eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please help me understand why my store has been suspended...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbottles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Please help me understand why my store has been suspended... Reply with quote

I have been on eCrater for a long time and after hours of searching, can't figure out why my store has been suspended. I would love to learn how to fix the problem(s). Thank you in advance! Rick - oldbottles
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you maybe have listing with the word "SOLD" in it? Or asking people to pay by something other the PP or GW? Those are 2 very common problems. I look at your website and there was nothing that really stood out to me.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't see anything either, but we can't see the actual product listings. Maybe you had some wording in your listings about what the antique bottles "used" to contain. Some of the old preparations in old bottles are not legal anymore. And even if you just mention them as being there in the past, it might trigger a suspension. Of course, I am guessing here. I did see a bottle with a skull and crossbones on it, and I am sure it used to contain a poisonous material.

Have you written to eCrater administration to see if they can give you some guidance?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it is the poison bottles also as everything else that I could see looked fine.

Who would have thunk people wold pay such prices for old bottles. Seems like everything in the world that was thrown in the garbage at one time is now selling for lots of money....which is great as it gives some of us jobs! Wink
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there are also beeswax replicas of poison bottles listed. I bet the use of the word "poison" is a problem. I wouldn't know how you would get around the usage of that word. That's a tricky one, because those who are looking for that kind of antique bottle will search for it.

***Well, I also searched in eCrater to see if there were any other poison bottles listed and there were, they are also listed on eBay, which has a specific category for them.

Maybe your bottles are in the wrong category. That can cause a suspension too.

It could also be a problem that you are referring people to your other website, on the main page, in the wording and in your avatar on the main page.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the URL antiquebottlehunter.com (which is visible on several places and in the FAQ) is not redirected to eCRATER. It goes to another site. Some of the bottles are listed for sale there, but I don't see anything sending the buyer back to eCRATER. Not sure what the rules are in this area. Might be an issue tho.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget about the wrong category issue. Hopefully it can be something that is a quick fix.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other ones I saw listed here was in this category under Collectibles

http://www.ecrater.com/c/410991/bottles-jars-jugs-caps

Here they are:

http://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?cid=410991&keywords=poison
oldbottles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all ...Thank you everyone for your replies and help. I've been selling poisons and antique bottles on eCrater for years, so I'm hoping this isn't it and kind of doubt it. Whatever the problem is it has to be something that I've been doing on eCrater for a long time and they have just now suspended me. It would truly help if they would list the problem so it can be fixed in a timely manner.

As in the first reply, I did have some things marked 'SOLD' but I have done this for years too. They are never marked sold for very long. I sell at shows, my websites and other venues, but before I get back home, I'll mark them as sold, so customers won't purchase the items while I'm still away. Some listings in the past, I have been sidetracked and left them as sold for a month or more... so is this truly the problem? I don't know.

Mentioning of our websites has also been on my listings here since I started. Is this a problem too... I have no idea. I wish I knew the problem.

I really don't sell a lot here on eCrater, but like to have some of my listings here for exposure. I've really thought about leaving, but I've been here for so long. Frustrated, I'll try to figure this out, just not sure how. Thanks again everyone! Smile
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this thread this morning and tried to see if I could see any reason which took me on a journey to your other website. While I'm not a bottle collector, I've known many as customers and enjoyed browsing your site. Since your reply, I feel reasonable sure it's having sold items visible in your eCRATER store.

It is fine to post a "Sold" sign as your photo and/or to add sold to the title or description, BUT you MUST hid the item. The suspendable action is leaving a sold item unhidden. This was an acceptable action (for up to 2 weeks) in the earlier days when we did not have the option to hid the item. This was the only way a buyer could see the listing after purchase. Today, you can send the buyer a link to the hidden item.

Once you hid the sold items, contact eCRATER, tell them what you have done to correct the problem and request your store be reactivated. None of your work has been lost, only hidden.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have sold one of your items, you can just merely Hide it, then no one can purchase it. It would probably take less time to just Hide it then to post a Sold picture, and would be more effective and not cause problems.

It sounds like all of our guesses don't fit your problem. We really cannot see what your items look like, since you are suspended. You can contact eCrater and ask for some suggestions. Hopefully, they'll be able to help.

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

Good luck!
oldbottles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the word SOLD that was in some of my listings... not sure what else it could be. Yes, I would do this so that the customer could see the listing and description until it was delivered too... but I won't be doing that anymore.

Thank you everyone for your time and help. I'll contact eCrater soon and follow-up here.

PS - Happy that you liked our antique bottle sites! Laughing

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!
oldbottles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this was fast! I contacted eCrater less than two hours ago and got this great reply:

Thank you for your email. The store was suspended for sold items. Sold items either have to be removed or hidden.
The store has been re-instated.

Yippee!!! Very Happy

Thanks again everyone!!!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can take a while before problems get noticed. Something must have happen that made someone take a look. Glad it worked put.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great!! So happy to hear that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: