eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I finally made it here, now I have questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonsport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: I finally made it here, now I have questions Reply with quote

I'm in the process of opening up a store and have some questions I hope someone will answer.

1. How will I know when someone buys one or more of my items? (Notice the optimism) If payment is made through PP I know I'll receive a notice from them, however, what if the person is going to pay with a check or MO?

2. Is it "legal" to advertise my eBay store in my listings?

3. If yes, can I state that anything listed in my eBay store will be discounted 10% if NOT purchased through eBay but rather through email? (I know eBay won't like this...ask me if I care!)

4. How is invoicing handled and how will I know to send one? (This is a twist on #1)

I'll probably have more questions as I get further into this and apologize for my ignorance in matters of eCrater. I'm a quick study and will pay it forward.

M
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
relaxedatrachels

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone buys something from you, you will get an email saying so. I'm fairly new (since March) and have only been playing with my store, so I can't answer any of your other questions.

Rachel
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. How will I know when someone buys one or more of my items? (Notice the optimism) If payment is made through PP I know I'll receive a notice from them, however, what if the person is going to pay with a check or MO?

With each order you will received an email from noreply@ecrater.com. ALSO, once you log in to www.ecrater.com there is a menu on the left - under the More Options section click on Orders - that will also show you your orders.

Quote:

NO!!! You can put a link to your me page and on your me page you can put a link to your ecrater store home page.

Quote:
3. If yes, can I state that anything listed in my eBay store will be discounted 10% if NOT purchased through eBay but rather through email? (I know eBay won't like this...ask me if I care!)

NO NO NO you can not do that. Great idea though!

Quote:
4. How is invoicing handled and how will I know to send one? (This is a twist on #1)

When they place the order and click on the payment they plan to make that is basically their invoice. The only time I invoice them is if they don't immediately pay via PayPal. If they selected PayPal as the payment option but still didn't make the payment I then go to PayPal and clcik request money and then click on invoicing and sent them one.
If they clicked money order as a payment option, I email them an invoice complete with make payment to and the address.

Best of luck!
nonsport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rachel! I'll be watching my mail...if I ever get enough stuffs listed to open my store Wink

Quote:
Quote:

Drats! Wish I could though. I have over 2,000 items in my store that's going to take me forever to move here. I'd much rather give my customers the difference between the price listed and eBay's cut.

I guess I'll just have to send 10% off coupons with my orders as well as a sig line in all correspondence.

Quote:
If they clicked money order as a payment option, I email them an invoice complete with make payment to and the address.

Hmmm...Reminds me of eBay when I first started there. No invoicing system and typed invoices looked like heck 'cuz spacing and tabs never worked the same an all email clients. I wonder if an invoicing system is in future plans here.

I just thought of another question...first an explanation of what I'm doing:

I ship worldwide, checked off ALL the countries but don't have the time or patience to list all the shipping charges for each, not to mention most of my items are ounces not pounds. So, I put a note in my terms and in my ads asking buyers to contact me for international rates.

My question: I have a detailed html shipping chart which I use for eBay. Can I upload it as a jpg on my hosting site and link to it in my listings here? I've seen some stores here with links to eBay stores and web sites but I don't want to break any rules by following others' lead without being sure (not yet anyway, I'm too new LOL)

Thank you both for your help, it's much appreciated!

M
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I upload it as a jpg on my hosting site and link to it in my listings here?

NOPE, because a link requires HTML coding and for now you can't but HTML in your listings.

I do like you said - I have in each ad something about international buyers must email me for shipping. Except Canada because they shipping will ship in the listing, no other country does.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've seen some stores here with links to eBay stores and web sites but I don't want to break any rules by following others' lead without being sure (not yet anyway, I'm too new LOL)

You can have a URL but there is no way to link. So if you wanted to put in your description something like iNTERNATIONAL BUYERS PLEASE LOOK AT WWW.nonsport.com/INTERNATIONALSHIPPING for your shipping charges that would work...BUT the shipping charges won't show in their order so you would still have to invoice them.

BTW, PayPal has an invoicing feature. I just use that. iF THEY ARE PAYING VIA MONEY ORDER I just do it in excel and copy it into the email.

sorry for the caps and any typos I am out of town and rarely use this laptop. it's so different, lol.
nonsport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again BTMC!

About the html, do you think it will ever be available? Not that I want to start using html in my ads. I like it that all ads look the same and will load fast for everyone even on dial-up. Not to mention I've always felt it more important to sell my stuffs than display my creativity Wink

The ability to add links would be nice though.
Quote:
sorry for the caps and any typos I am out of town and rarely use this laptop. it's so different

I know where you're coming from. We display at shows across the country and are away at least 2 weekends a month. Even though I use my laptop a lot, I can't get used to the keyboard and after reading what I've written, it's amazing anyone knows what I'm talking about (LOL)

M
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

NO!!! You can put a link to your me page and on your me page you can put a link to your ecrater store home page.

Quote:

BigTall, are you answering these questions with eBay or eCrater in mind? Clearly eBay wouldn't like those things but why would eCrater care?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, okay, maybe eCrater would care in the sense that it is leading customers to another venue. But in the case of question #3 the point is to keep people at eCrater. Hmm...
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Well, okay, maybe eCrater would care in the sense that it is leading customers to another venue. But in the case of question #3 the point is to keep people at eCrater. Hmm...

The way I read the question I beleive he asked if he could put in his ebay store listings that he will discount 10% if they buy at ecrater instead of ebay. That is not ebay legal.
If I read it wrong and he meant if he could but it in his ecrater ads- then the answer is yes, but why would you want to do that and pay ebay fees?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I read it wrong and he meant if he could but it in his ecrater ads- then the answer is yes, but why would you want to do that and pay ebay fees?

I think the idea is to get people to buy the goods NOT on eBay but on eCrater instead -- that's how they get the discount.

Actually, I just looked again and it says "through email"... But not at eBay anyway..
nonsport

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The way I read the question I beleive he asked if he could put in his ebay store listings that he will discount 10% if they buy at ecrater instead of ebay. That is not ebay legal.

BT, I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
She Laughing meant that I wanted to add my eBay store link to eCrater ads (and email) that I would discount anything in my store if ordered through eCrater or eMail.

That way, I save my eBay fees by selling it off eBay and pass the savings on to my buyers. I have over 2,000 items listed in my eBay store and until I can get them all transferred here, I want my eCrater customers to know about them.

So, I take it I can do that?

M
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO you can not put in your ebay store listings that you will discount 10% if they buy at ecrater instead of ebay. That is not ebay legal.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
NO you can not put in your ebay store listings that you will discount 10% if they buy at ecrater instead of ebay. That is not ebay legal.

BT - I think you need a good rest. Being on the road is well . . .

~LOL~

I'm pretty sure she wants to let people know they can shop her ebay store but to email her the order to save on money.

Not to put this info on ebay but to put it here on eCrater.

Why do this?

Like she said she has alot of stuff to move and if you can sell some of it off then there is less to move.

Did I get that right nonsport?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wanted to add my eBay store link to eCrater ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: