eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Second eCrater Store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarajane

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Second eCrater Store Reply with quote

My eCrater store sarajane is for my handcrafted jewelry only. I also have lots of Native American crafted jewelry that I bought for resell. I'd like to setup a second store for these items NOT handcrafted by me. Will a second store be totally unrelated to my current store? Do I register the second store like I'm joining eCrater for the first time or do I add the new store front to my existing account?
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Second eCrater Store Reply with quote

sarajane wrote:
My eCrater store sarajane is for my handcrafted jewelry only. I also have lots of Native American crafted jewelry that I bought for resell. I'd like to setup a second store for these items NOT handcrafted by me. Will a second store be totally unrelated to my current store? Do I register the second store like I'm joining eCrater for the first time or do I add the new store front to my existing account?
Thanks

A second eCrater store will be Independent from the first or any subsequent store you open.
You must sign up for one just like you did the first one, however you must use a different email address than the one you used to sign up with for the first store. And you must go through all the same steps to set up the store.
The only thing in common they can have is the payment option information, however buyer canot combine purchases from both your stores into one shopping cart.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind if you use the same PayPal account for both (which you can do) PAYAPL will use your primary account information which will be the same for BOTH of your stores - that would make them related.
Also keep in mind that it is against PayPal rules to have more then one business account. SO using PayPal makes it impossible to to keep the stores totally unrelated.
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can have the APPEARANCE of totally unrelated stores, and still maintain a common payment processor.

FYI, for each email address you use to open separate stores, they can each be registered to your primary PayPal account to accept payments. Our PayPal account can accept payment from four different email addresses.

StoryBook

~ I play in the mud EVERY DAY ~
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storybook-ceramics wrote:
So you can have the APPEARANCE of totally unrelated stores, and still maintain a common payment processor.

FYI, for each email address you use to open separate stores, they can each be registered to your primary PayPal account to accept payments. Our PayPal account can accept payment from four different email addresses.

StoryBook

~ I play in the mud EVERY DAY ~

It's NOT totally a different APPEARANCE. For example, if you print the PP packing slip that will have your primary info. Also on their cc statement and paypal account it will show payment to your primary info. That to me kills the whole reason for using a difference payment email in the first place.
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's NOT totally a different APPEARANCE. For example, if you print the PP packing slip that will have your primary info. Also on their cc statement and paypal account it will show payment to your primary info. That to me kills the whole reason for using a difference payment email in the first place.

Yes, you're exactly right, but to the casual shopper, the appearance is what counts. (if that's what the seller is trying to achieve)

Some sellers like to keep separate appearances in their stores for marketing concerns. To the casual buyer, they might have some hesitation to purchase from someone that sells children's books and adult videos using the same payment email. The cc statement issue is WAY post-sale, and not to many buyers would notice it even then.

Just my observations...

StoryBook
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The cc statement issue is WAY post-sale, and not to many buyers would notice it even then.

YES, that's true BUT it will show right there on their PP account immediately.

Quote:
someone that sells children's books and adult videos using the same payment email

Yeah, something wrong with that picture!
Hope they use a generic name like BK Ventures or something!
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
YES, that's true BUT it will show right there on their PP account immediately.

True again.

But what are the chances of purchasing from the same seller back to back like that? And would it really matter? If you're selling conservative clothing on one account, and hip beaded jewelry on another account, you may just not want the connection "up in your face".

Smile

StoryBook
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But what are the chances of purchasing from the same seller back to back like that? And would it really matter? If you're selling conservative clothing on one account, and hip beaded jewelry on another account, you may just not want the connection "up in your face".

True and for all my clothing - don't matter what store, I just use the same account.

I just wanted to point out to sarajane that it really depends how UNRELATED she wanted the stores to be. To me the word TOTALLY meant absolutely untied to each other.
Like if she wanted to sell items under one name at extremely low prices as wholesale and didn't want buyers to realize that she sells them online and would be their competitor PayPal is NOT the way to go because it would be related via that primary account info that PP likes to share with every email used.
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like if she wanted to sell items under one name at extremely low prices as wholesale and didn't want buyers to realize that she sells them online and would be their competitor PayPal is NOT the way to go because it would be related via that primary account info that PP likes to share with every email used.

Yup, that scenario would do it. I certainly wouldn't want my retail customers lynching me when they found my wholesale site...Smile

BTW...
We give a "Boutique" discount for quantity purchases, just because it's good business. I would never sell true wholesale, thus creating my own competition. Shocked
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: