eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any way to remove negative feedback ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Any way to remove negative feedback ? Reply with quote

A customer 'jumped the gun' & left negative feedback, minutes after placing order, because he 'didn't get a confirmation'.
I refunded his money & cancelled his order, after calling him & being told "I was taking it too seriously".
My 100% rating is ruined by this dumby.
Any way it can be invalidated?
Thanks.
I am sick over this.
F&D
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You jumped the gun by calling customer over a mistaken feedback. Now you have lost a sale and infuriated a buyer who may totally turn off eCRATER as a shopping destination.

If a seller gets a negative when the problem is the post office or system error or suspected error, eCRATER will remove the error. Sounds like you went over the cliff without giving eCRATER or the buyer a chance. Which is more important to you? Sales or feedback?

Consider that the system may have been swamped at the time of the purchase.
Consider that the confirmation (a no reply email) may have gone to the buyer's junk file.
Consider that the feedback was actually against eCRATER and not you.

If a seller gets a negative when the problem is the post office or system error or suspected error, eCRATER will remove the error. Sounds like you went over the cliff without giving eCRATER or the buyer a chance. Which is more important to you? Sales or feedback?
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose to cancel the order.
A buyer who would leave a negative FB within minutes of his order,
is a buyer who would most certainly continue the bad communication skills
AFTER receiving the item.
I now will lose many sales because of his thoughtless action.
I chose to not sell to him.
It was a hard to find part & I have no desire to work for a person who would damage my reputation without cause.
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system should not allow the buyer to leave feedback, within minutes of his order, while the seller is still waiting for Google wallet to process the CC order.
The system failed me.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cry victim all you want but you goofed. Technology is not infallible. If you can't live with that you need to go chop wood-carry water. You don't blame a buyer because he reacted to a system error and the buyer states very clearly that it was a system error.
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not 'goof'.
I went to the P.O. to ship orders.
Came back, logged on, saw 'GCO' order.
which was AWAITING my processing (shipping).
to verify, I Logged into eCrater.
Saw order.
Saw negative.
The 'buyer' - 'goofed'.
He lost out on a HTF part as the result of his impatience for a
'confirmation', which I'm sure, he could have gotten from:
1) His CC company (the charge), or, the GCO confirm.
2) By sending me an eMail.
3) By calling me.
NO REASON to ruin a perfect feedback, because you did not get an 'instant' confirmation from ME.
GCO gave him one.

I see you are having a good time at my expense.
Enjoy.

Hopefully, all the other buyers will see all the other glowing comments on my record, and, see that negative for what it is.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been here at least since 2009, but apparently don't come to the forum much until you want to be told what you did was correct. If you had stopped in more, you would have been aware that ecrater would cancel out a negative like that in no time. Instead you ended up jumping the gun yourself and canceling the order. This isn't ebay, once someone has left their feedback they can't leave another.

I have no clue what confirmation this person wanted, but that is beside the point. All you needed to do is email him the confirmation and a shipping notification. There is no reason to call a customer in a situation as you were probably speaking your mind a bit too freely. All this has done is make a poor situation worse and like the other poster said, it makes ALL ecrater sellers look bad. I can't fathom canceling an order just because you figure this guy will be more of a problem along the way.

Quote:
I see you are having a good time at my expense.
Enjoy.
Not sure what that is supposed to mean. This isn't a situation that would give any one of us sellers a good time!

By the way all you have to do is email ecrater with your request to remove the negative. I think you can find more about that in the FAQ or do a search.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never call or email a buyer to hassle them about leaving bad feedback. If it is truly undeserved, I'll just contact ecrater in private to have it removed and continue processing that person's order. Why? Because even know that person may have been a jerk for leaving undeserved feedback, they are still a PAYING jerk, lol, and if he or she still wants to give me their money for an item I'll take it with a smile on my face. I know that some sellers will email the buyer and ask why they left the feedback but, the only time I would ever contact a buyer after leaving bad feedback is if I did something wrong that I needed to fix and apologize to the buyer for. I think it just creates more problems and it angers the buyer even further when someone emails or calls them (especially if you call them) to ask why they left a certain comment.

However, one time I did have a buyer leave nasty feedback right off the bat that didn't even pertain to me and I cancelled his order because he also emailed me and was being a jerk. He was having problems getting the pages in my store to load which had nothing to do with me and he left a feedback stating that he had a horrible shopping experience and recommended that other buyers not shop here. He didn't specify that it was because the internet was going slow, he worded the feedback in a way that made it sound like he had a bad experience with ME or that I was rude or something. He sent me an email griping to me about the loading times and demanded I give him a 10% discount because it took him 20 minutes to purchase something that should've only taken 5 minutes max to purchase. I refused to give him a discount because I have no control over page loading times and it was either his computer or the internet was going slow. He emailed me back cussing me out and said he'd report ecrater to the BBB if I didn't give him the discount so, I cancelled his order and then I had ecrater remove the feedback. I think that was a good reason to cancel his order.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearCreek--now that is a jerk and how do you know he really had trouble loading pages? This may have been his chance, he thought, to con you into giving him a discount or freebie. So many buyers are trying to get freebies any more, I've heard that there are websites telling people how to get free stuff instead of paying for it from small sellers like us. It is one thing when a company wants to give away a free sample, but something else if someone comes along and tries to con them out of regular product because someone else told them it would work. And why would the BBB care if it took a bit of time for pages to load--that isn't false advertising or any other reason for them to get involved?!?!
Thescarletibis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: I feel your pain Reply with quote

I feel your pain. I got my first negative feedback days ago because apparently I did not pay enough postage. I have never had this problem with my scale I've had for two years. I am trying to figure out what happened. I have called USPS and they are telling me that this may not be true. It's possible that there was no safe place to leave the package at the time.
I am waiting on more information. If it is true I place to refund him what had to pay and a little more. I am very frustrated because if he had contacted me I really would have made it right. I am also confused as to how I got the postage wrong. I have never gotten postage wrong. I am afraid the post office has made a mistake. This has happened to me before, with something I measured AT the post office.. I've also read on other forums that this has happened to people with USPS. I haven't had a sale in almost 10 days. I am afraid this has destroyed my track record forever.
capitalus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five-And-Dime - I would do the same if I were you. A negative was the first step. The next step would likely to be to get the item for free or at a discount, which small sellers can't afford. The appropriate risk management strategy in this case is to cancel a high risk order, which you did. Unfortunately, many small sellers don't undertand what risk management is, hence the response you are getting from some of them. Once you took care of that, the next step is to communicate with ecrater to get the feedback removed. I'd be doing the same, since my buyer, who bought not what they wanted to buy (no idea how that could happen - didn't read the description? Didn't see the pictures?), left a neg for me... To a point from another ecrater seller, that your "neg" buyer would be turned away from ecrater because you canceled his order - I tell you thank you. I don't want such a buyer to try to buy from me.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of you shop in supermarkets or big box stores? Have you looked around you at your fellow shoppers? It's best not to or you would fast the rest of your life.

They squeeze the fruit, sample the grapes, pet the fish and pat the steaks. They sneeze on the lettuce, wipe their noses with their hands and then sort through the tomatoes. Toddlers put things in their mouths, only to have moms take them out and put them back on the display.

You literally have to try walking out the door without paying before the store manager will stop you. You guys are getting off easy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capitalus I just saw the negative concerning this >>since my buyer, who bought not what they wanted to buy (no idea how that could happen - didn't read the description? Didn't see the pictures?), <<

The way I read the comment from the customer, I suspect that they thought that the quality of fabric, sewing, etc. would be much better than what they got. It was their way of saying they received an inferior product from what was advertised. Something they couldn't judge until it was in their hands. This would be a case where you could communicate with your buyer and offer a full refund (less shipping) if they returned the item. Yes, probably too late to resell for this year but it would remove one of your negatives possibly once ecrater saw how responsive you were to the situation.

As to >>To a point from another ecrater seller, that your "neg" buyer would be turned away from ecrater because you canceled his order -<< It wasn't the canceling the order that was the problem it was was the quickness of it without a chance to work through the problem in a sensible, professional way. No, no one wants to receive a negative, but first you have to establish why you got it (And I don't mean calling the person either--email is preferable as it leaves a written record) and how you can fix it for them. It perhaps gives the seller a chance to educate a buyer that we don't send out immediate confirmations or whatever it was they wanted. Even writing ecrater immediately and asking their help with a negative that came minutes after the order would have helped. I can't imagine that ecrater would let a negative like that stand if the seller had told them immediately prior to canceling the order or doing anything else. Instead, by canceling the order, the seller escalated the problem and escalated it quickly.

For many, all it takes is one bad experience here (or any venue) to turn them off the site, even though there are many great sellers here. I think we all have to be aware of this as our success is built upon other's success as well.
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore - the point of my post wasn't to complain about my neg - I emailed ecrater and I hope it will be removed. But since you commented on it, let me respond. You are correct, that is how anyone who sees this feedback would read it. They may also conclude the item wasn't authentic. I did exchange emails with the buyer, and he admitted the item he recieved is 100% as described. The real problem is the buyer didn't look at the picture, but instead made an assumption it would look differently. Well I can't send him what he pictured in his head, I can only send what I have, and it's appropriately described and pictured in the item listing. Further, and it seems that was the biggest problem, he ordered an adult costume in size L for an 11 year old girl. I have no doubts the costume will not fit even the biggest 11 year old girl. I believe that was the real reason for the "quality" comment - the costume didn't fit, it's too large for the poor girl!!! The customer didn't care to see the picture of the item, no did he care to read item description regarding the size (stated in both item caption and in the body). And yes I did allow the customer to return it, though it will not be a 100% refund (he will be responsible for all expenses I incur in this sale).

And regarding your last point - I do not welcome bad buyers. Both the original poster's and my buyers are not the buyers I want. I do not believe the original poster is a bad seller, as your last statement impies. No do I consider myself a bad seller.

Last edited by capitalus on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, does anyone know how long does it take for ecrater to get back to you regarding feedback removal? Also, do you know what email I can use to forward my customer emails, supporting my request? Thank you.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: