eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help ! " No items found " Message
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them time. Be patient. They have a small staff.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem with hiding something is you are doing it wrong. As weird as this sounds, if your listing is sold out and doesn't revert to zero on it's own, then you have to hide it yourself. Put the number 1 (that is NOT a typo--you have to put in a quantity number) in the quantity box and then click on hide. For some reason when we manually hide something you have to have a quantity number in the box otherwise it doesn't work. Are you sure that your quantity control isn't working right? Or perhaps you had put in the wrong quantity. If your quantity control is working for your other items, but not this one then there was a problem with that one listing of possibly you had the wrong amount listed.

Whatever, we can't put sold signs and sold in the title here, which you have found out the hard way. If your customer wants to see the listing again, you can bring it up by clicking on the title on your order page for the item, then you can print the screen or make a copy of the listing, or give them the url of the listing so they can see it themselves. Lots of ways around the 'problem' of not being able to 'see' a sold listing.

One thing I do for all sales is double check that my quantity is correct, either it is on hold for sold out, or the actual quantity is correct. Helps avoid plenty of problems.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Moon...
Whatver I did, putting 'SOLD' was obviously agregious.
So, I am not hopeful, as eCrater has a lean staff, that I will get good news... Crying or Very sad I am so sad. I did not need my Store to 'die' like my friends and family... Crying or Very sad I guess I will have to find a new home for my wares... Crying or Very sad
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
For some reason when we manually hide something you have to have a quantity number in the box otherwise it doesn't work.
Or blank, i.e. erase the zero and put nothing in the box, that will also work (and might signal to you that the quantity is actually gone).

AntiquesAttic wrote:
Whatver I did, putting 'SOLD' was obviously agregious.
Putting SOLD in the title is only egregious if you did not also hide the listing. You must hide the listing.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't despair. You will get everything straightened out. If you have corrected the problem, eCrater will help you.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
I fixed all my errors & eCrater reinstated me !
I am so happy...
Thankyou, all, for your support !
style-at-home

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest contacting ecrater per their contact link below and asking them your question about being reinstated. Wish you the best.

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
eCrater granted me reinstatement !
style-at-home

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER is always fair when the store has done something that, while innocuous, is against the rules. Remember that many of the stores complaining about suspension are trying to pull a fast one like having duplicate stores, selling counterfeit goods, offering unsupported payment methods, etc.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater isn't here to get rid of their sellers. They want and need sellers here! So if you go into the whole thing with a humble attitude and apologies and a willingness to fix things they are of course going to be sympathetic.

Some of the sellers that get suspended really shouldn't have an on line store. Especially those that complain about providing receipts and proof that they are a legitimate sellers. A legitimate seller should have all their paperwork in order and all receipts for purchasing product, otherwise how do they do their taxes and know if they are making a profit? If I buy a TV for myself, I keep the receipt just in case. So you would assume that a TV seller on line would certainly have proof of how much it cost them when April 15 rolls around Rolling Eyes
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth is this thread still going? The seller already established a while back that their store was suspended so why does everyone keep talking about it? I keep seeing this thread every day popping up as an unread thread, and I click on it, and the seller just keeps spouting off about why there store was suspended. Just fix the problem already and get your store reinstated.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are still talking about it, yes it been reinstated. She was just telling what went wrong and how she fixed it. Moonwishs and Maggie were just encouraging her. Just don't read the thread if that bothers you.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearcreek, there is no rule that you have to respond to every topic or keep checking topics you have already responded to. It's not a job or a store requirement. I frequently ignore topics either because I don't know enough about the subject to be helpful or because I took a quick look at the store and know the seller will be toast by the end of the day so I don't waste my time.

Generally people get suspended right after opening or else they slip through the cracks until some eagle eyed eCRATER employee or vigilant store owner reports them. For those who have been around a while, it comes as a real shock and they can feel very hurt that after a few years of successful selling they have been suspended.

I just discovered a suspendable error in one of my own stores when I sold something on another site and came to eCRATER to remove it. When I entered the name of the item it came up twice. I checked and I only have one so I real quick removed them both. Had someone else discovered that and reported me I could have been suspended for listing duplicate listings. Had that happened, I would have had no clue why I was suspended. When you have 5000 listings, supposedly all different, it would have taken me weeks to discover the problem.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For those who have been around a while, it comes as a real shock and they can feel very hurt that after a few years of successful selling they have been suspended.

I understand some cases, but I read many people who forget or don't log in for long time. My recommendation is check/log in at least once a week.

Now talking in general about "Suspension". I was editing and reposting some items in eBid. You get a pop-up saying something about cancel or suspension if you fail to meet some posting requirements. The "Alternatives" sites are getting more proactive and aggressive about items posted in their pages.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: