eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

want my store to show on UK/AUD but don't want autoconvert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlinesunspecs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: want my store to show on UK/AUD but don't want autoconvert Reply with quote

I want my store to show on the UK and Australian ecrater sites so I ticked the enable GBP and AUD currencys in 'Store Options'.
I then set a conversion rate in 'Global Editor' for UK and AUD currency but I didn't calculate it correctly so now if I enter a price on a listing for all three currencys, for example $10 US,
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you left the box blank for "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" in your Store Options. It is located just below the enable GBP and AUD and defaults to blank. You need to add a checkmark to tell the system you want to do your own conversion of prices. With the box checked, you'll need to run the global editor anytime you want to change the conversion rate used in your store.

I think the eCrater system auto converts the shipping price no matter which system the seller uses. I don't personally sell on the UK or AU sites, but I remember this raising questions in the past. Hopefully someone with personally experience on the three sites will be along later to add more info.

Also, your message was cut off after you entered the symbol for GBP. There are a number of things that will cause a message to be dropped in the forum. Quote marks that are curved instead of straight will also cause the same problem.
onlinesunspecs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply, I did check the "do not auto convert" box initially, and the rest of my message that was cut off is..................
for example $10 US, 6 GBP, 9 AUD the system converts it to strange amounts like 6.12 GBP, 9.34 AUD, I just wanted the listings to show whole numbers with no decimal places but I do want my store to be visible on the UK and Australian sites
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for example $10 US, 6 GBP, 9 AUD the system converts it to strange amounts like 6.12 GBP, 9.34 AUD, I just wanted the listings to show whole numbers with no decimal places but I do want my store to be visible on the UK and Australian sites

That will never happen unless you set the prices yourself when listing. When ecrater does it they will multiply the US price by the currency exchange number and you will always get an odd number. It will be a number that is the equivilant of $10US though. If you want even numbers do it yourself when listing, and fill in 6.00 and 9.00. I realize it is an example but you would probably want the AU amount to be the same as the US as they are usually pretty close in value if the AU isn't sometimes ahead of the US dollar.

Of course, this brings us to the question of why is it so important to have even numbers, which are actual leaving you with LESS income from those sites than you are getting from the US site?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: