eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Em for you information about the "marketplace." I will gladly pay the 2.9%. I have wondered from the very beginning why there were no fees charged. I love this place! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Where to limit Marketplace Traffic? Reply with quote

kid-cra-zee wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:
Once again, the original announcement regarding upcoming changes can be found here:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039

em

You can minimize your marketplace traffic by selecting "Send minimum buyers from the marketplace".

Where is this option located?

I don't believe you will see that option until May 1st, or sometime between now and then. It isn't there today.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Where to limit Marketplace Traffic? Reply with quote

kid-cra-zee wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:
Once again, the original announcement regarding upcoming changes can be found here:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039

em

You can minimize your marketplace traffic by selecting "Send minimum buyers from the marketplace".

Where is this option located?

It is under the Account>Options menu in the left column of your admin tool for the store.

em
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks for me because even though I get more traffic coming directly to my store through my URL than I do coming directly from the marketplace, more people actually buy things from me in the marketplace. I can get 10 people looking at my store through direct URL and not a one will buy anything but then I can get 3 people looking at an item through the marketplace and all 3 end up buying something so, that means I'm going to be paying alot of fees! Ecrater told a fib. They said it would always remain free.

Don't get me wrong I'm still going to pay the fee because I've worked too daggon hard in my store to just quit now but, that means I'm going to have to raise my prices to make up for this new fee coming out of my profit and I don't really want to do that. They may say it's not a commission but, what else would you call a 2.9% fee that gets taken from all orders placed from inside the marketplace? I also don't understand why selling sites have to charge percentages.

When you charge a percentage that means that the higher your item sells for, the higher the fee will be. Why not just charge a flat fee for all of those orders like a 40-50 cent fee instead so we don't have to pay more if the item that sells is more expensive. If we sell a more expensive item, it's not like it takes more work for them to keep it listed in google or anything. Item price makes no difference so, why charge more for a higher priced item by making our fees percentage based? I know the fee will be 2.9% percent regardless of the item that sells in the marketplace so, don't think that what I meant when I was talking about a higher fee for higher priced items was that that fee would increase, I know it won't. I meant that if the item sells for a higher price, then 2.9% of that items cost will be greater because the overall cost of that item is greater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not just charge a flat fee for all of those orders like a 40-50 cent fee instead

That means that anyone selling products for $14 and less will be paying MORE than 2.9% on their items while those with more expensive goods will be paying much less percentage wise to a fraction of a fraction depending on the price. That is why a percentage is only fair for everyone. Someone selling something for $100 is going to pay $2.90 if the order came through marketplace. If that is making too big a dent in your profit from that $100 sale, then you are running too close to the edge profitwise.

This might actually inspire some to raise their prices from the $2-4 that I have seen since there isn't much room for a profit anyhow. They can jack up their prices a $1 and end up making more than they would have otherwise, especially if they start pounding the street promoting their store directly. I don't think ecrater minds that we work at getting people to buy from our stores directly. As long as we don't opt out of the marketplace directly we are all still combining our products with the other sellers to have a vital marketplaces full of choices for buyers.
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, the only problem with jacking up your prices would be that if you have hundreds or even thousands, it would take a lot of man power and time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby I think just put this a little bit into perspective. If you get a sale through the ecrater marketplace/homepage the 2.9% it might help to just think of it as a 'tip' or 'gratuity' to ecrater, which ecrater will invest in doing promtions for ecrater that they haven't been able to before. It will benefit every seller on ecrater to have ecrater promoted more.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go for an option like "Send MAXIMUM buyers from the marketplace" Twisted Evil Razz
SadieBellsBooks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the fee at all - thank you ecrater for all you do for us sellers.

As I am sure many of us do, I keep up with other selling sites, and after seeing and hearing what goes on at some of them, I am grateful every day for ecrater and the professional way in which it is run.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope eCrater takes this opportunity to upgrade properly in addition to whatever ads. The pretty interface was a step but despite the shortcomings of those other sites, in some ways they're miles ahead. The site is desperately behind on category updates, payment options (now being addressed), minimal html at least--even bold or underline in listings would be nice--and various other things we've discussed at length in other threads. With those things, this place would be almost bulletproof, without them there's a gaping hole. Free was a good excuse for its time, but now that the cries of "I'll pay for this if you do it" have been heard and the deed is done, it's time to put down the pedal and get to it, or I foresee some thinning of the group ahead. There's already some newcomers trying to take a bite from the apple, vying for attention. And those will start to look more appealing if some of these changes don't pan out in due time.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more time I don't have problem to pay the 2.9%. If eCrater make the sale not problem with it. Contrary to other sites in auto-pilot or owners playing to be owners. I see eCrater and its Team always working in something.

maggiethehousecat agree with you. It isn't needed to go "eBay paranoia" and I believe everybody understand it is for promotion of the site. The problem can be the little missing details and the technically "drop the bomb" style of the announcement.

Quote:
I've been selling on here since 2011, doing my own promo, and I was just curious if we would be privy to what the new 2.9% marketplace fee was going towards? Are there going to be online ads, print ads, television commercials, YouTube ads? Up until now, there has been no advertising, just Google partnership, so I'm just wondering what is intended here.

I believe it is used in the Google Shopping. I believe the television commercials and print ads in this moment are lost of money. Anyway I believe the 2.9% is enough to pay something like that. Laughing

Like MoonwishesStore commented. Promoting your store isn't difficult. I manage to increase my direct traffic near 3 times compare to last year. Now let be clear the traffic from search engines is dropping. The drop must be something in general with search engines because I see a similar behavior in other 2 sites that I have also Google Analytics.

Quote:
Why not just charge a flat fee for all of those orders like a 40-50 cent fee instead

I don't like the idea of a Flat Fee for all prices. It isn't good. Some sites like Bonanza and Addoway have a minimum flat fee of $0.50. For example in eCrater I sell trading cards and many cost less than a $1. Something like that will just make me move from eCrater or increase prices like I do in eBay.

PD
Now taking out the serious stuff. I believe the "Why I can't see my items or why I'm suspended topics?" will take a little pause. We are going to see "Why I'm getting invoice?" topics in the forum from long time sellers that just found the site, throw, and only appears after a sale. Laughing
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of my items are either antiques or one of a kind and not cheap. Also I offer free shipping, So it will definitely cost me more since I don't want to go change all my items. I still occasionally list on Feebay and even with the higher fees, as a percentage I sell more of what I list. I knew a time would come when Ecrater would have to start charging. I will stay and pay, but I'm disappointed.
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I join the chorus of thank yous, ecrater, for all the work and thought behind the recent site developments.

The new 2.9% FVF option is well worth the price to me. Half of our recent sales have come in from the marketplace, and I will gladly compensate ecrater as that flow continues.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation to fellow sellers. Is simple. It isn't matter if you are part time/hobby seller or a mega ultra super omnipresent mighty power seller. Runs your business with math and not feelings.

eCrater now that we are talking about changes and updates. In any future, is possible to see an off-line/online bulk listing tool?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

likesthejewels wrote:
Moon, the only problem with jacking up your prices would be that if you have hundreds or even thousands, it would take a lot of man power and time.

Why not just use the global editor to raise your prices? You can do that, and it takes less work on your part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: