eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Yes, I just searched for a few of my LEGO sets and (without clicking on the results) I can see the URL is targeting the marketplace.

The URLs will always show the marketplace ones. However if the merchant is paying for the click we internally redirect to his store so the buyer will land inside the merchant's store.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Is it me, or has the format of the results in Google Shopping changed ? In the past my results were buried down a second level, but now they are right up there on the first page.

Not just you. I too have noticed that many of my products that used to be hidden back on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th page are now starting to show up on the first page and many of them are at the very top of that page in one of the first 3 spots. However, some of the items I have that some of the big dog top corporate stores also carry (products that are also available at Walmart, Target, Sears, Babies R Us, Toys R Us) these products don't show up first because those big dog stores take up the first 10 pages of shopping and us little guys are way towards the back because those companies are paying a higher amount for their google spot. But, that can be expected.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand curiosity to press items in Google Shopping, but please avoid it. Wink

eCrater thanks for everything in all these years. I don't problem with the fee. If you are paying and working for market exposition. I understand the work, time, and the need of revenue.

Now just be clear and fair. I don't want to know/discover anything of blocking crawlers and edited views to control exposition in organic search engines like other "Alternative" site. Because I will be one of the 1rst to comment about it.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I can understand curiosity to press items in Google Shopping, but please avoid it. Wink

I don't understand this statement.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:

eCrater thanks for everything in all these years. I don't problem with the fee. If you are paying and working for market exposition. I understand the work, time, and the need of revenue.

Now just be clear and fair. I don't want to know/discover anything of blocking crawlers and edited views to control exposition in organic search engines like other "Alternative" site. Because I will be one of the 1rst to comment about it.

I didn't understand what you said. What do you mean by this elpereles?

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Thu May 02, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can understand curiosity to press items in Google Shopping, but please avoid it.

Avoid clicking the items in Google Shopping. Because as far I understand you pay also if somebody made a click. Wait a minute! Do I confuse the Froogle Pay to Play with a normal ad? Sorry. Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Not worry. I just saw other eBay "Alternative" site searching for revenue, but taking some actions not fair for sellers.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Avoid clicking the items in Google Shopping. Because as far I understand you pay also if somebody made a click. Wait a minute! Do I confuse the Froogle Pay to Play with a normal ad? Sorry. Rolling Eyes

You only pay when someone buys from you after finding you on the eCRATER marketplace. You do not pay for clicks. Anything to do with paid clicks is between you and Google.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
You only pay when someone buys from you after finding you on the eCRATER marketplace. You do not pay for clicks. Anything to do with paid clicks is between you and Google.

eCRATER may be paying for the click tho. This is why I made a point that I was only hovering over the result to see the URL revealed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the eCrater fee thing. My confusion is with Froogle. Do you pay for placing and for clicks? If yes, somebody make a hole in eCrater pocket testing where the items go. Rolling Eyes
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
You will get 100% of all the sales that you bring to your store. If eCRATER brings you a sale through the main marketplace located at www.ecrater.com, we will collect 2.9% marketplace cost. This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping and tax or refunded/reversed orders and will only occur for buyers coming from the marketplace, not in your store.

Please see the thread located here:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33041

em

I totally get the marketplace fee

My question is
Is Ecrater.com prepared to do something about sellers with low prices and high shipping?
Charging only on item price encourages this type of behavior

Also, did I miss it?
How is Ecrater collecting their money? They sending me a bill?
They auto deducting it somewhere?
They going to have a minimum amount due (like $5) like other sites?
How is this collection happening?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
elpereles wrote:

Someone is paying google to have Ecrater items show up on google shopping and its not me personally
Google shopping hasn't been free in sometime
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Is Ecrater.com prepared to do something about sellers with low prices and high shipping?
Charging only on item price encourages this type of behavior.

I understand that some dishonest sellers will try to switch their prices around to avoid paying fees by taking a $6.00 item with $3.00 shipping, and switching the prices around so the item is now $3.00 and the shipping is $6.00, that way they'll only be paying a fee on the lower $3.00 price but, I don't want ecrater to start charging fees on our shipping prices. I don't think it's fair for any site to charge fees on shipping prices and dishonest sellers are everywhere. They cannot be 100% prevented from selling online. Dishonest sellers will always find a way around things like that, and I don't feel it's fair for me to be charged an additional fee (me, an honest seller) solely because other inconsiderate dishonest sellers are trying to find a way to cheat the system.

The shipping price I set up is accurate. The cost includes the exact amount I need to be able to pay for postage and package tracking, plus an additional small fee added in for packing materials. If they start charging fees on shipping prices, I'll have to raise my shipping prices yet again (already had to do that back in Jan. due to the USPS increase) and then i'll have to explain to my customers why they were charged $6.50 for shipping but when the item arrived the USPS sticker showed that I only paid $4.50 for the shipping.

I've already had a few people email me asking why they paid such and such for shipping but the price on the package they received shows I was charged 50 cents less than what they paid, and I have to explain to them that it's because there is an additional fee added in to cover envelope and bubble wrap costs (even though that info. is plainly stated in my faqs). So, I'd hate to have to explain a 2nd additional fee. I believe if buyer's knew I was charging them more to compensate for a fee ecrater was charging me, they wouldn't understand it and would most likely demand a refund of the excess charges. That's another reason I haven't listed anything on ebay since last Dec.
wellcomeyou

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
lastade-designs wrote:
If I sell an item that comes in from the marketplace and my item costs 10.00, the fee will be 2.9 per cent or 29 cents?

That's the way I understand it.

I would like to ask a silly question that if the above transaction is an unpaid item(buyer didn't settle the payment for the purchase) . Shall we get the 29 cents back from ecrater?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellcomeyou wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
lastade-designs wrote:
If I sell an item that comes in from the marketplace and my item costs 10.00, the fee will be 2.9 per cent or 29 cents?

I would like to ask a silly question that if the above transaction is an unpaid item(buyer didn't settle the payment for the purchase) . Shall we get the 29 cents back from ecrater?

I believe the answer is yes. The exact mechanism has yet to be explained.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellcomeyou wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
lastade-designs wrote:

Yes, if the order is not paid, or paid and refunded/reversed and came from the marketplace you will not pay marketplace cost for these transactions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: