eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcskorner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Links Reply with quote

There are some directories I'd like to list my store in. However, most require a link back to them. I cannot get a link to work in my store. Can you tell me how? Here's one that will not work. This is exactly how I type it in:

<a href="http://www.jewelrylist.com" target="JewelryList">Jewelry List - Diamond Rings, Engagement Rings, Jewelry Online</a><br>Discount gold jewelry, diamond jewelry, diamond earrings, sterling silver jewelry, gemstones, engagement rings, wedding rings and more.<br>

I don't get the link. Only the words when I do it this way.

Cheryl
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mountainmanorgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KC,

At this time you cannot use html in your listings or store. That's what I understand. Maybe just typing the link, i.e. http://linkexchange.com would suffice?

Carla

http://mountainmanorgifts.com
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For directories requesting a reciprocle link, you will need a static or even a dynamic "links page" with it's own URL for that to work which isn't an option here.

There are some directories that will allow you to place a link without a reciprocle link in return but they are difficult to find.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do it get your own domain - GoDaddy has a sale right now only $6.95

Set up an opening page that will take you to your eCrater store. Also on this page you can add keyword content as well as links.

Mine is a work in progress as I will be adding a place for links this weekend along with keyword content Wink

www.Shop-FullMoon.com

This also comes in handy if you move to another site or even your own website. I've had this domain for over a year. I had it pointing to my ebay store. All my customers have this link, I place it anywhere and everywhere.

So now the time comes to leave ebay and all I did was redirect my domain to eCrater instead of ebay. No need to change links for your customers or the search engines and everywhere else I placed it.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: