eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Only partial picture showing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehroost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Only partial picture showing Reply with quote

Every time I try to list an item here, the gallery pic only shows partially. I have tried to make them smaller, thinking they were too big, but even at 150x50 mp they still only show a portion of the picture. When the item is viewed, the entire picture shows. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, chele
wnorris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Only partial picture showing Reply with quote

TheHroost wrote:
Every time I try to list an item here, the gallery pic only shows partially. I have tried to make them smaller, thinking they were too big, but even at 150x50 mp they still only show a portion of the picture. When the item is viewed, the entire picture shows. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, chele

I believe this is by design. The only way to avoid this is to upload a tiny picture that is 87x87 pixels @ 72 dpi. Then your image will fill the whole panel. I also believe you can scale this (174x174 @72 dpi, etc.) and it will work for you as well. Essentially, your image must be a perfect square or it will end up zooming and cropping automatically.

A suggestion for ecrater would be to examine each downloaded image and determine if it is taller or wider. Then reduce the bigget dimension to 87px and fill the rest of the area with white space. Then every image uploaded, regardless of proportion, would end up fitting in the preview window.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sort of the opposite of what's done at, say, the Bay. There you lose space if you don't use square-shaped gallery photos and here it cuts some off the top and bottom if you don't use square-shaped photos.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture can be any size, big or small as long as its square Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, of course, it doesn't have to be square. It just depends on if you're okay with the thumbnails or not. Myself, I don't worry about them much.

The point is you're not doing anything wrong.
thehroost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making it square solved the problem! Thanks for your help!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: