eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Costs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidzstuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Shipping Costs Reply with quote

Greetings to all Very Happy

I am new here and am attempting to set up my store. I am a little confused about how to set up shipping.

Am I right in assuming that I can only set up either flat rate or one other form of shipping? Do I need to insert each and every price into the matrix, so it would be say either parcel post or priority, but I would be unable to offer a choice of methods. Is that correct?

Do they insert any of the costs?? So if I have a buyer for a widget in California it would be at the same cost as a buyer for a widget in Georgia (I am in Florida). Is there anyway I can really give customers a fair shipping price.

I have always used calculate shipping over at the beast as I do not believe it is fair for some customers to subsidize shipping for others. Sort of like US sellers paying for Chinese sellers at the beast.....

Thank you in advance for any assitance you may provide.

Lisa
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either flat-rate or weight-based but the method you choose is between you and your shipper (unless you state it in the listings, of course).

However, if you're shipping USPS I think there probably should be very little to no difference within the US.

Check with http://postcalc.usps.gov/ to see if there's any noticeable difference for different areas around the country. I just checked 9 ounces from Texas to Washington and Texas to the next city over and both came up the same...
thegiftfairies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

USPS rates are the same up to 1 pound no matter where in the country. Of course, flat rate is also the same.

2 pounds isn't too different, but as soon as you hit 3 pounds the price differs between the East and West Coast. A 3 pound Priority package send from NC to NY is 6 bucks and change. From NC to CA it's $9.00. That's a pretty substantial difference.

I've posted elsewhere about the Shipping Matrix. I can't figure the thing out!

Blessings!
Suzanne Smile

www.thegiftfairies@ecrater.com
Kidzstuff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Shipping Confusion Reply with quote

I hate to say this, but I am glad I am not the only one confused Embarassed with the shipping matrix. I guess I will offer fixed shipping on everything. I do combine shipping, so a not to that effect in each listing..... Rolling Eyes
ABoxfulofBeauty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: shipping matrix Reply with quote

HI all...

I agree...the matrix is confusing. Is something in the works for a shipping calculator? I remember starting at greedbay many years ago, when we would list, then wait for someone to buy, then tell them how much it cost to ship, after a visit to the PO. The matrix IS better than that, at least!

Laughing amber
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've posted elsewhere about the Shipping Matrix. I can't figure the thing out!

This question was discussed in another thread. There are several suggestions on how to work with the matrix.

Go here:

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=481

Hope this helps,

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: