eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout - Item bought but no post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCHaven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout - Item bought but no post Reply with quote

An item was bought through Google Checkout from my eCRATER website, but there is nothing listed on my eCRATER order list. The only reason I know something was bought is because Google sent me the email. Is there a reason why the order is not showing on eCRATER?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not recall the precise instructions, but you have to enable something on Google Checkout settings, and specify the callback URL, so that GCO knows to tell eCRATER that an order was generated. If this is not done, then eCRATER does not know about the order, and does not take the items out of inventory.
PCHaven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: gc Reply with quote

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the info!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
I do not recall the precise instructions, but you have to enable something on Google Checkout settings, and specify the callback URL, so that GCO knows to tell eCRATER that an order was generated. If this is not done, then eCRATER does not know about the order, and does not take the items out of inventory.

That's true and also, if the order is not showing in ecrater it will not count towards your overall amount of sales total.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
That's true and also, if the order is not showing in ecrater it will not count towards your overall amount of sales total.

I have no idea what your referring to.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

The number that shows how many sales you have had, the one that appears next to your feedback percentage. Feedback 100%, 259 sales. Sorry for the confusion.
PCHaven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

The number that shows how many sales you have had, the one that appears next to your feedback percentage. Feedback 100%, 259 sales. Sorry for the confusion.

Exactly, and that's why I was worried. One, they will not receive any feedback emails from eCRATER, and two it wont be added in on the buys. But no worries, it only happened once and I've set it up correctly since then.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do know that if something like that happens with a Paypal payment, you can manually go into your Paypal account and tell Paypal to resend the feed to ecrater so it will count towards your sales total. As far as Google goes, I'm not sure if there is a way to do that.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This only happened because the set up was not done correctly.

Many stores that have unlimited product do not attach the callback to ecrater. There is no real need other than the inventory control.

Feedback don't matter in a store setup. Feedback is more of a marketplace thing. Yes, ecrater is a marketplace if you go to ecrater.com but most don't. Most sellers promote their own stores bringing traffic directly to their store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: