eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

customer asks seller question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittybelle

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: customer asks seller question Reply with quote

when a customer ask a seller a question where does it go? i sent 3 emails to my self from 2 different email addresses doing a test run for that and that was yesterday and i never recieved the emails where do they go, or what do i need to do to recieve them
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tchxtremescooters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be sent to the address you set your account up with. Check your account settings (edit account info)... Tom Very Happy
kittybelle

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: email to free account Reply with quote

i was using a paid email account and the emails didnt go through, but when put in a free email accounts to recieve emails i got them, i guess you cant use paid email accounts
rcfcomputing

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be in your spam folder.
tchxtremescooters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: email to free account Reply with quote

kittybelle wrote:
i was using a paid email account and the emails didnt go through, but when put in a free email accounts to recieve emails i got them, i guess you cant use paid email accounts

That's strange. Maybe I'm confused (again) but if you have a domain name or ISP with email they should go through, mine does. If you mean "free" such as hotmail, yahoo and such... that is not a requirement and I would not use them anyway because a domain/ISP address may imply more credibility to the customer IMHO... Tom Very Happy
~~~~~~~~~
TCH X-Treme Scooters
TCH Silver Shop
TCH Gifts & Things
tchxtremescooters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcfcomputing wrote:
Might be in your spam folder.

Probably is... Tom Very Happy
~~~~~~~~~
TCH X-Treme Scooters
TCH Silver Shop
TCH Gifts & Things
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: email to free account Reply with quote

kittybelle wrote:

Nah, the return e-mail address you put doesn't matter. You could put a completely bogus "from" address and the question would still go to the seller.

I'd also guess that they're not getting through your spam filter for some reason.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you log in
on the left menu select
Edit Account Info
the last item there is says - E-mail for orders*:
That is where emails are sent.

this may or may not be the same email you registered with.
the email comes from noreply@ecrater.com
many email services do not allow noreply@ emails to go through unless you have them on your allowed list.

If you use aol -- this don't surprise me a bit. Many emails never get through to aol users.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think ISPs are dislexic. Mine at least seems to delight in warning me about vital and official sites I visit or blocking those emails but they have no problem letting in spam. I find it hard to believe all my friends and relatives are sending me infected emails but the spammers are clean.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope it works, I sent a question to a seller last night because of a totally different problem.
I bought an item from her, but when I tried to check out through PP, it charged me for two items. I got the order email, tried to click and pay through the link in it, and it still had the total for 2 items, even though the letter stated the amount for one item!
I wrote to her and asked her to just invoice me through PP for one item, haven't heard from her yet...but sure wonder why that invoice is messed up!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: