eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am back to try it again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: I am back to try it again Reply with quote

I was on Ecrater a couple of years ago, and I am now back to give it another try. I literally have thousands of antique and collectible "smalls" in which to sell. I was only mildly successful my last go round on here. Let's just hope the experience I have gained since that time will help me be even more successful this time.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck this time.

Just curious if you are going to offer free shipping on furniture.
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to. I will add it in to the price of the item. When I sold furniture on eBay, that was the method that worked best for me.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back

Your terms state no returns, sold as is.
I know the site don't allow boiler plates
BUT I think you need to add some type of sentence, short and sweet, to say sold as is no returns.
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you suggesting that I add no returns to every item listed? I have read a ton of threads that tell sellers NOT to include anything BUT description. What the heck is a "boilerplate"? Why would I be violating this?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here.
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bearcreek
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allgoodantiques wrote:
Are you suggesting that I add no returns to every item listed? I have read a ton of threads that tell sellers NOT to include anything BUT description. What the heck is a "boilerplate"? Why would I be violating this?

A boiler plate would be general info about you or your store that is added to the listing title or description, such as shipping details, return policy, other places you sell etc. Free shipping is a no-no in the title. You choose free shipping when you make your listing and it will appear as FS on your page but you cannot mention it in your listing. You can give details such as these on your terms page.
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why am I having a Mod tell me to put no returns in my details area of each listing? Is he telling me to break the rules? I looked at his store. He seems to have a rather complex return policy, but it is only mentioned on his terms page not in each listing like he is telling me I should do. So what is the right thing to do here?
hocadobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for your renewed interest here. Be sure to check you PM. Happy selling! Much success!
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Big Tall can tell you why she said that.

I looked at a couple of descriptions and your terms and FAQs.

You say on your home page and terms that items may show signs of wear. It is important that you detail the wear or defects in the descriptions. I mean if I were to buy your Imperial glass bowl and it has a tiny chip out of the rim I'd be truly p!ssed and want to return it unless you had mentioned it in the description.

Everything I saw in your store was very fragile and you are leaving it up to the buyer to read your FAQs to know that they must request insurance and pay extra for it. That is asking for trouble. You are legally responsible for getting the item to the buyer in its sold condition therefore you could be out of pocket for reimbursing for broken glass. PayPal will side with the buyer and ding you if you don't voluntarily reimburse.

Your best bet is to include insurance on breakables in the price. I don't sell all that many breakables but even with very secure shipping a percentage of items arrive broken.
allgoodantiques

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:

Your best bet is to include insurance on breakables in the price. I don't sell all that many breakables but even with very secure shipping a percentage of items arrive broken.

I could do that. As for the descriptions not mentioning wear and tear, the Imperial bowl is in amazing condition. If you notice in the description of one of the cup & saucer sets I mention light crazing. I am not trying to deceive, but the ecrater rules make it very hard for a seller to be straight up with a buyer by limiting what I can put in a description. Which means all of us here have to hope like hell folks read everything before they buy.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only looked at a couple of your listings. Giving a complete description of all issues if any and stating condition is not boiler plate and is expected of a good seller.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allgoodantiques wrote:
So why am I having a Mod tell me to put no returns in my details area of each listing? Is he telling me to break the rules? I looked at his store. He seems to have a rather complex return policy, but it is only mentioned on his terms page not in each listing like he is telling me I should do. So what is the right thing to do here?

Things like item condition, signs of wear, everything having to do with the product should be in the description and is within Ecrater rules

If you stated this item is sold as is with no return in your description In MY personal opinion that is a very important part of describing the product

As for my mod status ... That refers to the forum, not the site. I am a volunteer forum mod and a seller on the site just like everyone else in the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: