eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My store of 15300+ items is suspended?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I left eBay I contemplated renting a storage unit for the "stuff" that was turning my home into a warehouse. There was a really nice facility less than 2 blocks away. I had this funny feeling however that it would be an out of sight, out of mind situation and I would keep buying to fill the space I had cleared in my home by moving the "stuff" to storage. Nature abhors a vacuum is an old saying and I really believe it. Add to that the expense of about $150 a month. I still live in a warehouse.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still live in a warehouse.

So do I, but at least I can access things in this house. When I first started selling I couldn't get into my closet for years, we had half our kitchen table with boxes on it. etc.. Literally the only room in the house without boxes of stuff was the bathroom. We moved to a bigger house and now the downstairs bathroom shower stall (large due to being handicap accessible) is full of packing supplies, office, living room, entry way have many boxes of patterns stacked all over the place. I have to be so organized so as not to lose stuff!
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a tiny bit of interest in the reality of storage units, I suggest to visit a forum on storage units. I found this one:

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php

They share the treasures, the junk and the downright hard work that goes into buying, selling and cleaning out storage units.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of topic. Do you remember about the sellers with badge of moderators? For my surprise I found that comicscardsandmore is one of them.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/16937186/45-packs-1992-elvis-presley-cards-series-1-12

So no even these moderators are cover by eCrater.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Outside of topic. Do you remember about the sellers with badge of moderators? For my surprise I found that comicscardsandmore is one of them.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/16937186/45-packs-1992-elvis-presley-cards-series-1-12

So no even these moderators are cover by eCrater.

That's what I meant the other day when I said I have found quite a few of these moderators that don't follow the rules or they have horrible feedback which in this case, since they got suspended, would be not following the rules. It's a shame that they still get to keep their "shop in confidence because I'm a moderator" badges. Just because someone is a moderator does not mean they do business better than everyone else. There are several sellers on this forum that deserve to have a "shop in confidence" badge, but do not have one just because they are not a moderator.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these sellers moderating? Last time I looked, our forum moderator BigTall doesn't have one of those fancy badges, and there's nothing wrong with his numbers. This whole badge thing is a little odd...
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking he has a "M". You can only see the little badge if you go to the eCrater index and search for the stuff.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/4538130/golfer-crew-neck-pull-over-sweater?keywords=New+Golfer+Crew+Neck+Pull+Over+Sweater+4XB+4X+4XL+Big+Tall+Mens+Clothing+811191
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I was checking he has a "M". You can only see the little badge if you go to the eCrater index and search for the stuff.

Big n' tall is a female, not a male.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
elpereles wrote:

Oops, my mistake... Sorry BT Embarassed

I see the badge now, but only on generic listings pages with Ecrater banners. But not on the pages within the store.

http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/p/4538130/golfer-crew-neck-pull-over-sweater?keywords=New+Golfer+Crew+Neck+Pull+Over+Sweater+4XB+4X+4XL+Big+Tall+Mens+Clothing+811191

I suppose this whole Mod-badge, featured seller, featured item business is no skin off my neck, but the whole thing is so hush-hush it makes me suspicious of what's going on beneath the surface. It just gives everything a Good Ol' Boys Club type of feel, which isn't too flattering IMO. But so be it.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sorry.

About the badge for now I don't care or have any conspiracy theories. As far I know some people are supporting the site. And I remember some months ago in the forum eCrater searching for new supporting crew. So the search wasn't a secret.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My moderator status goes back years. There were a handful of us to begin with. I do not know now. Mine is on my Lives and Loves store. It doesn't carry over onto secondary stores. There is nothing secretive about it. We were just a group of established sellers who kept our eyes open for problems.
comicscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, have been a moderator for years. Ecrater has a small staff and they needed people to keep a lookout for things that broke the rules, scams, etc. I volunteer my time. The tiny 'M' badge does not make me perfect nor do I pretend that it does. If a 'moderator' makes an error, they get treated just like anyone else. It's not like cops who get special treatment from other cops simply because they have the same occupation.
It seems that some people are inferring that if a 'moderator' makes an error, they should be stripped of their 'title'. I have run my own business for over 30 years, 20 of them with 3 brick & mortar stores. I have made many errors in that time and I freely admit to it. However, I do have perfect feedback here and on eBay. Between the stores I have here on Ecrater, I currently have listed over 16,000 items. I have probably informed well over 500 people (in person) of Ecrater's existence. I have probably made over 5000 - 10,000 sales here at Ecrater (very few buyers leave feedback and I never ask for it). I am a responsible, ethical seller.

If you desperately want that 'M' badge, contact Ecrater and see if they need your time.

Then maybe you can feel special too.

Aaron
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can be a featured seller, all you have to do is contact ecrater and ask them about it. There is a fee and I have no idea what that is. But anybody can do it.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is now off topic.

Locked.

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: