eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

please . how to sell on crater
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jupitermx

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: please . how to sell on crater Reply with quote

people please
how to sell on ecrater
line up his post
but reported that no item
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store has been suspended. Just looking at your home page it seems you are using stock photos and will need to prove that you have the rights to use them and the right to sell the products. This you take up with eCRATER admin, not on the forum. We can't see your store and you don't have very much filled in on the non listing pages.
jupitermx

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now how
to my store sales can continue
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are obviously not from the United States because, I can't understand a word that you are saying. WHAT are you trying to say???? Please explain, then I will comment.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to sell on ecrater. There is lots of information here about how to do that but it needs at least a high school level of education plus a good working knowledge of the English language. You can't even tell us or ask us clearly what you need help with. I see no way that you can communicate with a customer if needed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a natural born English speaker. Let me a moment if I can translate for everybody.

Ammmmmmm. Ummmmmmmmm. This seller is a poet. To shorts sentences.

One more minute. Ummmmm. Confused

Seriously. I quit. I can't understand neither.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elperles, I suspect that you have a great understanding of written English as well as a brain that allows you to understand it. You have proved that by selling here for years. I can always follow you even when your English gets choppy since I 'know' you.

These folks that can't even coherently state a simple question, I don't understand how they think they could run an English based store. I wouldn't try running one in Spanish, French, German - All languages I have studied or Chinese a language I haven't studied but many from that part of the world think they can sell here with less than adequate skills.

I give a person kudos for trying, but sometimes they need to know more than what they have learned. Throughout the years here I have suggested that they find a true English proficient person to edit they store's text. I doubt that any have bothered doing that. Now I just want to say go learn English if you want to sell here (that goes for all those that grew up in the US but never paid attention in school!) I'm not down on 'foreigners' as most all of us descended from immigrants.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, that little episodes of lack of coherence in the sentence isn't just only in English. Laughing

Now seriously. I don't want to offend nobody about languages issues. But I agree that if you want to sell in a specific language based site. At least you must understand it. You will not see me go to sell in Chinese or Portuguese site because I don't know the language. I will not even try running my business in a unknown language using Google translator.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks lets take it easy chastising non-English speakers for trying to make a living. As someone who has spent years living in non-English speaking countries, let me tell you it ain't easy.

If eCRATER wants to stop sellers from certain countries from opening stores here it is within their power to do it. It is not within our jurisdiction to debase and chase the seller away.

Look at the FAQs and Terms. No where does it ask for proof of IQ, proficiency in English, advanced business degrees etc.

Sit on your hands. Stop bitching at people who can't understand what you are writing anyway. You are wasting your time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I'm very aware of how difficult it can be, which is why I admire those that do take the time to learn the language and take the time to figure out a site to sell on. But if someone can't write a single coherent sentence in the language of where they want to set up a business that is completely dependent on them knowing and understanding the language, then they need to learn the language before doing it.

It is the same as I feel about older people coming on here saying 'I'm old and don't know anything about computers so you guys have to help me'. Well no we don't, because each of us that are over 35 and especially those of us in our 50s+ have had to learn how to use computers years after we were in school. Computers were a completely foreign language and I remember forking over cash to the guy who was trying to help me learn to use one. We also learned how to spot the potential of using computers for a business, and then taught ourselves or found someone to teach us, before we came on line to sell. Before selling on line, it is best to know how to use the computer, the printer, scanners and digital cameras is necessary.

Whether there are rules requiring proficiency in the spoken language, written language, computer use, photography, etc. to sell here is immaterial. It is all part of having a successful business is learning and understanding what to do.

Why does it concern the rest of us? I don't want someone's first foray in ecrater to be one where they write a question to these non-English speakers that can't even understand their question much less answer it and so this potential customer decides that ecrater sellers are idiots, stupid, whatever and never comes back and spreads the word that the sellers on ecrater can't write simple sentences.

And no I don't expect the OP to comprehend what we were talking about, I guess the rest of us were having a conversation.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversations that dis certain segments of the world, certain populations, are read by anyone who cares to read them. If you want to have a conversation use the PMs. That is what they are for. This particular conversation has been discussed way too many times in the forum with only a few of the same participants. Compare that to how many views there are.

Do you know how to succeed? Most do it after repeated fail. There is the baseball analogy that a player who bats 400, misses 600 times out of a 1000. Likewise you don't learn English by going to school in a foreign country first where as soon as you leave the classroom you are back in your own language. And where your teacher may have learned it the same way. You learn it by participating in the English speaking world, trying and often failing to make yourself understood.

I suspect that many of the drop shipped stores that open here where the seller doesn't speak English are just people looking for free places to stash their goods. But since I don't know that, it is not up to me to condemn them. You guys might make good prosecutors but you would suck at defense.
jupitermx

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to sell on ecrater. There is lots of information here about how to do that but it needs at least a high school level of education plus a good working knowledge of the English language. You can't even tell us or ask us clearly what you need help with. I see no way that you can communicate with a customer if needed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can't even tell us or ask us clearly what you need help with.

Please. Rewrite your sentence. It is confuse.

Quote:
I see no way that you can communicate with a customer if needed.

If you fill correctly the require info in eCrater. The buyer communicate with you directly to your e-mail.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elpereles, He is just quoting what I wrote to him originally without the quotes so at this point it is out of context.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.

I will not loose more time in this topic. It is obvious the person don't understand even how works the forum.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: