eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Support for Google Checkout (aka gbuy) has been added!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorkmansWood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Support for Google Checkout (aka gbuy) has been added! Reply with quote

Very cool beans!! What I'd give to see it above the PayPal logo.

Thanks guys
Rosemary
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDBOOKS wrote:
I don't have an EIN # so they want my SS#. I don't remember giving that to Paypal (?) I'm a little leary of giving out my SS#.

I also was asked for my SS# but I know others who weren't. I'm not so sure about this Question
ABoxfulofBeauty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: safe? Reply with quote

Hi

has anyone used gbuy anywhere else? of course greedbay says it has all kinds of bugs, but is it any good?

i'm sooo glad we can use it here. thanks, ecrater!!

is it secure? i see it has ssl, so i assume it's all good.

thanks, amber Very Happy
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 - Do you mean when you went to sign up for Google Checkout?

I have a problem giving them my ss#.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I was already signed up from when I listed items on Google Base, I did have to add my bank info the get the merchand ID. I did that and all was well, then I needed the merchant key it says on eCrater.

So I clicked the link in this thread to get the key and that's when I was sent to the screen where it asks for a SS#

Here is the screen I got:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16576180_o.gif
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 - Yes that's the screen I got too. I am uncomfortable with giving them my SS# due to identy theft, etc.

Do remember if you gave it to Paypal when you signed up with them?
I don't.

I don't know why they need it if you can give them other info. like your bank or credit card - because I'm protected. But the SS# is a different story.

And it is not for Tax purposes - they state that on the site.

I wouldn't mind giving them a FEIN/EIN # but that is if you have employees.
Not me.

I will wait a while and see. At this point I don't think I would be losing any sales because I don't have Google Checkout.

Have you noticed anyone else talking about this anywhere else?

Thanks
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask on another site and yes, they got this screen as well but they have the federal ID. I don't mind giving my ss# if its required, I just hadn't seen anyone else mention it so it had me wondering.
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do remember if you gave it to Paypal when you signed up with them?

When I signed up with PP I didn't have to give my SSN. I know this for a fact 'cuz I would never have signed up with them Wink

The SS Administration states that no one has a right to ask for your SSN unless they're giving/paying you money. This goes for law inforcement agencies as well as all financial institutions which do not offer interest.

By giving them your banking information they should accept this as enough evidence of your existence since the bank has your SSN and this is how PP and GBuy verifies you.

If you insist on signing up, give them a phony SSN Twisted Evil

M
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonsport - Google Checkout is asking for your Social Security # to sign up.
I don't think you can give them a fake SS# because they are using it to verify that you are who you say you are.

For now, I guess I wil do without Google Checkout.
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonsport - I checked out your site. I like your logo.

Do you know you can add information under the "welcome" on your home page? Also, you can change the picture under your logo and put a featured item and featured categories if you had pictures. Very Happy

Hope you have many sales on eCrater!!
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you just love us newbies - we think we know everything!! Confused
tlcstopandshop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a question. When signing up to Google Checkout, it asks you which integration that you want. What shall I put since I'm new to this. Hopefully you can get me straightened out on Google Checkout. Thank you.
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Google Checkout is asking for your Social Security # to sign up.
I don't think you can give them a fake SS# because they are using it to verify that you are who you say you are.

Ummm...and how are they doing this do ya think? I'm sure they can't check with the SS Adm. unless they're setting up an account to pay US Wink

We have sales tax numbers in about 14 states. Several ask for SSNs and use them as a vendor number. Many states use SSNs for driver's license numbers as well. Unless they're going to give ME money I'm well within my rights to give them whatever number I want...AND I DO! (LOL)

I'm not ready to sign up with them right now (to be honest, I'm waiting for their incentives)
Quote:
I checked out your site. I like your logo.

Thank you, hubby designed it a long time ago. We've used it for years and years on letterheads, business cards and print ads.
Quote:
Do you know you can add information under the "welcome" on your home page? Also, you can change the picture under your logo and put a featured item and featured categories if you had pictures.

Yes I did. My store is on hold right now, I'm waiting to go "live" when I have a good showing of stock listed. The items I sell depends on repeat customers and I want to open with a BANG!
Quote:
Hope you have many sales on eCrater!!

Thank you, I intend to (hahaha)

Quote:
Don't you just love us newbies - we think we know everything!!

I'm not sure we know everything but we definitely bring new ideas and insight to every place we join. Growth of any site is a good thing and that means newbees.

Thanks for the help and well wishes. Everyone here seems very helpful and I'm already in love with Dimitri...don't tell hubby Wink

M
radarplus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!,
It seems like a really good idea but its only available to US Residents. Me being from the land down under - well, I cant have it Sad
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update the SS# issue . . .

I was able to verify my bank account and get the merchant# and key without adding a SS# - I just skipped that part and everything still seems to be in order Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: