eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should remember that eCRATER will bill you monthly. It isn't like PayPal that takes the money out when the buyer pays.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i agree, BUT sales on ebay are also double or triple what you can get on ecrater. almost everyone who shops in the world knows what ebay is, very few know what ecrater or google shopping are. but with ebay comes many problems that we all know about already and why we are on ecrater. but lets get real, most of us would be making more money on ebay, but with way more headaches. who wants to rely on ebay either, i think we all like to do it ourselves.

the point of my post was when I had made the SAME amount on EBAY as last month sales I would have had almost $400 in fees. And no I wasn't making 2-3 times on ebay what I do on ecrater. That was the whole point of coming here. Get rid of headaches and make some money!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've already had a few people email me asking why they paid such and such for shipping but the price on the package they received shows I was charged 50 cents less than what they paid, and I have to explain to them that it's because there is an additional fee added in to cover envelope and bubble wrap costs (even though that info. is plainly stated in my faqs). So, I'd hate to have to explain a 2nd additional fee.

Bear Creek, this is the joy of endicia's stealth shipping. If you pay their monthly fee on a yearly basis, It costs less than $15 a month for their service (including DC, commercial pricing, etc.) and you get stealth shipping. These are labels that show NO postage price. So no one can complain if you charge them more than the $1.69 it may have cost to ship (or whatever price). At one time I had a French ebay buyer that gave half of her buyers neutrals (and there were a lot of them) because their postage didn't line up exactly with what she paid. She wanted refunds for the extra 10 cents, 19 cents, 29 cents, etc. what ever it was extra. At that point I threw in the towel and got stealth and haven't had a single quibble about postage rates since, other than a few prepurchase international questions about why is the rate so high.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, my most recent order doesn't show where it came from. It is blank. But the 2 others before it from today do show where they came from.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Also, did I miss it?
How is Ecrater collecting their money? They sending me a bill?

It's in the marketplace FAQ at http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3 :

"When is the marketplace cost due?

If the main marketplace generated sales for you for the past month, an invoice will be generated 15 days after that month ends and you will be notified by email."

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
They going to have a minimum amount due (like $5) like other sites?
How is this collection happening?

These issues haven't been clarified yet that I could find.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I am excited about this change.... I was about to pull one main product that recently I was only getting 1 sold every other month. During that time google shopping had MAYBE 1 buried on page 3 or 4.
Now ALL those products are on the first few pages & I've had several orders in April. I decided to keep that product line & see how it goes.

I was getting bored with ecrater there for a while Wink
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been answered already but WHEN is the fee imposed? I'm sure for electronic payments it is when payment is made but if payment is not electronic.......? Is it when/IF the seller marks the purchase as "PAID" on their "Orders" page? Or are non-electronic payment sales still free?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
This may have been answered already but WHEN is the fee imposed? I'm sure for electronic payments it is when payment is made but if payment is not electronic.......? Is it when/IF the seller marks the purchase as "PAID" on their "Orders" page? Or are non-electronic payment sales still free?

Read the entire thread. I believe you will receive an invoice after the end of May, for the May fees. My understanding is the fee applies for all orders placed via the Marketplace.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:

Read the entire thread. I believe you will receive an invoice after the end of May, for the May fees. My understanding is the fee applies for all orders placed via the Marketplace.

So every time I receive an unpaid order I have to ask for a refund? Ridiculous.....eCRATER knows when payment has been made.....payment made = fee charged......pretty easy....who's putting those green check marks next to the sales?
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ
http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

Are there costs to sell on eCRATER?
It is absolutely FREE to open a store on eCRATER! This means you won't pay any fees, final value fees, monthly fees or commission to open your own store and sell your products. You will get 100% of all the sales that you bring to your store. If eCRATER brings you a sale through the main marketplace, we will collect 2.9% marketplace cost. This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping and tax or refunded/reversed or unpaid orders and will only occur for buyers coming from the marketplace.

Why should I pay marketplace cost?

We are spending considerable efforts and money to drive buyers to our marketplace. This small marketplace cost will allow us to continue bringing you buyers and sales originating from the main marketplace.

Can I opt out of the marketplace completely and still keep my store?
You can minimize your marketplace traffic by selecting Send minimum buyers from the marketplace. Then your products will appear behind in searches and when browsing categories in the main marketplace. Your product pages in the marketplace will show products of other merchants instead of other products from your store. The items may still be accessible in the marketplace if you directly enter the product url or through links in search engines or they may be completely removed from the marketplace. While selecting this option will allow you to incur minimal marketplace costs, you will be losing sales and the additional exposure that the marketplace provides.

What will happen if I do not pay the generated invoice for my marketplace sales?
This will result in all penalties described in the previous question + we may completely remove your items from the marketplace and stop showing your products in Google Shopping. Your store will remain active but you should be able to drive your own traffic and sales.

When is the marketplace cost due?
If the main marketplace generated sales for you for the past month, an invoice will be generated 15 days after that month ends and you will be notified by email.

Does this mean that eCRATER is not free anymore?
No. You can still sell completely for free. How? If you receive an invoice from us, just do not pay it. We will not suspend your account for this. We will decrease your ranking in the marketplace or may completely remove your products from there and do not feed your items to Google Shopping. However your store will remain active and operational.

em
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
From the FAQ
http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping and tax or refunded/reversed...
[b]

All right, I'll ask my question again:

How will eCrater know a sale has been refunded if it was originally paid via PayPal?

PayPal doesn't post back with refund info the way Google Wallet does.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surknights-emporium wrote:
How will eCrater know a sale has been refunded if it was originally paid via PayPal?

PayPal doesn't post back with refund info the way Google Wallet does.

That has been asked, and several times. The mechanism has not yet been explained. It should not be an issue until the first invoice arrives, which will be after the end of May ( sometime around June 15th ).
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please clarify, cause I can't find this question. If someone finds one of my products through Google shopping is that considered buying from Marketplace?
I found my klm Rynbende house decanters on the first page in google shopping and the second page in google search.
Or is marketplace just when someone searches on the Ecrater site?
Thank you.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargainsurfing wrote:
Please clarify, cause I can't find this question. If someone finds one of my products through Google shopping is that considered buying from Marketplace?

If you click on the link when you find it in Google shopping and it takes you to the new version of the listing (the pretty version) then that would be a Marketplace sale.

If you click on the link when you find it in Google shopping and it takes you to your old version of the listing (your store version) then that would be a sale in your own store.

Some people are saying that they have paid for Google PLAs that bring them directly to their store. I've never seen one--anytime I see an ecrater item in Google shopping it always takes me to the Marketplace version of the listing. That is one of the reasons I never opted in to PLAs--I prefer to direct my customers to my website, which takes them to my store, rather than to the Marketplace.
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize there were 2 versions.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: