eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello eCRATER community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canglingy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Hello eCRATER community Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am young man who hopes to raise some extra funds for my studies. In the near future, I hope to provide alternative health food, helpful household products and some handcraft items to interested parties. I mainly get my stuff from the rural parts of Northern Borneo and local small assembly workshop so the locals can have a little bit of income along the selling process Smile

Well, this is my first attempt at online retailing, hopefully it will be a good experience.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question. Why buy from you if you won't guarantee the product will reach me? So, if something gets lost I am just out the money? Doesn't seem right.

I do hope you get many sales, just not by me. Laughing

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
Just a quick question. Why buy from you if you won't guarantee the product will reach me? So, if something gets lost I am just out the money? Doesn't seem right.

I agree with her statement. By the way, welcome to ecrater.
canglingy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you get many sales, just not by me. Laughing

Oops I wasn't aware of the non-guarantee, I can do the shipment guarantee (after all, as you had stated, it is absurd not to guarantee it), should I state in explicitly in the main page? Or is there a setting in admin that I should change? Please help me.
So sorry for failing to state that.

Thanks for replying
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what you have in your terms:

I am not responsible for your package after it leaves my hands.
The Postal service is to be contacted if they damage or lose a package.
If you would like postal insurance on your package, it will cost extra - just ask and I will invoice you for the difference.

Insurance is to protect YOU, not the buyer. You can not ask a buyer to pay more then what comes up at checkout, that is an ecrater rule.

That is what I meant about just being out the money if something gets lost. Do you think the USPS or whatever shipping company you use will reimburse me if something gets lost?

I don't mean to nit pick, it just doesn't sound like you have any responsibility for your products. Maybe I am just taking something the wrong way.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cangliny, you need to check with your own post office for insurance rates, tracking options etc. and then include those fees in your shipping fees or item prices. There are no add ons when a buyer checks out on eCRATER.

Also you need to check to see if the items you will sell are legal to import to the US. Not all food, medicines, and herbals are allowed. If you try selling them they can be confiscated in customs and then you and the customer are out everything and you can be prosecuted. Do a bit more homework before listing your inventory.

Welcome by the way.
canglingy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what you have in your terms:

I am not responsible for your package after it leaves my hands.
The Postal service is to be contacted if they damage or lose a package.
If you would like postal insurance on your package, it will cost extra - just ask and I will invoice you for the difference.

Insurance is to protect YOU, not the buyer. You can not ask a buyer to pay more then what comes up at checkout, that is an ecrater rule.

That is what I meant about just being out the money if something gets lost. Do you think the USPS or whatever shipping company you use will reimburse me if something gets lost?

I don't mean to nit pick, it just doesn't sound like you have any responsibility for your products. Maybe I am just taking something the wrong way.

Okay, deleted that part, I was trying to say that shipping is the companies responsibilities. But you are right, I shouldn't sound that irresponsible.

And I understood the no add on charge rule, so the listed price is actually inclusive of shipment.

Thank you for taking your time to explain to me, if there's anything that else that is not up to par, please let me know. Thanks in advance Smile
canglingy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Cangliny, you need to check with your own post office for insurance rates, tracking options etc. and then include those fees in your shipping fees or item prices. There are no add ons when a buyer checks out on eCRATER.

Also you need to check to see if the items you will sell are legal to import to the US. Not all food, medicines, and herbals are allowed. If you try selling them they can be confiscated in customs and then you and the customer are out everything and you can be prosecuted. Do a bit more homework before listing your inventory.

Welcome by the way.

Thank you for the input. My fees are actually inclusive of shipping, tracking option, etc. So it's all covered and buyers will not pay any add on.
As of now, my items are legal to import to the US, thanks for the concern.

Your explanation is appreciated, have a pleasant evening.
Lowpricesstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone come check out my store cool items for sell (Lowpricesstore) Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LowPricesStore, it's not nice to post advertisements about your own store on someone else's post. We have a promote your store forum where you can post all about your store and invite everyone to come take a look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: