eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping

So eCRATER will now go through the phase of $1 sales with $99 shipping
IMHO, that would drive buyers away. Right now the concept is to drive buyers to your store.

I don't think it's a good thing either. I just know it's going to happen. It went on for a long time at eBay before they cracked down on it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I saw this topic by Periwinkles early in the day. And it was the 1rst thing in mind after reading the news of the fee.

I don't have problem with final fees. I don't have problem with non-payers in 100% free sites, but now it is different. I want to know how is going to be handle the fee with marketplace sale when we have an order from non-payers.

To eCrater one suggestion. Seriously somewhere in the principal page add the commission fee thing.

One more thing like I said before about other marketplaces adding fees. It will be nice to know about it with 1 month at least. Also it will be nice to know something about the Adsense thing because I saw some sellers asking about it.

The marketplace cost will only be on completed and paid sales through the main marketplace.

Information on the marketplace cost can also be found in the FAQ for selling located here:
http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

em
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Marketplace fee and Refund Policy? Reply with quote

eastpaladin wrote:
I understand starting May 1st, 2013, there will be a "2.9% marketplace fee", for those store items sold successfully via the eCrater's marketplace homepage.

What happens when my customer wants to return the sold item/s for a full refund? Assuming that I authorizes the return and gave full refund, is there a way for me to get the "marketplace fee" back?

Thanks.

If the order is refunded there will be no marketplace cost.

em
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, the original announcement regarding upcoming changes can be found here:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039

em
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to pay the fee
thank you ecrater for all you do for us sellers..
kjscreations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no problem paying a small fee when an item is sold. it's those companies that charge listing fees that I won't work with.
CountryHut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN : )

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
I'm happy to pay the fee
thank you ecrater for all you do for us sellers..
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I made over $500 in ad revenue in 2 months here last year with just two stores, I can only imagine how much ecrater takes in on behalf of everyone--millions of users.

So I don't feel guilty about using this site--it was a win-win. I brought them a small bit of their traffic which they got paid for, and they gave me a place to host my small bit of images and a shipping calculator.

But having my own site gives me the flexibility to make my store visually appealing (including a mobile-friendly theme), to not have people tarnish my selling reputation with unwarranted feedback (ecrater refused to remove a neutral left less than 24 hours after an order was placed--not nearly enough time to rate the product or the seller IMO), and to do conversion analytic tracking. Plus all the exposure you get from submitting your own feeds to places like The Find, etc, that you gain when you have your own webstore on your own domain.

Ecrater was a nice stepping stone for me but I think I have bigger needs than what they can offer me, and I had stuck around this long simply out of laziness--it wasn't costing me anything to live with my stores here, other than the programming I had to do on the front end to make my store look better (which, fortunately, makes my transition much easier in the long run anyway).

I appreciate the heads up (and the fact that they emailed sellers this time!) so I can make the change. I knew ahead of time the risk of all "free" sites is that they get you hooked then start charging you--went through it with Auctiva and then Bonanzle. So for me, having my own data on my own site where nobody can hold it hostage is a better business move.

But everyone's business is different. No sense in criticizing other sellers for having other plans.
LeatherFlair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: The Marketplace ? Reply with quote

Where is the Marketplace ? I just add products as I create them, if they sell fine, if not they still might. No, I don't do much marketing at all. Have been the url posting route, but its not that effective for me and that mayt be due to my product line or pricing and perhaps both, no matter.

Still, where is this Marketplace located?
chorwath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping

So eCRATER will now go through the phase of $1 sales with $99 shipping
IMHO, that would drive buyers away. Right now the concept is to drive buyers to your store.

I don't think it's a good thing either. I just know it's going to happen. It went on for a long time at eBay before they cracked down on it.

They didn't crack down on it. They are profiting from it by including shipping in the final value fees.
hartmannbooks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this will mean we pay the 2.9% fee AND also the PayPal or GW fee, correct ?
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Sorry for asking Reply with quote

What is marketplace? Do we all have marketplaces?
I have no problem with this, because most sites charge a small fee, esp. on the "backend" of a sale. However, if Paypal charges 3% per order and EC charges 3%, wouldn't that be a 6% charge on the item?

Somebody do the math for me, thanks.
kid-cra-zee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: What are the "efforts" being put forth? Reply with quote

I've been selling on here since 2011, doing my own promo, and I was just curious if we would be privy to what the new 2.9% marketplace fee was going towards? Are there going to be online ads, print ads, television commercials, YouTube ads? Up until now, there has been no advertising, just Google partnership, so I'm just wondering what is intended here.
kid-cra-zee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry for asking Reply with quote

thewrightbiz wrote:
What is marketplace? Do we all have marketplaces?
I have no problem with this, because most sites charge a small fee, esp. on the "backend" of a sale. However, if Paypal charges 3% per order and EC charges 3%, wouldn't that be a 6% charge on the item?

Somebody do the math for me, thanks.

The Paypal fee is just that, Paypal's fee. You're going to have to pay a payment processor anyhow. The 2.9% charged by eCrater for Marketplace sales is seperate, but in your figures, yes, you would have to consider 6% (or so) as your cost for selling the item.
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to know exactly what is the "marketplace." I don't have a clue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: