eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello to everyone. Reopening my store :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bebeautiful

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Hello to everyone. Reopening my store :) Reply with quote

Hi there. I have just started to upload my items here again after getting sick of Ebay. I hope Ecrater is a better place to sell. Wish me luck Smile
http://bebeautiful.ecrater.co.uk/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and good luck.

Just a bit of advice about your listings. All the stuff about shipping, payment and addresses should go on your terms page, not be in your descriptions. That is considered boilerplate and will work against you in searches.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!
anndabreau

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
bebeautiful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome and good luck.

Just a bit of advice about your listings. All the stuff about shipping, payment and addresses should go on your terms page, not be in your descriptions. That is considered boilerplate and will work against you in searches.

Thank you for the advice, but I believe that it is easier for the buyer to see all the details at one place. If I were to buy something I wouldn't want to go to see terms and conditions and then to go back to the listing. And what happens if you forget to see the terms and directly buy something that you wouldn't have bought if you have read the terms Smile
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, well not sure if that will be a good thing.

I see your point, but if you think about it, when you walk into a grocery store, or jewelry store you pretty much know the ropes about returns, etc etc for the whole store.

Now they ain't going to post little tags all over the place on each item at any given store you goto.

But another problem is, when people search or how the search engines work.

The words like "shipping" or "returns" will make your listings too much the same, same words, and google will put them in the "see omitted search results" at the end of the one whole search.
I don't think i would do that because of the sheer fact ecrater already has a space for that stuff, and they say to not put it in listings.

THEN if you did have it go wrong, you will have to edit every listing.

I don't know, just food for thought.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there are rules to having a store here,

4.4 Content requirements

- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product. Texts related to shipping or store policies must not be included.

You can do what you want, but you do run the risk of being suspended.

On another note talking about winning bids might confuse customer.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bebeautiful wrote:

Thank you for the advice, but I believe that it is easier for the buyer to see all the details at one place. If I were to buy something I wouldn't want to go to see terms and conditions and then to go back to the listing. And what happens if you forget to see the terms and directly buy something that you wouldn't have bought if you have read the terms Smile

It's not an option. Please read the terms that you agreed to when you registered.
bebeautiful

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advices. I didn't realize it is forbidden. I'm going to revise all my listings. I guess that this forum is really helpful. Thank you again.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin had some info about shipping charges being combined for multiple purchases at the bottom of the listings. I just left it alone because I didn't know it was against the rules, I just thought that Google frowned upon it based on what I had heard previously. I've got my global editor set up to remove that info so, it should be gone here in the next few hours. Don't want to get in trouble over it.

I guess people place that info there because they know that some people either don't know that ecrater has different merchants like they think ecrater is all one big store or they just don't bother to read into the fact that each merchant has his/her own seperate policy. It makes sense why someone would put that info in there but like I said, I just set my global editor to remove it so it should be gone here shortly.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bebeautiful wrote:
Thank you for your advices. I didn't realize it is forbidden. I'm going to revise all my listings. I guess that this forum is really helpful. Thank you again.

I really encourage you to read the terms of this site
www.ecrater.com click on terms on bottom right corner of the page
bebeautiful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it and guess what? I've had my first sale in many months Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: