eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Items not showing up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeRaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Items not showing up. Reply with quote

Hi, I believe my store (http://animeraro.ecrater.com/) is suspended. Please advise on how to fix this. Thank you.

- Animeraro
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to communicate with the eCrater team. I'm going to guess they want you to provide proof you have a legitimate license to sell licensed characters.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
You need to communicate with the eCrater team. I'm going to guess they want you to provide proof you have a legitimate license to sell licensed characters.

I would also agree that that's probably why you've been suspended because I read through your terms, and It doesn't appear that you are doing anything against the rules (at least not anything you said on your terms page).
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact eCrater.

I was looking the "Terms". Check the payment methods because you mention them as a list. My recommendation Credit Cards (Visa, MC, etc) by PayPal or Google Checkout.
AnimeRaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you for your email. Your account is suspended for selling suspected
counterfeit designer or brand name products and/or for trademark/copyright
infringement. It is not allowed to use designer or brand names, designer or
brand names trademarks or images on products or in titles or descriptions of
items that are not authentic as this is trademark infringement and not
allowed. Adding "inspired", "like", "type" , "style" or any other comparison
word to a designer name or brand name is not allowed. This also violates
the Terms of Service as stated here:

3.4 What is not allowed to post?

- Pirated materials and products
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)

If the products are believed to be authentic please send us scanned receipts
from reputable sources for verification.

If permission for the use of the trademarks, images, licensed images or
characters and/or logos has been given, please provide verifiable proof
stating this permission.

Sincerely,
Tracy
The eCRATER Team"

The above is the reply I got.

I'd be nice if they could provide proof. They don't even mention which items are suspected of being bootleg. What's up with that?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to prove your items are authentic. You have them in your possession. How can eCRATER tell if your items are authentic from looking at a photo? If you are importing from Japan you must have the paperwork, contracts, etc.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely if you are importing your goods you should have proof that you are a legitimate reseller of these things which are frequently pirated copies. The important thing also is being sure that your supplier is legitimate as well.

Not having anything to do with your suspension but some stuff I noticed while looking at what I can of your store.

Quote:
Ecrater does not automatically combine shipping.
Well actually it can if you use the matrix for your shipping. I do combined orders a lot and they always come out correctly due to the way the matrix is set up and no need to refund partial payments.

Quote:
We cannot be held responsible for items lost in the mail especially if they were not registered or insured. Shipping charges are non-refundable, once the delivery services have been rendered there are no refunds on shipping charges.
Actually you are responsible for seeing that whatever you ship arrives in the condition stated at the buyer's address. Insurance is for you in case you have to replace something that got lost or damaged in shipping. On line sellers fall under federal mail-order laws, not whatever a seller decides to do.

Quote:
Please feel free to send us a question about anything (Release date, stock status
If you do not have an item in stock, you are not allowed to have it up for sale. Listings that you are out of stock have to be placed on hold until you have a new supply.

Quote:
International customers please contact us for shipping quote.
If you don't have international prices prefigured, and an international buyer buys something where the shipping comes up as free, you are not allowed to ask for more money. Either turn off all international sales, or set up your shipping and handling to charge them correct shipping.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

Quote:
We cannot be held responsible for items lost in the mail especially if they were not registered or insured. Shipping charges are non-refundable, once the delivery services have been rendered there are no refunds on shipping charges.

Actually you are responsible for seeing that whatever you ship arrives in the condition stated at the buyer's address. Insurance is for you in case you have to replace something that got lost or damaged in shipping. On line sellers fall under federal mail-order laws, not whatever a seller decides to do.

I just want to note that you are allowed to add any expected insurance costs into your shipping charge, and this an easy thing to do if you use the Shipping Matrix. But Moon is right about the laws, and several venues will pull your listings for statements like this. More importantly, a Term Of Service like this will not hold-up if a package really doesn't arrive, and you would still be stuck having to reimburse the buyer. The payment processor or credit card company would simply take the money back, and then tell you about it afterward.
AnimeRaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone happens to know Ecrater's phone number?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnimeRaro wrote:

No phone support, email only. Use the Contact link in the lower right corner of the main page.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

They have already told you what you need to do.
Quote:
If the products are believed to be authentic please send us scanned receipts
from reputable sources for verification.

If permission for the use of the trademarks, images, licensed images or
characters and/or logos has been given, please provide verifiable proof
stating this permission.
Scan your receipts and send them the proof they need and if all is okay they should reopen your store. No point calling them until you have done what they ask of you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just want to note that you are allowed to add any expected insurance costs into your shipping charge

Audio, I realize that some sellers charge the insurance to the buyers, but in essense the need for the insurance is to protect the seller not the buyer since whether there is insurance or not we are still required to make things right in the long run. I choose to add insurance when I don't want a hit to my wallet and even if something is expensive and I for some reason have two, will use the second copy as my 'insurance' that I can send out it needed. When a seller comprehends the reason for insurance is to protect themselves it is hard to ethically charge the buyer for it IMHO and obviously not a thought held by all, but lets me sleep at night (more or less Very Happy ).
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know you were just trying to help them realize which party is responsible for the insurance, didn't mean to step on your toes. Just in case the OP was new to the law, I wanted to let them know how the insurance costs can be shared with the buyer if they feel the need for it. Sellers who do this will usually mention it in their terms, to explain what may appear to be inflated shipping charges. Technically, it can also be rolled into the product price if the seller chooses, the same way you can roll in postage for free shipping items. If you have many competitors, though, it might make your items appear over-priced to folks who don't bother to read all the terms.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: