eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Coupon Codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coinsandlures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Coupon Codes? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new and have a quick question. Is it possible that I could offer some sort of a money saving offer at checkout if the buyer would type in a code? I would like to send an email to customers every so often with a code in it that they could use to save money.
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think eCRATER supports anything like that, but there may be a facility such as that via one, or both, of the electronic payment services.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use it with Google Checkout, but ONLY if you do not use USPS calculated shipping.

You cannot use it with PayPal as far as I know.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cheapskirt mentioned, you can do it with GCO and that is all, so it is a bit 'messy' as you have to explain when you send it that they have to use it only with GCO not PP. You can make it up by going to the tools section of GCO in the tabs where you see completed orders.

That being said, I've enclosed coupons in hundreds of packages, printed code details up in many places including FB and in over 4 years selling hear only 3 have been used. Not a very successful campaign to say the least and at this point, while I have some old but useable codes floating around, I don't bother with them anymore. From what I heard, most of us that have tried to use them have had similar success rates.
mostlygifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Google Coupon Codes Not showing up Reply with quote

I am having trouble getting the coupon codes to show up once you go to the shopping cart to checkout through GCO.
I am unsure if it is because something is not done correctly or if it because I am signed in at google so I dont get to see it?

I use flat rate shipping as suggested in the earlier discussion of this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Confused

mostlygifts.ecrater.com
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure what you mean, but the customer has to input the code when they check out with GCO. I don't think you would see it unless you mean you are doing a 'fake' checkout and trying to see if a spot comes up for the code?

I think that I have heard one type of shipping you can't use the codes with but I'm not sure which one it might be. I do know you can use them when your shipping is matrix based.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I've had the same "success" with the coupons I find it really odd. Unless I'm in the minority, when I was actively online shopping or at the holidays, I actively used coupons and going to different coupon or discount forums, there were always requests for a new code. In this economy, I would think they would be a huge draw. But apparently not so.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC-- I found it odd myself that there is so little interest, especially in the codes that I inserted into packages, where they could have kept it by their computer and since it came in a package from us they at that point know our service and how we perform and how our inventory is. But I think I went through a ream or two of paper that was cut into 4 pieces for those coupon codes and I just got no bites...even from customers that turned around and ordeed something again in a week or two! I know I look for coupon codes myself, but using the codes through GCO can be confusing as you have to explain about only checking out with GCO,etc. It isn't an easy 'use this when checking out for 10% off'.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad, I use USPS calculated shipping with the store that I have the most use for coupon codes. I had another request for one for a group hosting a charity event--they would promote my site if I would give them a discount. The only thing I could offer them was free shipping if they emailed me directly, which seems so cumbersome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: