eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any smc members ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheesha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Any smc members ? Reply with quote

If so how do you get your product pictures on your web site ? help please !!!!!!!!!!!!
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that eCRATER is not a good place for selling products from affiliate web sites like smc. It's almost sure that these sellers will not sell anything here on eCRATER unless they promote their stores alone.

• Such products from affiliate websites are not posted to Froogle.
  • They will appear at the bottom of each category
  • They will not be included in the eCRATER searches.

Basicly this means zero hits unless the seller advertises his/her store alone.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sheesha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the smc web site there is alot of people that go through ecrater, I don't understand.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying that you cannot open a store at eCRATER. What I am saying is that the possibility to sell something is very minor.

If allowed all these affiliated type of websites will flood the eCRATER marketplace with exactly the same products offering by many different sellers.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Please note that eCRATER is not a good place for selling products from affiliate web sites like smc. It's almost sure that these sellers will not sell anything here on eCRATER unless they promote their stores alone.

• Such products from affiliate websites are not posted to Froogle.
  • They will appear at the bottom of each category
  • They will not be included in the eCRATER searches.

Basicly this means zero hits unless the seller advertises his/her store alone.

Just curious as to how you know it's SMC products or not?
How can you stop some products from going to froggle and not others?

Personally this does not effect me, just curious as to how you can tell.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is SMC? I looked it up and found some services and programs for sale. Is this what we are talking about? Confused
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Just curious as to how you know it's SMC products or not?

They all use the same photos, description and title. The photos are provided from the parent web site. You will not see "made by the seller" photos in these stores. Often the photos are stolen from the manufacturer's web site too.

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
How can you stop some products from going to froggle and not others?

I just mark them as "affiliate" and they do not appear on Froogle and eCRATER searches. They also go at the bottom of each category. In fact I have discussed that issue with the Froogle team and they were very clear that they did not want similar items in the bulk feed.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
What is SMC? I looked it up and found some services and programs for sale. Is this what we are talking about? Confused

Yes, this is.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you insult me! Am I being discriminated against because of where I purchase my products? I would expect more from a business owner than your totally infounded, uneducated remarks about SMC. It is very obvious you know nothing about this business and you certainly know nothing about me. I'm sure you are aware that dozens perhaps hundereds of people sell these products here. While it's fine that we are not welcome, before you accuse anyone of being a thief, one need to get your facts straight. SMC is a vendor, a supplier and nothing else. I use SMC as well as several other vendors to supply my products. For you to openly discriminate me is with out a doubt unfair to say the least. SMC has been in business for over 50 years with thousands of successful independent business owners. We are not affiliates with SMC they simply are a business we get some of our products from. If you referring to websites with the products supplied from this company, we build, host,and maintain these sites ourselves as part of our businesses. I can say that I purchase stock images for use here as well as my websites and there is no need for me to steal them for anyone! While I understand there are many misinformed, misguided people in this world, please get your facts right before you make slanderous, unethical remarks about someone. Have a nice day.
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a website through SMC, even upgraded to the gift card redemption program. I've not had a sale on the site. I've looked at other auction sites but several people are already selling. I purchased lots of gift cards and gave them as gifts and to the high school as prizes. Will give some to United Blood Services as drawings for donors. I hope something picks up. I might have to fold the site. I'll keep membership though cause I buy lots for myself. -- In answer to your questions...... download the photos you want to a folder on your desktop and then upload to your listing. Try writing the description in your own words. I wish you luck, it's hard getting your foot in the door to make a living.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it? What exactly do they sell? Confused
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
I don't get it? What exactly do they sell? Confused
Go look at my website. I feature the birdhouses. Click on the redeem gift cards and there is a virtual catalog with all the items available. www.birddropinns.com
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So SMC members sell the same types of products? What's wrong with that-besides tons of the same merchandise? Confused Does SMC have a bad rep? Bad product? Don't deliver? I've never heard of this company but the products look like what alot of convience stores carry. Confused
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say this before leaving. SMC has been in business for over 50 years. You just don't thrive and survive that long if there was anything wrong with the company. They are nothing more that a whole sale supplier. I market my products from SMC in a wide variety of ways. I have several active , regular accounts with florist, boutiques, gift shops, hair salons , drug stores and other specialty type shops. I maintain a wholesale website and a retail website. SMC is but one of many vendors I use. What is truly sad and upsetting is many, many people come to ecrater for the same reasons. The people that sell SMC products I'm sure came here in honesty and a spirit of fair play. They had hopes of some measure of success just like every one here.They have worked as hard promoting their stores and ecrater as everyone else here. It's shocking to receive the revelation that all this time they were being grossly discriminated against by the management. The remarks were very unprofessional and demeaning to lots of people here. How would you feel if you put in hours and hours on your ecrater store and promoting ecrater only to find out thet your efforts where intentionally being sabotaged simply because of the products you sell and the company you purchase them from. Not exactly fair now is it? Having said this, I wish all of you the best of luck here. Have a nice day
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
I'll just say this before leaving. SMC has been in business for over 50 years. You just don't thrive and survive that long if there was anything wrong with the company. They are nothing more that a whole sale supplier. I market my products from SMC in a wide variety of ways. I have several active , regular accounts with florist, boutiques, gift shops, hair salons , drug stores and other specialty type shops. I maintain a wholesale website and a retail website. SMC is but one of many vendors I use. What is truly sad and upsetting is many, many people come to ecrater for the same reasons. The people that sell SMC products I'm sure came here in honesty and a spirit of fair play. They had hopes of some measure of success just like every one here.They have worked as hard promoting their stores and ecrater as everyone else here. It's shocking to receive the revelation that all this time they were being grossly discriminated against by the management. The remarks were very unprofessional and demeaning to lots of people here. How would you feel if you put in hours and hours on your ecrater store and promoting ecrater only to find out thet your efforts where intentionally being sabotaged simply because of the products you sell and the company you purchase them from. Not exactly fair now is it? Having said this, I wish all of you the best of luck here. Have a nice day
I'm sorry for the negative replies you received. I don't see why SMC products are singled out. What about the candle companies, digital cameras that use factory supplied photos and descriptions,......bath or makeup , lots of jewelry doesn't have shop owner photos - I chose not to sell SMC here as I've seen so much of it on eBay and didn't feel I could compete. Glad I didn't waste my time here. I wish you the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: