eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sorry to do this but.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overtherainbowcrafts

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Sorry to do this but..... Reply with quote

Hey all, sorry but I think I'm gonna close both of my stores. Haven't sold anything in them and they've been up a long time. It's been nice to be part of this community but the only stuff I'm selling is here at home, both stores were a failure for me. Thanks for everything all!

Signing off~
Tina
www.overtherainbowcrafts.ecrater.com
www.tinaslittlecritters.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina:

You have really cute stuff. Have you considered selling at fairs and flea markets through the summer months while everyone is out and about? Your things sell well at those places, I know.

Then, when everyone starts moving back indoors in late summer/early fall, you can maybe put things back up for the Christmas season.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!
ljstores

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
Tina:

You have really cute stuff. Have you considered selling at fairs and flea markets through the summer months while everyone is out and about? Your things sell well at those places, I know.

Then, when everyone starts moving back indoors in late summer/early fall, you can maybe put things back up for the Christmas season.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!

I agree
if you are selling at home anyway then why not keep your store open as it doesnt cost anything?
Then maybe when you get time you can up the anti on the promotion?

Good luck
You have some lovely stuff

LJ
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your store as your online catalogue.

Just curious what type of advertising you have done.
Promoting is the key to staying alive online.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're leaving. Like everyone says you have to promote your store. Also you don't have very many items and I was told the more inventory you have the more you eventually sell.

Joyce
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.Just keep the store open.You never know when things may pick up
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Sorry to do this but..... Reply with quote

I agree with the above. Why not keep your store open since it is free anyway? I think you'll have a better chance of selling it here for millions of people to see than to limit it to a few at home.
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BTMC, why not stock your store and have as an online catalog? Love this little bear you made...

http://www.tinaslittlecritters.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=556434

Sandy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have cute things that look well made. I'd stay open if I were you since it isn't costing you a dime.

Couple of suggestions.
1. Put more featured items on your home pages. They are free too so take advantage of showing off as many of your wares as possible. It takes a minute to do and would draw more people in. If the Harry Potter muffler was featured, I'm quite sure it would sell.

2. Don't use OOAK in the title of an item. That's insiders' lingo. A browser might not have a clue what it means.

3. Your shipping might be a turn off. It seemed a bit high to me for lightweight non-breakable items that could go first class with delivery confirmation for half that. Do you get a lot of hits but no sales?

4. Lastly if the eyes on your toys might be a choking hazzard, replace them with something that isn't.
tinaslittlecritters

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all right... I do craft shows and I could use this at least for an online catalog even if I don't sell anything...thank you all! Smile That's why I loved this community!!! Smile Any suggestions on good advertising??
animationartoutlet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you use it as a catalog? My concern is more for my art being one of a kind and I am having inventory concerns (ie, selling more than one when I only have one of a particular cel.
silvermoonxtreme

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been posted that eCrater will have an iventory control feature very soon. Very Happy
animationartoutlet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I saw that! I am very excited but am thinking of not listing more until it happens. I do like this site though..fast, easy, convenient.

..but I saw the suggestion to use as catalog and was wondering how..at least till the inventory pans out. I can't afford to lose a customer due to one item and 2 purchases lol..mine are truly one of a kind.
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animationartoutlet wrote:
Yep I saw that! I am very excited but am thinking of not listing more until it happens. I do like this site though..fast, easy, convenient.

..but I saw the suggestion to use as catalog and was wondering how..at least till the inventory pans out. I can't afford to lose a customer due to one item and 2 purchases lol..mine are truly one of a kind.

put the max qty box at one then they wont be "allowed" to buy more than one Smile

LJ
animationartoutlet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I only have 1 of each cel. My problem is if let's say debby buys 1 and its late and then bobby buys 1..then if I am not mistaken and they have picked the same cel then I will have 2 orders for one of a kind item..right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: