eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

can somebody read ecrater's message for me? thanks a lot...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myfavor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: can somebody read ecrater's message for me? thanks a lot... Reply with quote

Hi, my shop was suspended, but I still cannot find the reason, I contact erater & receive their message, but not understand, can someone tell me the below message means?
I wrote my buyer contact at website is "myfavor@outlook.com"
after testing, it receives email with no problem.
do they mean buyer contact + order receiving+ erater contact has to be the same email?, cause I am not, ,
I got really frustrate, I do not know should I go on list product at shop or stop it, cause my shop link still cannot search at google...
and also he said not to open the new shop, really I don't know what can I do now...

Belows the message I received from ecrater:

"Thank you for your email. Your account is suspended because the contact
information on the account appears to be invalid or incorrect. Please
verify and correct the contact information before asking for a review of the
store."

thanks a lot
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be two contact emails or only one.

The one you sign up with when you opened your store. That is the one eCRATER will use if they need to contact you.

You may be using the same email for customers to contact you (the one on your contact page and the one that will appear if a buyer clicks on the contact seller link on your listings). Or you may use a different one.

Did you try all the email addresses you have all over your eCRATER site? Do you have eCRATER enabled or allowed in your mail processor? Often people have restrictions on their mailboxes and unrecognized emails will go to spam or be sent to noman's land depending on your settings.

If you don't have eCRATER allowed in your email account, you will not be able to receive questions or purchase notices.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever contact information that you used when signing up for your store, they can't verify it. You could have written it down wrong so it looks invalid or your email program is sending it to your junk email box. I suspect the contact info is for your first store and then you changed it with this second one perhaps? Whichever contact info you first signed up with, you need to set it so you can get info from ecrater and then you can send a request to them to reset it to your new contact information.

If you changed your contact information between the two stores, how would ecrater know for sure that someone hasn't hijacked your account?
myfavor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Whatever contact information that you used when signing up for your store, they can't verify it. You could have written it down wrong so it looks invalid or your email program is sending it to your junk email box. I suspect the contact info is for your first store and then you changed it with this second one perhaps? Whichever contact info you first signed up with, you need to set it so you can get info from ecrater and then you can send a request to them to reset it to your new contact information.

If you changed your contact information between the two stores, how would ecrater know for sure that someone hasn't hijacked your account?

thanks for help
I received ecrater's message again
"Thank you for your email. Not just your email , all the contact information listed on the account."

I guess he means the "edit account info", cause I only input address all "Hong Kong" & a invalid mobile, while I think ecrater will not need my such information, should I have amend it with my real address & real tel?
are you also do the same? just I bit worry the pesonal data security....
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER is allowing you to post on their site free of charge. Of course they need a legitimate name, address and telephone number. What if you are a crooked seller? This is information you would have to provide to any legitimate site you sell on.
myfavor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
eCRATER is allowing you to post on their site free of charge. Of course they need a legitimate name, address and telephone number. What if you are a crooked seller? This is information you would have to provide to any legitimate site you sell on.

thanks for help
I think I will amend it in correct form first,
to see if ecrater will release my shop or not
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no wonder they suspended you if you put false information in your sign up! Would you trust someone that lied on a job application? This is basically the same thing.

To your question about whether we give our 'real' information, of course we do. They allow us to post etc. on the forum under our store name which gives us some privacy among other sellers, but any legitimate store is happy to give their real information when signing up at a venue. If you don't trust a site enough to give out your personal information then perhaps you need to rethink whether you trust that site well enough to want to sell on it. Any on line seller has to lose some of their personal privacy when selling on line. That is just how it is.

There are many reasons that ecrater might need your personal information and the biggest is if you start selling and collect money but never send anything. Then they can track you down. Not sure is they would try to contact Hong Kong police but here in the states, they could easily contact local police forces if a seller is scamming lots of customers. Ecrater runs a clean site and isn't about to let sellers scam customers.
myfavor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well no wonder they suspended you if you put false information in your sign up! Would you trust someone that lied on a job application? This is basically the same thing.

To your question about whether we give our 'real' information, of course we do. They allow us to post etc. on the forum under our store name which gives us some privacy among other sellers, but any legitimate store is happy to give their real information when signing up at a venue. If you don't trust a site enough to give out your personal information then perhaps you need to rethink whether you trust that site well enough to want to sell on it. Any on line seller has to lose some of their personal privacy when selling on line. That is just how it is.

There are many reasons that ecrater might need your personal information and the biggest is if you start selling and collect money but never send anything. Then they can track you down. Not sure is they would try to contact Hong Kong police but here in the states, they could easily contact local police forces if a seller is scamming lots of customers. Ecrater runs a clean site and isn't about to let sellers scam customers.

thanks for details helping.
I think I almost know why I was suspended,
I will take action to correct it
& hope ecrater will release my shop afterwards

thanks you for you all...
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: