eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!? A new site asking 7% of fee. Rolling Eyes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No complaints!

Over the years ecrater has helped me to build a full time business with a good profit.

Most of my business comes not from the market place but from my own promotion and direct sales to existing repeat buyers.

I happy to look at the 2.9% market place fee as an investment in my business.

Keep up the good work ecrater!
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a crystal ball, second sight or the ability to predict the future, I would never have used my talents to create eCrater. I would have been investing in Wall Street, buying and selling property, investing in other businesses I knew were gong to become profitable.

So I don't expect Dimitri to be anything other than human. He's held the line on fees for a while. He's done what he can do with his budget. In the meantime, we all clammer for more, more, more. There is only one way to expand the budget - give us a little fee.

Have any of you ever broken a promise because of economic change? Was it easy to do? Why do you assume it was easy for Dimitri?

I would much prefer to pay a 2.9% fee on specific sales than a fixed amount each month. If I increase my own marketing efforts I should be able to keep that fee to a very small amount.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the site has always been advertised as "a free online store builder". I don't see adding a small fee for sales generated on the marketplace as a change in the basic idea of a free online store builder. My store is still free and if I don't want to pay fees for sales from the marketplace, I have been given a way to do that also.

Thank you eCRATER for continuing to provide me with a 100% free store.
I have no problem paying a small fee for the free exposure my store gets in the marketplace when that exposure brings me a sale.
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw anything wrong with folks making a profit on something. That's why we are all here, I expect. Don't care how he spends it, hope he buys a new swimming pool or a motorcycle or something. Good for you Dimitri, you EARNED it.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invoice? Reply with quote

"What will happen if I do not pay the generated invoice for my marketplace sales?

This will result in all penalties described in the previous question + we may completely remove your items from the marketplace and stop showing your products in Google Shopping. Your store will remain active but you should be able to drive your own traffic and sales."
------------------------------------------------

What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

I have all my store order emails as well as "Ask seller a question" emails going to one main email address. That is the email address that I currently am using.

If the invoice goes to the email address that I used to originally set up the stores, that will be bad, because I only used those addresses once long ago, and don't even remember them.

Is there something we need to do to register the correct billing email address with ecrater?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there something we need to do to register the correct billing email address with ecrater?

Good question. You might want to write to the team to bring it up.
thefamilyhome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like eCrater to explain more on what type of new payment options are coming.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my question to ecrater regarding the invoice email address.

I will let you know when I receive an answer.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
"What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

The notification of change emails were sent to the email that was used to open the store, not the one you currently have on file. Good question.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
vintagemoonbeams wrote:
"What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

The notification of change emails were sent to the email that was used to open the store, not the one you currently have on file. Good question.

That explains why I only got one email notification of change, instead of 3 (one for each store). That probably means lots of folks who have not even seen the notification of change, because they used a "throw away" email to open the store, but conduct business through a different email.

Also, I have changed my main email a couple of times since I first opened due to internet service provider changes, moving, etc. Those other email addresses are no longer mine. I am sure that this is a common occurance and lots of people will have this issue.

It seems there will need to be an ongoing and simple way to update your billing information.

I will let you know what I hear from ecrater.
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ:
Quote:
This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping and tax or refunded/reversed or unpaid orders

How will eCrater know if the sale was refunded if it was paid and refunded via PayPal? PayPal doesn't post back fulfillment status or offer a refund link in the sale interface the way Google checkout does, so the PayPal paid marketplace sale I just refunded still looks like a valid and paid for sale.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume, that (yeah yeah, I know), if a bill goes to an inactivate email, we will see the sellers come here asking why sales have dropped and why their products aren't showing up anywhere.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
"What will happen if I do not pay the generated invoice for my marketplace sales?

This will result in all penalties described in the previous question + we may completely remove your items from the marketplace and stop showing your products in Google Shopping. Your store will remain active but you should be able to drive your own traffic and sales."
------------------------------------------------

What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

I have all my store order emails as well as "Ask seller a question" emails going to one main email address. That is the email address that I currently am using.

If the invoice goes to the email address that I used to originally set up the stores, that will be bad, because I only used those addresses once long ago, and don't even remember them.

Here is the email answer I received from Tracy.

"Thank you for your email. We will make an official post regarding the
billing details at a later date."

Sincerely,
Tracy
The eCRATER Team

Answers to common questions can be found in the FAQs & Solutions Here:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewform.php?f=13

FAQ General http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=1
FAQ for selling http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3
FAQ for buying http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=2
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
I would assume, that (yeah yeah, I know), if a bill goes to an inactivate email, we will see the sellers come here asking why sales have dropped and why their products aren't showing up anywhere.

I think the sellers in question break down into one of two categories ...

Those who are active and changed their original email. If they do not normally participate in the community, they may have no idea what is changing. I'm not sure they would ever notice that something changed, unless they were depending on marketplace hits for most of their sales.

Those who are inactive, abandoned their store, put it on hold for some reason and then never came back, etc.

The first group I expect will pop up here. The second group were potentially taking up space in search results in the marketplace (if not on hold) and will (after a few months) get gently put into a penalty box (assuming they got any marketplace orders).

One of the side effects of this is that it will migrate non-active (or non-responding) sellers in such a way that (over time) the search results will only reflect those who are active, responding and filling orders. I think this is something that we have been asking for, but it's happening in an unexpected way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: