eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suspended and reinstated in the same day!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Suspended and reinstated in the same day! Reply with quote

To anyone who posts here about their store suspension BEFORE contacting the eCrater folks, please do yourself a favor and contact them first. If the issue that got your store suspended is a minor problem or just an honest misunderstanding, they really are terrific to work with. Here's the link for the contact form: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

I just opened my store not even 2 weeks ago and already I've had a suspension. (Many thanks to AmericanEdge for the heads-up on my store being suspended)

Being new to online selling, I wanted to make sure I did things right. I spent weeks reading posts on these forums until my eyes burned. I read the eCrater terms over and over again and might actually be able to recite them from memory at this point.

Everything was going well until yesterday when all my products disappeared.

I just added a new item Sunday night and by Monday morning, everything was gone. I went into panic mode. From all my research on these forums I knew my store was suspended but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. I spent several hours reading posts in this forum, pouring over the eCrater terms again and going over every single thing in my store but still had no clue.

So I contacted eCrater to find out why my store was suspended. From the time I first contacted eCrater, found out what the problem was, explained what happened, and got my store reinstated was probably no more than 6 or 7 hours. Impressive response!

Thanks eCrater. And thanks to all of you who post so much useful information on these forums.

http://nirvanacreations.ecrater.com/
Nirvana Creations
Affordable Custom Jewelry
Handmade Knits and Crafts
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. Nice to know your problem was resolve.

If every suspended seller take their time to read the eCrater Terms, the forum, and contact eCrater Team they will pass less headache. Wink
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome elpereles.

I've been a scientist, researcher, programmer, and tech consultant all of my life, so detail-oriented doesn't even begin to describe how intense I can be when I'm doing research. You are absolutely right. The information is here for people to find answers if they just take the time to look.

Many happy sales to you!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana, thank you for this post as in many ways it goes against everything many people who get suspended do. First they don't bother with the rules to start with and then when they get suspended they rant and rave here, like we can fix it, but they just won't do what they can to help themselves. In many cases I think they can't fix the problem as they are trying to sell things that they aren't allowed and if they had read up on the rules first of all they would have known that and passed ecrater by.

Ecrater isn't the best site for everyone but a seller has to be willing to understand that. Ecrater is a great site for many of us. I have had many good years here. Glad you got it sorted out and happy sales to you.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got your store reinstated and also happy to hear that you actually took the time to read over the terms and rules here as many new sellers don't even bother to.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice of you to post this note. Do you mind telling us what the problem was? I looked at your store and saw nothing about it that would have made me question you.
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Nice of you to post this note. Do you mind telling us what the problem was? I looked at your store and saw nothing about it that would have made me question you.

My one and only sale so far was to a woman who rents a room in my house. She wanted to be my first customer once I got my store set up. I told her she could just give me cash in person but she knew how nervous I was about my first venture into online selling so she said she wanted to order from my store. She even offered to pay the shipping so I could go through the entire selling process. She gets her internet orders shipped to the UPS Store in town, so I shipped it to her mailbox there and even sent out all the verification emails for the order, shipping, etc.

While it's not a problem for people you know to buy from you, it is a problem for them to be using your internet connection to place the order. She rents a room in my house but I provide internet access for her so the purchase she made came from the same internet location as everything I do to set up and maintain my store.

A legitimate sale - yes. But to eCrater it looked like I bought from myself because the order came from the same location. I can certainly see how it would look like a bogus order when it wasn't. I told the eCrater folks all of this and told them they could even remove the sale from my account if they wanted to. Maybe I should care about the sale or feedback or any of that stuff, but at this early stage, I was just thrilled that there's one person on the planet who liked something I made enough to want to pay money for it. (I hope she doesn't end up being the only one!)

It was an honest misunderstanding easily resolved.

Moral of this story: If your friends, family or acquaintances want to buy from you, get cash in person, give it to them as a gift, or tell them to use their own computers.

Moral #2: See my original post above Smile

Happy sales to all!!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think just using a different computer would have avoided the situation. I think your tenant would have had to use a computer outside your house since you are all on the same hookup.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a great post. Right now I'm lost. Confused
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I don't think just using a different computer would have avoided the situation. I think your tenant would have had to use a computer outside your house since you are all on the same hookup.

That's correct. eCrater sees the IP address the order comes from so any computer in my house would have come from the same internet location I use to run my store. Fortunately nobody else lives in my house and my tenant will pay cash from here on out if she ever wants to buy anything else so it will never be an issue again.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: