eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

1 products are disapproved from Google
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: 1 products are disapproved from Google Reply with quote

I have been seeing this over and over the past few days:
"1 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product Search. You are losing traffic! Please add all required attributes and make sure your products are fully compliant with Google's policies. (click here)"
Sends me to my product in list.
It's this on the site:
http://retrodecostyle.ecrater.com/p/15534047/remote-control-caribbean-pirate-ship-18?keywords=queen
This doesn't even have the exclamation point next to it in products. It has the brand, mpn, product_type.
Switched this and that, but STILL 1 products are disapproved from Google.
WHAT IS WRONG?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That warning will stay there until they resubmit the feed to Google. Might be a few weeks.
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: I see Reply with quote

Okay, that sounds good.
Not sure exactly what was wrong in the first place.
I did realize I had duplicated my text in the item description by accident. Otherwise, there wasn't even an exclamation point. Weird.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it could be the choice of colors that makes it disapproved. I don't know, I don't list things that way.

I had one disapproved once because I used the word "fake" in the description (to describe fake fur). There were no exclamations points for that one either. I had to guess... finally I took out the word "fake" and put in "faux" and a few weeks later it was gone.

I just know if you make changes to fix things, the warning stays there until they resubmit the feed.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my items were at one time approved by Google as I had worked for weeks with admin trying to get them corrected (I'm all vintage). Then my attributes vanished and I don't know why because they still don't have MSRPs etc nor will they ever.

So I don't worry about it. I'm still selling the stuff, attributes or not. I continue to add them to new listings but it doesn't help any.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is so hard to figure out when they disapprove something. I've had things disapproved for the silliest things. They have bots that read the descriptions and we all know that bots can't think, so they just delete whatever is plugged into them. I had one product that kept being disapproved. It was a wolf plaque with some resin. I kept changing all kinds of things, and when I deleted the word resin, it got approved again. I don't know why. There are all kinds of products with the word resin in them listed on Google.

Another one was a Precious Moments membership piece. I never did find out what was the problem there. I think maybe the word "membership", but that was a necessary word, So I listed it on another site.

I'm thinking it is either your wording about certain color choices having limited availability, they don't want you to sell things that are not available, or it could be the words, "moveable canon". The bot might see that as a weapon, LOL.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know the USPS flags packages that say "resin" as the materials? Apparently "fragile resin" means drugs. Who knew??
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly do learn a lot of useless info thanks to listing things online. Laughing
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't useless when they confiscated the package! Try explaining that to a buyer. I'm sorry sir, Bill took your toy and won't give it back. There was a show on Fox last night that reminded me of this. Pretty funny actually...in hindsight.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! Was it the manufacturer's packaging that had that printed on it? You're right! Who knew.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even bother with attributes, and I still get sales. My aunt used to fill them in so alot of the products in my store still have the attributes but, the newly listed items do not. I haven't noticed any difference in sales and alot of my products still show up in google shopping, even though they have no attributes and with the recent google changes so, attributes are not necessary and are a waste of time unless you are paying for placement in shopping. Just my opinion but, I still don't know why so many new sellers worry so much about those daggon attributes.
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: This is still showing! Reply with quote

So, I don't know if I noticed this the day after the submit last month...but it's been about a month.

So....I got so sick of the notice every time I logged in that I deleted the item a few days ago. It was pending delete....
Now that item has been deleted and
There is still a notice! and that notice to "click here" leads no where, now.

Is this an eCrater glitch, at this point?

Because the rest of my items are google attributes approved, and they do not show up on Google Shopping.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could take a little while for eCrater and Google to recycle it all out. Wait a week or so, and see if it disappears.
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: okay Reply with quote

thanks... Smile Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before...

bearcreekcreations wrote:
I don't even bother with attributes, and I still get sales. My aunt used to fill them in so alot of the products in my store still have the attributes but, the newly listed items do not. I haven't noticed any difference in sales and alot of my products still show up in google shopping, even though they have no attributes and with the recent google changes so, attributes are not necessary and are a waste of time unless you are paying for placement in shopping. Just my opinion but, I still don't know why so many new sellers worry so much about those daggon attributes.

So why are you even still bothering with attributes and taking all that extra time filling them out even though they aren't even necessary. It's your store, not mine. Just saying, you could be spending that extra time listing new items or advertising your store instead.

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: