eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Understanding payments from the UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Understanding payments from the UK Reply with quote

Someone in the UK purchased one of my items, and I don't understand the payment that I received. The total is 6.47 with some symbol I don't understand, but it has the shipping as 0.00. Can someone help me understand this, or should I just cancel and move on?

thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping was zero because you neglected to set up shipping for the UK. The funny symbol I assume is the British pound symbol (the equivalent of our dollar sign) and the 6.47 was what you received in British pounds. When you go to PP onto the order page and click on details you should see what the currency exchange was at the time of sale. The number will probably be around 1.5162 which if you multiply it by 6.47 it comes to $9.81 US dollars.

None of us can tell you whether or not to go ahead and ship since we don't know how heavy your item is and what potential lose it might be. But you might get an negative which you can't get out of. Nor can you write and ask for shipping money after the fact. I would suggest that you get shipping set up right away and if you can't figure out international shipping, then turn off those UK and AU stores until you understand them. Plenty of threads to tell you what to do.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll learn the shipping fees to those countries.

thanks
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find those threads now.

thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a VERY nice order from the UK and the exchange for that one was 1.5136.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my items listed by weight. I don't know what to do now. I'm looking for the thread about shipping to the uk & au.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many, many threads on this topic ever since the UK and AU stores opened. I don't have the topic links myself though. You may find some info up in the News & system status from back a few years ago as nothing has changed about the shipping other than the costs skyrocketed in January of this year. Just seems I remember reading some of the info there.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using weight. The only way to show zero for S&H is when Your Shipping Matrix has zero values.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back and checked not to auto convert currencies. I think I read that I was to delete price as an operator. I've got to go back and read more, this is confusing to me!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
If you are using weight. The only way to show zero for S&H is when Your Shipping Matrix has zero values.
If you are using USPS calculated shipping and you do not select any method of international shipping AND you do not fill out any shipping in your shipping matrix, the customer will also be charged 0.00 shipping. The system uses the calculated shipping first (by default if you are based in the USA and don't turn it off). If there is no method of calculated shipping selected, it uses the shipping matrix. If the USPS website times out and no shipping info is received, the system will also default to the shipping matrix so you still need it for a backup.

A took a quick glance at your store and feel you might want to place your whole store on hold until you figure out your shipping. I looked at one record album that you plan to ship via USPS media mail. The price quoted made me think that you may have entered the weight of the actual item instead of the weight of the package.

Placing your store on hold will also place your UK and AU stores on hold. If you just remove UK or AU from your Shipping Zone chart at this point, you would only stop sales to those countries from your US store but you would continue to have active UK and AU stores.

To find topics on "shipping" to the UK and/or AU, look for topics about selling to the UK / AU.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the weight of the package in the item listing. An album with the mailer is not over 2 pounds. I went to the shipping matrix and it was so confusing for me!! I did put my store on hold. I've got to figure this out, and quickly.

thanks
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lowest priced item is a 45 which weigh 4 ozs. I put 0.25 in the first spot in the shipping matrix. The albums with the mailer weighs 2 lbs or less, so I put 2.00 in the next spot. I hope this is right, that's what I'm gathering from what I read.

Someone please check it again to see if it looks right.

thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My lowest priced item is a 45 which weigh 4 ozs. I put 0.25 in the first spot in the shipping matrix

Is that with packaging materials as well? Don't forget that media mail only goes by the pound not fractions of pounds so if you are using 4 oz you would need it to be either first class shipping with the packing weight included or 1# media mail rate assuming a 45 can be packaged safely for less than 1# in weight in either instance.

Putting .25 in the first column of the matrix would have the matrix charge 25 cents for one item's shipping amount depending on how you have actually listed the item. If you are trying to do fractions you put those in the weight spot in the listing, not the matrix. I only use the matrix but never use fractions. I charge shipping by items and after many years, I know how much on average it will cost me. Anyhow the first column in the matrix needs to be the shipping weight for one whole item or pound, but when doing fractions be sure that you are still charging enough and including packaging, delivery confirmation costs, labels, etc.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the weight like that (.25) in the listing. I don't understand how to put it in the matrix. The 45's are send 1st class mail. Albums are sent media mail.

thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your White Christmas record you are only charging exact postage for media mail with no packaging costs or delivery confirmation. Not sure where your first class rates come from since with my endicia program some of my costs are discounted. I have never understood the theory of charging exact postage because let me tell you if your business takes off(I assume that everyone wants that), it becomes real money to purchase adequate supplies, tape, etc. and in this crazy world to send merchandise without delivery confirmation is the equivalent of asking the buyer to claim they didn't receive their package and there is no way to prove that they got it.

You are also giving a buyer a choice of one record or another. Make two listings, one for each. Readers will forget to tell you which they want and you will waste time trying to get them to tell you and then you have no official listing to show what they actually bought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: