already.

As of writing this, I've accumulated 167 sales on Etsy (with 100% positive feedback) and 74 sales on Artfire (also with 100% positive feedback). My store, here, is young, but you'll get the same great service as you would in those other places!

If you are in the market for a specific vintage piece or color scheme, feel free to contact me. I just might have it, even if I haven't listed it yet. I'm always happy to look through my secret stash for you.

Hope you'll stop by and explore. Smile

Last edited by CandyAppleCrafts on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome old friend from AF. You will find our forum very friendly and helpful.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Welcome old friend from AF. You will find our forum very friendly and helpful.

Thanks! I'm just familiarizing myself with the forums here. Hello to you, as well. Smile
ToonTownTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , welcome to ecrater.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candy Apple Sweet Things,
When you can it would be wise to replace your CC logo with one with your name on it. When a buyer is in your store, the most visible ID is that banner so they can remember the name of your store. Everything else that identifies you is in fine priint.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had thought about that, but didn't have the chance to change anything, yet. I've been stuck with this logo for years, but this site is formatted differently than the rest and my store name is not so easy to spot.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Better? Reply with quote

I just redesigned the logo. Better? At least I get some store recognition that way. Unfortunately for me, I registered the shop url under "CandyAppleCrafts" before I decided to go under a different name. I guess it will have to be okay. Smile
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cute logo. The alternate registration of Candy apple crafts may cause some confusion. You can change it if you pay eCRATER to do it for you.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may end up switching back. "Crafts" is confusing when you're selling vintage, but re-branding is bad when you've worked hard on the existing brand.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello from Sweet Old Things!

I'm known as CandyAppleCrafts on Etsy and Artfire, but here I decided to do something a little different.

No you didn't do something different ... you name here is CandyAppleCrafts
Your store url is www.CandyAppleCrafts.ecrater.com

You are just confusing yourself and your customers if you think you are Sweet Old Things
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Better? Reply with quote

CandyAppleCrafts wrote:
I just redesigned the logo. Better? At least I get some store recognition that way. Unfortunately for me, I registered the shop url under "CandyAppleCrafts" before I decided to go under a different name. I guess it will have to be okay. Smile

A common work around: open a second store with the name you want, move all of the items from one store to another, then close the original store. With only 50 items or so, this might be easier than paying Ecrater for the name change. Or you could keep both open, one to compliment the CandyApple name around the web and SweetOldThings as its own focus. Many sellers here have multiple storefronts with different product foci.

And welcome to the ecrater flock - always nice to see experienced transplants make their way out to the moon.
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Okay, convinced. Reply with quote

Okay, you have convinced me. It seems simplest to just go back to the usual name. Smile I really don't want to have to rebrand. I entered the vintage selling business about four months after I began my brand, so I think the "crafts" thing stuck but didn't seem to hurt things. Now I do about 50/50 vintage and handmade sales. Currently, my eCrater shop is exclusively vintage, but who knows? I may someday start listing handmade things here, too. Smile
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater CandyAppleCrafts and good luck!
CandyAppleCrafts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: