eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another Ebay Store Owner on board plus 1 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainmanorgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Another Ebay Store Owner on board plus 1 question Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself! Yep I too am closing my Ebay store due to the recent changes. I'm currently building my ecrater store (not finished yet) and have a question about the thumbnail images. For some reason my pics don't shrink to thumbnails. Do I need to make the images smaller for this to happen?

Good luck to everyone! I know ecrater is much different than ebay in terms of traffic but with some dedication and self promotion we can make it happen. I used to have my own website and closed it down when I went to Ebay ... mistake ... as I really do miss having a regular website. Froogle is very good and I received most of my website sales from Froogle. I'm very optimistic and if we all stick together and help each other we can overcome the Ebay delimna (sp?).

Ooohhh I was very glad to see ecrater offer Google Checkout!!! Signed up immediately ... I guess it's my shot on Ebay for banning it LOL! Plus their fees are much more reasonable than my own merchant account!

I look forward to getting to know everyone and be apart of the Ecrater community!

Carla

http://mountainmanorgifts.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ryoohki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean? The items look like they have thumbnails to me
mountainmanorgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ryoohki

Yes they do have thumbnails but the actual pic in the thumbnail does not shrink correctly. It looks too large for the thumbnail and cuts off a portion of the actual picture.

BTW, thanks for responding!

Carla
sunflowerbumpkinsdesignsh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome!!! I'm also from ebay.... on my new adventure. Good luck!!!

Charlene
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Carla. The thumbnails actually shrink the way they're supposed to. It's jut that they shrink to square dimensions. So if your original image isn't cropped as a square it'll cut a bit off. It just helps keep that uniform look to the site..
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you don't mine some suggestions -

Fill out the terms page and some FAQ

The home page featured category image and the thumbnail size is square as poopsheet said. 78 X 78 So if you use a square image it shrinks nicely. I personally don't concern myself with the thumbnails but the featured category images you do want to look as nice as you can.

OK, I got to ask this .... does anyone ever buy 8-tracks? I know I have an 8-track player - hhhmmm or did I trash it finally- but I don't know anyone else that does,lol.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some serious 8-track collectors out there! I only wish I knew what the good stuff is whenever I happen across them at thrift stores or wherever..
mountainmanorgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Big and poopsheet!

Big, funny you mentioned the FAQ I just finished that today! I'm always up for some good criticism ... like another member said 2 eyes are better than 1 Smile Keep it coming if you see something else I may need to improve/adjust!

Thanks to both of you for your info on the thumbnails ... I will work with my pics to see if I can get a better thumbnail images.

Big ... lol .... yes there is money in 8 Tracks ... who would figure it huh! Being an ORIGINAL hippy I couldn't resist delving into the 8 Track biz. There are many collectors and if you get the right 8 Tracks collectors will shell out the money to add to their collections. I've made a good GP on the 8 Tracks I sell. Shooot I also gave a good idea about how old I am LOL!

Poopsheet, PM me I'll give you a heads up on what to look for in 8 Tracks. There's plenty of room in the market for other sellers Wink

Thank you both for your help and info! I truly appreciate it!

Carla

http://mountainmanorgifts.com
mountainmanorgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big I forgot to mention ... if you still have your 8 Track Player consider selling it .... you'd be surprised what you can get for it! They are in as much of a demand as the 8 tracks themselves! Smile

Carla

http://mountainmanorgifts.com
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Carla!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: