eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

No matter what they say, I think this informtion still play

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: No matter what they say, I think this informtion still play Reply with quote

a big roll in my store being suspended.
* In the back of my mind, the whole time this was getting under way, I felt it would have a negative impact in some form or fashion and it has.
Ecrater has never had to suspend my store and I have no idea why they did. If something wasn't correctly listed then that item would be excluded from the search, not the whole store. Then I also receive an email about adwords, c'mon, I 'm sorry this is so obvious. I have been hanging out with ecrater since, roughly, 2003 off and on. I am a little upset with ecrater, At this point, It is what it is. When one door closes another one opens up.

Guys, you all very sweet, nice, kind and considerate. I have been lurking the boards for years. No need to respond, the bottom line is, you have to pay to play, well in this particular instance. Don't let this happen to you, set something up!

Information cited from http://scroogled.com/

Then (2004)
Founders IPO Letter: "we do not accept payment for [search results] or for inclusion or more frequent updating."
Google's 2004 SEC Filing: "Our search results will be objective and we will not accept payment for inclusion or ranking in them."

Now (2012)
Google's 2012 SEC Disclosure: "After all, ads are just more answers to users' queries."

Google Commerce announces shopping results will be paid for and exclude merchants who don't participate.

Google Commerce announces it is going international in February 2012. Countries in line to be Scroogled include UK, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Australia and Switzerland.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3256

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the relation between your suspension and Froogle?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: *Update** Reply with quote

Ecrater said my store was suspended because Google has suspended me from Google checkout.

huh, what Shocked I had this really dumb look on my face, then it went to pot Shocked I have never been suspended from Google checkout, Merchant ID is in tact and everything, all in good standing...so what gives? I even took it a step further and tested it to make sure it was working and yup it is.

My Google checkout was never disabled. My Google ad sense account was disabled due to inactivity. This ad sense account never worked w/ecrater. I've had it, signed up for it, never did make any kind of money, the ads never showed up.

In my opinion, this is going to happen to a lot of stores that aren't signed up with ad words, and sell on ecraters. It is the only reasonable explanation. I don't hate ecrater, but give me notice, its your your business run it how you see fit.

Bottom line, this is a great blog to start, I don't cry over spill-t milk. I do feel some kinda way, because they could have let me know. This is the only time I really get sales.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3256

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!? I get lost. Are you talking about Froogle, Checkout, or Adsense?

As far I know eCrater isn't making an obligation pay the ads for Froogle. Because eCrater is paying for now (if you aren't paying). So it means they check errors in the feed. They require people to at least follow some rules.

As far I know you can get suspend from Checkout if you buy from yourself. I believe something similar happen with PayPal.

As far I know you can get suspend from Adsense if you click your ads or make offering to people to click the ads. Also after you reach near the $10. Google contact you by e-mail to follow some requirements/confirmations to continue. I'm not sure, but I will not be surprise if Google drop the users that don't follow up the steps.

So, what it is the point of Scroogle? I don't understand this comment related to your situation.

I'm not a fan of any company. Google and Microsoft are both "evil". If somebody believe that Microsoft is the future. It is fine, but remember that is the same company with a monopoly in OS and Office Products. Wink
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Im sorry. Reply with quote

1. Ecrater said my store was suspended because Google has suspended me from Google checkout, not adsense.

2.Ecrater emailed me and told me this today. Nothing to do with me feed or anything - said my acct was suspended because of Google checkout being suspended.

3.Google told me my adsense was deactivated because of no traffic (inactivity) My Google ad sense account has nothing to do with Google check out. Its fine.

4.So why is ecrater telling me my Google checkout is suspended, don't know because its not.

Yup, I agree with you 100% on both companies, I was trying to point out in scroogle ad, that Google is saying they are only interested in paid ads. Truth be told (you are right!) Microsoft is too.

I have been doing ok with the other sites I sell on, I just figures I's lick my wounds, and keep it moving. This saying comes in so handy, never put all your eggs in one basket!
I am so glad I learned my lesson, I just wish I would have been warned.







elpereles wrote:
What!? I get lost. Are you talking about Froogle, Checkout, or Adsense?

As far I know eCrater isn't making an obligation pay the ads for Froogle. Because eCrater is paying for now (if you aren't paying). So it means they check errors in the feed. They require people to at least follow some rules.

As far I know you can get suspend from Checkout if you buy from yourself. I believe something similar happen with PayPal.

As far I know you can get suspend from Adsense if you click your ads or make offering to people to click the ads. Also after you reach near the $10. Google contact you by e-mail to follow some requirements/confirmations to continue. I'm not sure, but I will not be surprise if Google drop the users that don't follow up the steps.

So, what it is the point of Scroogle? I don't understand this comment related to your situation.

I'm not a fan of any company. Google and Microsoft are both "evil". If somebody believe that Microsoft is the future. It is fine, but remember that is the same company with a monopoly in OS and Office Products. Wink
Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6603

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Im sorry. Reply with quote

sosheek wrote:
4.So why is ecrater telling me my Google checkout is suspended, don't know because its not.

Why don't you go to your GCO page, where it shows your account is active. Take a screen capture and send that to the eCrater team. Also, double-check that the GCO account information you have entered on eCrater really matches your account. It is possible that some other account is suspended, and you are pointing to it by accident.

On your eCrater admin page, click on the 'Payment Options' in the left side-bar, the items you need to check are 'Merchant ID' and 'Merchant Key'. They must match to your GCO account.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Im sorry. Reply with quote

Thanks much, I will do that!

cosmicray wrote:
sosheek wrote:
4.So why is ecrater telling me my Google checkout is suspended, don't know because its not.

Why don't you go to your GCO page, where it shows your account is active. Take a screen capture and send that to the eCrater team. Also, double-check that the GCO account information you have entered on eCrater really matches your account. It is possible that some other account is suspended, and you are pointing to it by accident.

On your eCrater admin page, click on the 'Payment Options' in the left side-bar, the items you need to check are 'Merchant ID' and 'Merchant Key'. They must match to your GCO account.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3256

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I get it. I was confuse with the Scroogle thing and the other Google stuff. Laughing

Now that I finally understand it. You are the 1rst seller I read that was suspended because Google Checkout has a problem. I agree, contact eCrater with any proof.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way



Posts: 3116

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't make sense, because you don't have to even have google wallett turned on to sell things. or paypal.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: I know right! Reply with quote

I am totally totally baffled. I sent them proof, now let's see what happens.
This is crappy because its during the holiday season.
I really appreciate all your input and will keep you all posted.
I think someone dropped the ball and now its time to clean it up, hopefully!

A-Better-Way wrote:
don't make sense, because you don't have to even have google wallett turned on to sell things. or paypal.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sosheek



Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Here is the email they sent me, see proof Reply with quote

I was starting to think I was nuts!


Dear Tanika,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your eCRATER store.

Your store is currently suspended. eCRATER will only review your store for
reinstatement once your Google Checkout account is reinstated. If your
Google Checkout account has been reinstated, please forward correspondence
from Google to verify this.

Sincerely,
Sandy
The eCRATER Team

See....something is so wrong with this picture.

You guys are the coolest. I was starting to think I was nuts! Rolling Eyes
Whatever happens will happen but I wish you all mega sales and a great holiday season! Very Happy

This is just pushing my lazy butt to start my own website or two. It will make me feel better knowing when I wake in the morning it will still be there.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AudioGasoline



Posts: 1015

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take PayPal, and Google Checkout won't cooperate, maybe you could just remove GCO from your Ecrater account. Ecrater won't force you to accept GCO, but if you do, it makes sense that they would require the account to be active or current.

I would follow CosmicRay's advice and send one or more screen shots to Ecrater that prove your Wallet account is in good standing. One great thing about selling here is that they have real people to answer our emails and fix problems like this, instead of bots and cost/benefit algorithms. Easier to fix a snag with real thinkers on the other end.

And please don't get discouraged, this doesn't sound like Ecrater's fault - it sounds like they're just operating on information coming from Google.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum