eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntbobsattic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Stores Reply with quote

Hi. I am brand new to eCRATER. I have questions, lots of questions, but can't find them anywhere yet. Can anybody help? Here are ones I really want to know:

1) How do you look at people's stores (and others mine)? I can't find a place to go to stores. If I look at a particular item, it shows me the item, but doesn't show me anything else in the person's store. In other words, how do I find people's stores home pages?

2a) Can you change the font size and color in descriptions and in the heading (under welcome)? (I would know this if I could look at other people's stores.) Smile 2b) can you use html in descriptions?

3) Are the numbers in ( ) feedbacks? If so, is anyone selling anything? I have not yet seen any feedback numbers if that is what this is.

Thanks very much for your help.

Lesli - Aunt Bobs Attic
urbanmash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leslie!

I'm new here myself, but I think I can answer your questions.

1) ecrater only lists store items, so there isn't a special store area (that I'm aware of). If you want to view a store, there is a link in each listing right under the "Buy now" button.
2) You can't use any html on this site, not on your stores homepage or the listings.
3) I think there are two reasons you are seeing a lot of zero feedback. One is the fact that the listings are sorted newest first, and a lot of new members have joined this week and are stocking up there new stores. The other is that the feedback system here is not reciprocal like it would be at an auction site. The feedback is tied to the payment system and I'm guessing, buyers are not as attentive to leaving it as they would be if they wanted to receive it.

I hope that helps!

Leesha Dawn
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 -- if people are shopping at www.ecrater.com the items of a view store items on the upper right side. If they are in YOUR store already - they are there and won't be taken to other ecrater sellers items

2a -- No
2b -- no

3 -- I got feedback. Not even close to the number of items sold BUT I don't worry not many real web sites have feedback - look at WalMart - no feedback, Look at JCPEnnys - no feedback --- so why would any web shopper expect any store to have it. ONLY ebay shoppers look for feedback.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesli --
When you browse items from www.ecrater.com, each individual item contains a link to the seller's store under the Buy Now and Back buttons.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ONLY ebay shoppers look for feedback.

Agreed.
urbanmash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be perfectly honest, I hope the feedback system here never does catch on. I saw somewhere on another post (I don't remember where, probably the suggestions board) that someone suggested modifying it to be more like the auction sites. I hope that never happens. I sold on the auction sites for years and am happy to get away from the feedback wars.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, feedback is too problematic. Customers should place their faith in stores that seem professional and reliable enough for their tastes. (Not that I don't appreciate anybody who leaves me good feedback, of course...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: