eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how to get around this site easily. very confusing.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheeseheadplace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: how to get around this site easily. very confusing. Reply with quote

I sign in, I want to look at other's items for sale, where do I go, anyone have a simple guide as to how to get around in this site? I seem to have to log out and then log back in too many times.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers do not have to sign in here. There are no buyer accounts. Search from the ecrater home page ... http://www.ecrater.com/
cheeseheadplace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: ok i do not think i put that right Reply with quote

I am a seller and want to go from here to look at my items that I am selling or look at other seller's items
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all eCrater gives an "independent" space for the sellers. The marketplace isn't like eBay where you need to sign for anything and can travel technically all the site. eCrater doesn't even have a directory of the stores.

I don't remember a direct link in the Administration Area to go to the main page. Even in the store the link to go to the marketplace is difficult to see.

If you want to see other items. You need to go to the principal page and search.
cheeseheadplace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i am understanding that it is not like ebay at all. ok, i have to now learn a new technique of moving around a site. ok, I am going to do this no matter what it takes, fees too much on ebay.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For selling outside eBay. If you are "full" or part time seller. Try to move in a transition. If you are invite use the free promos. Continue using the promos.

In this site or others, 1rst need to get in mind that you must work to get sales. Search engines take time to show your items. So promotion is made by you. eCrater or other sites aren't just "post and wait" like eBay. Also check the terms to avoid suspensions.

http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to list and also check other listing, just open another tab on your computer
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: ok i do not think i put that right Reply with quote

cheeseheadplace wrote:
I am a seller and want to go from here to look at my items that I am selling or look at other seller's items
I'm not sure what you mean by "want to go from here to look at my items". There are 4 different areas a person can view, the main eCrater marketplace, the seller's Adminstrative Tool section, the ecrater community forum, and the individual store.

If you go to www.ecrater.com you are on the home page of the Marketplace. You can browse all the items listed on eCrater and make purchases. Viewing the Marketplace is no different for buyers or sellers, no one has to create an account to browse or purchase on eCrater. (This is also true for eCrater stores.)

From the home page of the Marketplace, you can click on Community to reach the forum or you can click on Login to go to the admin tool section of your store. If you click on Community, you can view some topics but you can't see all the topics. Once you login to the forum, you can view and post to all the topics, send and view forum messages and create a profile. If you click on "Login" you are taken to the admin tool of your store. From the admin section, you can click on "Preview" to see your store as a customer would see your store.

If you go to www.http://cheeseheadplace.ecrater.com/, you are on the home page of your store and this is the link most sellers would use to promote your own store.

If you are in the forum, there is are links at the bottom of every posting that take you to the posters profile, allows you to send a Private Message to the poster, or go to the home page of the poster's store.

Personally, I have bookmarked links to the eCrater home page, the store login page, my store home page, and the forum. Sometimes I'll have 4 or 5 tabs open as I go back and forth between the Marketplace, the forum, my store, and my admin tool.

Hope this helps give a better idea of the site. One other point, every item you list can be seen inside your store and on the Marketplace. For example, here's an item you have listed as seen in your store and as seen on the Marketplace.
http://cheeseheadplace.ecrater.com/p/17334915/mr-bean-rowin-atkinson-bobble
http://www.ecrater.com/p/17334915/mr-bean-rowin-atkinson-bobble?keywords=Mr.+Bean+Rowin+Atkinson+Bobble+Head
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are in your store administration area (where you do your listing) in the upper right hand side of most pages it says 'preview'. Click on that and you are in your store.

Any buyer coming directly to our stores from links we have put out can only see items from our store, nor can they go to other buyer's sites which is a good thing as the buyers we work to bring here, stays with us. If they go through the main ecrater site ecrater.com then they can go to all stores and travel around. Same way we have to do it to see other stores.

Quote:
so i am understanding that it is not like ebay at all. ok, i have to now learn a new technique of moving around a site

No, ecrater isn't like ebay in almost every area. It isn't a little ebay and no reason why it should be. Get ebay out of your head and don't try to do things like on ebay. We are different here, but NOT difficult. Listings go faster and easier than any other site that I have ever sold on. You do the work to get your customers and ecrater doesn't have ads for other peoples products in your store like ebay is doing now. No registering to buy. No block buyer lists. No fees. No nonsense. No forgetting that the sellers are the site's customers not the buyers, since without sellers there wouldn't be buyers.

Just keep repeating to yourself. This isn't ebay, it is ecrater and a much better site! Very Happy Hope all goes well for you here.

This is not written to you, but just something I have been noticing for years. Keeping ebay in the front of their head I think is what trips up so many newbies, especially those that came signed up and never looked at the rules or anything else about the site, including those that write here to ask what the fees are!?!?! Shocked If you went to sell on amazon, you wouldn't be expecting them to be like ebay, so I'm always puzzled why people think that ecrater should be like ebay. And then a week or two here they start asking for all the things that they had on ebay and volunteering to pay fees so they can have them. Makes me wonder why they left if ebay is so 'great'.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...so I'm always puzzled why people think that ecrater should be like ebay.

The problem is easy. Everybody since years ago tagged eCrater and other sites like eBay "Alternatives". It is confusing until you learn to make the difference between sites. Even some people call eCrater an eBay owned because it has PayPal as payment option. Rolling Eyes

I agree with the newbies old ideas. Many came with the eBay thing in their minds. Years ago, I was one of them. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many came with the eBay thing in their minds

I was so sick of ebay when I got here that I rejoiced in every difference that I found!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone was misunderstanding what the OP was asking. Cheesehead wants to look at their items and other sellers items in the ecrater marketplace right? To do that, you'll have to open another tab or window and go to ecrater.com again but instead of logging in again, click on "start shopping". There is no link to get to the main marketplace from within your admin/listing panel.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only trying to clarify the different ways you can see what's what on ecrater. I rarely go see what others are selling. I think with the changes they just made I've been to the front of the ecrater store more times in the last month or so than I usually do in a year. Not something that is vitally important to me but apparently is to others. If the OP didn't know how to move around the site, they probably also didn't understand how a buyer can and can't move around. The OP did ask what to do to see their items as well and no one had mentioned the preview button.

I think at times it is hard to unscramble what someone is asking about and to know for sure what they want as many of our sellers don't seem to have English as their primary language so we try to muddle along with them. I think we are all doing the best we can to help them.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
...The OP did ask what to do to see their items as well and no one had mentioned the preview button....
????????????????????????
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
If you click on "Login" you are taken to the admin tool of your store. From the admin section, you can click on "Preview" to see your store as a customer would see your store.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I focus my answer in the 2nd part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: