eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need help setting up shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Need help setting up shipping Reply with quote

I would like to provide free shipping for US domestic only and charge weight based shipping using USPS calculated for international countries.

Currently the "Free shipping" option in product shows US and Canada, but I don't want to give free shipping to Canada.

What can I do to accomplish this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to provide free shipping for US domestic only and charge weight based shipping using USPS calculated for international countries.

Go for the Matrix.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need help setting up shipping Reply with quote

lucu wrote:

Currently the "Free shipping" option in product shows US and Canada, but I don't want to give free shipping to Canada.

What can I do to accomplish this?
First, forget the "Free Shipping" option on the item page. Enter the correct weight for each item and check the weight based option. The weight must be entered as a decimal of a whole pound. There's a good chart in the FAQ on shipping matrix.

Next, enter all the countries to which you wish to ship in your Shipping Zone Chart. Go to the Shipping Matrix and put 0.00 in all columns for the US Mainland, Alaska, Hawaii. (You will need to come back and complete the matrix for each of the international countries you selected AS A BACKUP for the USPS Calculated shipping.) Under Account: click Options and make sure there is a check in the box to "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". In the chart below, DO NOT select ANY method of domestic shipping. You should select the international methods you want to use.

What happens when a customer from the US places an order? The eCrater checkout looks to the USPS Calculated shipping but there is no domestic shipping selected so it looks to the shipping matrix where it finds the shipping cost to the US for all weights is $0.00 and the customer sees the shipping is $0.00.

NOTE: this only works when every item in your store will ship for free in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, you can not have any exceptions.
Ns1expressions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Help with Shipping Reply with quote

Hello,

I have read many of the questions in regards to shipping. However, I still a bit confused. I understand how to input the shipping cost for each item. If the seller is putting the cost of shipping for each item, are the customer charged for each items if they have selected multiple items to purchase? For an example.... I would like to offer shipping for $6.00 for orders under $40.00 for the entire purchase, and free shipping for orders over $40.00 for US orders, 12.50 for all International orders. Is this possible and how do I set it up? Thanks
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help with Shipping Reply with quote

Ns1expressions wrote:
If the seller is putting the cost of shipping for each item, are the customer charged for each items if they have selected multiple items to purchase?
Yes, If you have shipping specified on each individual item, then the amount for each item will be added up for the total shipping. However, if you have USPS Calculated turned on, that overrides fixed shipping per item.

Quote:
For an example.... I would like to offer shipping for $6.00 for orders under $40.00 for the entire purchase, and free shipping for orders over $40.00 for US orders, 12.50 for all International orders. Is this possible and how do I set it up?
Shipping based on the net total of the order is probably not possible. Shipping based on the number of items purchased is possible (by manipulating the Shipping Matrix).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shipping based on the number of items purchased is possible (by manipulating the Shipping Matrix).

Depending on your inventory, combining shipping can be very easy, but I too don't think it is possible to ship by total amount of order.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Shipping Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Quote:
For an example.... I would like to offer shipping for $6.00 for orders under $40.00 for the entire purchase, and free shipping for orders over $40.00 for US orders, 12.50 for all International orders. Is this possible and how do I set it up?
Shipping based on the net total of the order is probably not possible. Shipping based on the number of items purchased is possible (by manipulating the Shipping Matrix).

It occurred to me a few days ago, that there is a way to do this. What you would do is put the price of item both in the price field, and in the weight field. Then change the matrix to use the medium weight scale, and fill in $6.00 for 'weights' of 10,20,30, and zero for all the weights beginning at 40.

For countries other than the US, put 12.50 in all the weight columns.

Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: