eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about shipping charges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Question about shipping charges Reply with quote

This question may have already been asked and answered, but I'm new at this and I swear I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I have set up my store, and also set up Google Checkout. All is well. My question is this: I made a "test purchase" on my account, and then went thru the motions as if I was going to pay with Google Checkout. In my shopping cart, no taxes or shipping charges show up. I checked, double checked, and triple checked, and everything is set up, but they don't show up in my cart. If this makes any difference, I ONLY accept Google Checkout. What I am wondering is if these charges show up after the "Pay with Goggle" button is clicked. Any help would be appreciated! David
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like me do a test

It won't do tax on me because of the address BUT once I get to the GOOGLE portion it does show the shipping.
I did get a message on the first page once I selected google but before I logged into google that shipping and tax would show on the next page.

So it appears to be working fine.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
daves

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Big, I really do appreciate it!
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumping in here because i had the same problem last night when I tested my store...so if you check that you want to buy with a secondary processor (paypal, google) then the tax and shipping won't show up until you go to process it through them?

It confused me, since it showed my total without tax or shipping, and I don't want customers thinking 'cool! No shipping or tax!' then getting to paypal's processing and seeing it show up.

Would you suggest some sort of notice on my ecrater site so they won't be surprised by it? Thanks Very Happy
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...

I just ran through a test transaction on my site, saying I was going to pay by personal check. The items I selected showed the shipping cost when I looked at the item details, but the shipping cost didn't show up during checkout, or even after the order was placed. I even went into my back office to look for the order, and the shipping wasn't counted for there, either. Sad

I have the shipping matrix set to weight-based shipping, and I'm using the weight numbers to select the type of shipping needed. I.E. '1' equals $7.95 shipping. I don't have all the other weights configured yet, since the only items I've uploaded so far require $7.95 shipping. When I add my products, I select '1' pound for the shipping and select 'weight-based'...and like I said, the shipping shows up in the product details, but not when I check out.

I am totally confused... Shocked
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theginghamgiftcompany - your store is on hold so I could not to a test buy from you to help you figure out where the problem is.
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm so sorry! I put it on hold again after the test, since I don't want to get real orders coming through just yet!

I'll take it off hold until you place a test order. Let me know what happens for you! Thanks. Smile

'meljen'
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another note...you'll need to go to my categories to find the products. There are three listed in the top category. You can test it out on those. Smile

Thanks!
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK --- I tested both PayPal and money orders and it works just like it suppose to. Shipping shows after you click on process to check out.

So everything looks ok to me
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for taking the time to check. That really means a lot. Smile I'm glad it's showing up for you...that is SO wierd that it didn't for me. It showed 'shipping: 0.00' all over the place for me, even after clicking 'process'. Wierd! Shocked

Anyway, thank you!! (big hugs)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: