eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

CinemaSewer store suspended

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: CinemaSewer store suspended Reply with quote

hi guys, maybe you can help me out. I've sent a message to ecrater with the hopes that they can unsuspend my store, but in the meantime, perhaps you can offer some suggestions on why my store is gone, and what I can do to bring it up to ecraters standards. I read elsewhere on this forum that "Ecrater does not notify you when they suspend your store. It is up to you to figure out what you did wrong on your store and fix it, then you can contact Ecrater to re-instate it", so lets see if I can get this shipshape.
http://cinemasewer.ecrater.com/

I do a magazine about exploitation movies, which has also been collected into a series of books by my publisher in the UK. I also draw and publish old 1970s style dirty underground comics, and sell vintage mens magazines. Also sell a dvd visual-mixtape I produced. Nothing in the ecrater terms seems to have any problem with those things, at least not that I can see:
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

Is it the thing on the front page about the confusion with the shipping calculator? Maybe they thought that seemed shady? I can take that down, but again, don't see anything in the terms against it.

Thanks for your help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, I have had my store here since November 2009, and overwhelmingly happy customers in my feedback section:
http://cinemasewer.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=137099
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is the T and A on your home page and no disclaimer as for 18+ years. Stores that show full frontal nudity have to have warnings on the home page and and no T/A on the front page.
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! That was it. The boobs on the front page, and also because I had some vintage adult mags listed in "soft erotic" when apparently the only magazines acceptable for that are playboys. Everything else is apparently supposed to be listed as "sex stuff". The magazines I have aren't any dirtier than playboy, but I'm not gonna argue, especially after the polite and timely manner in which ecrater dealt with this.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that this has been your name for a while but cinemasewer, to me, implies sewing for the cinema industry. Perhaps though the sewer is more about the plumping aspect of the word? Anyhow you might want to think about a way to clarify that your site doesn't have anything to do with sewing although I'm not sure how to do that though without ending up with keywords that might draw sewers to your site instead of the other way around.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, that never entered my mind. I just clicked on the www on the OP and saw the home page and so of course my mind never went to seamstresses. Home page makes it pretty obvious the store is meant for underground sewers. Oh the beauty of the English language.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of topic, but it is amazing to see that a company of magazines use eCrater site to sell their stuff.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moonwishes, that never entered my mind. I just clicked on the www on the OP and saw the home page and so of course my mind never went to seamstresses. Home page makes it pretty obvious the store is meant for underground sewers. Oh the beauty of the English language.

Yes it can get confusing. Is some one a sewer and they work with a sewing machine or are they working in the sewer with wrenches and what not? Very Happy More and more sewers are calling themselves sewists to help distinguish themselves from plumers. When I saw the sellers name I got all excited thinking I was going to be seeing some great costumes, etc. I backed out fast when the site came up though!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more of the expression, mind in the gutter kind of thing.

Elpereles Lots of people sell magazine subscriptions on line. Is that what you were referring to?
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat, yes I know about the subscription online, but someone using eCrater. It is the 1rst time I saw a seller and special a "direct" contact from publisher.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: