eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

AdWords
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artinsilk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: AdWords Reply with quote

I hope this thread will not duplicate the info in the forum. I could not find any discussion on the topic.

I am thinking of advertising on Google Shopping. Anyone has experience with AdWords? Please share.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a campaign a month or so ago, and I haven't gotten even one bite from it. It's a campaign geared towards Christmas items with a lot of keywords. I honestly don't know what to think about it. Maybe it will help more as Christmas gets closer. The good news is that it got me placement and also I still have all the funding in the account, since I didn't get any clicks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten any clicks either except for the Halloween costume one I did which has now been put on hold for obvious reasons. I do get shopping placement. Ecrater said that they would be paying for Adwords for all of us, but I don't know how long they plan to continue that. For the price of what I sell, I can't compete with some CPC that are $1 or more!
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a campaign going that would last a week, then I would renew it for another week. Well I went out of town and when I got back I forgot to renew it for a couple of weeks. I did not see any difference in the amount of sales that I usually receive.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you for sure that I didn't set it up to pay much per click at all, and I put a minimal cap on it.
thriftygalcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received emails from Google asking me to sign up for ad sense. With that being said, I went on to Google Shopping and did a search of some items in my store, but not using the exact title, and my store popped up in the search along with others from Ebay, Etsy ect. Now, if I do a generic Google search, I don't find my items quite as quickly. I don't know what to make of it. I am not ready to pay for advertising.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I received emails from Google asking me to sign up for ad sense

Google Adsense and Adwords are two different things and do two different things.

I think that having set up an Adwords account and having your click amount set at the lowest amount possible $.01, still should have us showing up in shopping since we are willing to pay for the Ads. Not our fault everyone else wants to pay more!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emails (I received 3, one for each store) are for AdWords. They are suggesting that sellers sign up for PLA ads (which I believe are different from CPC).
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone shed some light on my Google Adword knowledge darkness? Based on the emails I've received from both eCrater and Google, it seems you must sign up for a Google Adword Account in order to purchase advertising on Google Organic Search OR Google Shopping.

Once an eCrater Seller signs up for a Google Adword Account, you can link that account to your eCrater Store. (There is a link to sign-up on our Admin page under Google Shopping > Adwords.) When you click on the link, you go to Google where you are asked for an email and password.
1) Is this the same email and password you use for Google Checkout?
2) Is there an advantage to having a different one?
3) If you have a different Google Checkout accounts for each of your eCrater stores, would you also have a different Google Adword account for each store?

Once you create your Google Adword Account, is the information clearly presented to show the difference in the Google Ads that appear on Google Organic Search, the Pay per Click for keywords in Google Shopping and the Google Ads that may appear on other websites that show Google Ads?

Maybe these questions are easily answered if I just signed up for Google Adwords, but I'm the type of person that likes to "look at the map" before I start a trip or "read the directions" before I start a project.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I wish I could help but I can never remember how I do these things. Someone here had a link to how to do the PLA ads (I think maybe in the non-related thread?) and up till that point I had only been signed up for the regular adwords, didn't even realize I was supposed to be signed up for the PLA. Even with the PLA I have a low cost per click $.01 as I can't afford to spend $1 a crack for 20-30 people to look at a pattern that sells for less than $10 Shocked

I have checked and I do show up on shopping and once I'm pretty sure I saw an ad for our store. It was a case of I was clicking fast and when I saw it at the bottom of a list of search results and had already clicked to see the next page. When I clicked back it was gone so might have been a figment of my imagination. Embarassed

I do use my regular google sign in name and PW for Adwords, Adsense, the whole lot. I don't know about multiple stores though.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the results will most likely be the same as they were before you paid for Adwords if you are only willing to bid a few cents per click. I think I was told that unless you can fork over a higher pay per click price like the larger businesses can, then it's a waste of time to pay for Adwords because your items will get pushed down towards the bottom and be featured well below the businesses that are paying more than you. But hey, it's up to you whether or not you want to give it a shot. I was told that the Adwords model is very similar if not identical to the pay to be featured in Google shopping model. They work the same way when it comes to paying and picking your price.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I don't know about multiple stores though.

I would like to hear someone address that topic in particular.
KnitforYou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: eCrater Store Reply with quote

Is it time to find another shopping cart? I see more Esty shops than any other on Google. It is too hard being a stand alone. I'm not making any sales. I get more hits on my blog or perhaps I should just go back to eBay!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: eCrater Store Reply with quote

KnitforYou wrote:
Is it time to find another shopping cart? I see more Esty shops than any other on Google. It is too hard being a stand alone. I'm not making any sales. I get more hits on my blog or perhaps I should just go back to eBay!
What does this have to do with advertising on Google Shopping and/or using Google Adwords? We have made the choice to open our stores on eCrater and we pay no fees to eCrater. If we want to be in Google Shopping, eCrater has provided us with a way to pay Google and eCrater will continue to do the Google Shopping feed for us. If I don't want to pay to be in Google Shopping, I have that option. If I had a standalone store, I would have to pay Google Shopping and do the feed myself. I would also lose the help I get from being on a marketplace.

If I wanted to pay every time I list or relist an item and/or pay every time an item sells, there are lots of places where I could list my items. I can not expect a marketplace to pay to submit my items when I don't pay them. I have a feeling some of the other internet marketplaces are going to either stop their Google Shopping feeds OR raise the cost to sellers to list on their site.

I would also like to hear from some other sellers using Google Adwords for PLA on Google Shopping. I would especially like to hear from some multiple store owners.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: eCrater Store Reply with quote

KnitforYou wrote:

I guess it depends on what you sell and how well you market it. I found that I sell much better here in my ugly sweater store, then I ever get on eBay (600-1,200 page views in a day vs 5-10 on eBay--if that). But that's just me.

If I went with Etsy, I would have to limit my inventory to only vintage goods. Which would rule out a lot of the contemporary items I sell in that shop. So for me it's not a good fit. But for other people, possibly it will be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: