eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

I do not know how to use the matrix for shipping as it is too confusing to me...i thought i had it fixed so i only shipped to the us unless i specified a certain amount like to Canada and Hi...but some one just purchased a item and they live in the UK and of course for some unknown reason they think it is free shipping why would i ship to UK for free and charge US $8.95 then they sent the payment via paypal in GBP currency... the item price alone was 13.50 ...I am not shipping that item free the cost would be totally out of reason .. on my listing page it states 13.50 with s/h US Mainland 8.95 then there is option that can be clicked on for other destinations and if you click it, it states i only ship to the above country which is USA so what is wrong?? I have denied there paypal payment and sent them a email stating why i denied it..
...I need to fix it if it is showing up to them as free shipping ....Also how do i find out how much Ecrater took for the sale as it shows it came from Marketplace and how do i get it refunded to me???
Thanks In Advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open a store on eCRATER, your name is reserved on both the UK and the AU sites. As you create your US store, your logo, text pages, and categories are added to the UK and AU sites, but your categories will show (0) items. Since there is no way to search for a store on eCRATER, your UK and AU stores are probably not ever seen.

In your admin section under Account: Options there is a store option "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". The default is unchecked. If you ever add UK or AU to your shipping zones and leave that option unchecked, all your items will appear in your UK and/or AU stores in their currenancy. If you don't add the two countries to your shipping matrix and/or add an international method of shipping with the USPS calculated, your items will be active in the UK and AU sites in their currency with free shipping.

If you change your mind after adding the UK and/or AU to your shipping zones AND you leave the "do not auto convert prices in other currencies", the items will continue to be listed in your UK and/or AU stores even if you remove both countries from your shipping zone. (Removing them from the shipping zone after the items have been added to the UK and/or AU WILL NOT close the UK or AU stores, it only prevents sales to those countries from your US store.

To check to see if you have items in the UK or AU marketplace, go to the home page of your store and change the extension in the address bar. The home page for your store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.com/[/url]
Your UK store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.co.uk[/url]
Your AU store is [url]http://YourStoreName.ecrater.com.au[/url]

NOTE: I just checked and you have active stores in both the UK and AU.

You can quickly check to see if you have items on either site. If you do have items on either site AND you want to close either or both sites, FIRST put a check in the box "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". Next you will need to run the Global editor, choose "set UK price" and then choose "delete" as an operator. You will need to run the Global editor again, Use Global Editor, choose "set AU price" and then choose "delete" as an operator.

For more information review these two topics in the FAQS

FAQ >Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

FAQ > eCRATER Australia http://community.ecrater.co/viewtopic.php?t=28917
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice, that explanation needs to ba a sticky.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
Wow, very nice, that explanation needs to ba a sticky.

I agree!
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree need to sticky. I believe it is the 3rd time someone make a nice explanation about the stores issue.

eCrater needs to works seriously this issue of the UK and AU stores. It can't be just default option to have them open.

Suggestions: Separate On-Hold option for the UK and AU
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=29440
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila always does a good job with it so I try to let her and join in if the person is still confused.

What it comes down to is people are still signing up for ecrater stores and missing the fact that with the US store, they are now getting UK and AU stores automatically. Since this has been part of our program now for several years I would think that newbies would see the info about it in the selling one crater FAQ thread as there are several that address the issue about the UK store. While I didn't see a thread about AU stores, they require the same thing as UK stores if you don't want to use them.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You so Much Sheila
I have been here for many years and i can read some of the info ecrater puts out and still not understand what they are talking about (Just like the shipping matrix what a mess) any i had no idea i had two other stores open also ..ya know when you only open one yourself you expect to only have one !! I do not expect that Ecrater is going to open 2 more for me with at least notifying me that they have...i appreciate your help and explaination so very much now i will go try to do what you said so no one can purchase from there....i mean really with shipping charges by the USPS NOW i do not believe your going to get many sales unless you offer them Free Shipping and my prices already are rock bottom for me i certainly will not pay for there shipping.....i have also done all the above via instructions given but they are showing pending and UK one still shoes a green check mark/so are they deleted or not ? Thanks
Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by LOVERETIREMENT on Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey LoveRetirement, I noticed you have some items in your store that are displaying a "SOLD" image. You are not allowed to do this. If an item has been sold it has to be hidden from buyers so that the "buy now" button turns into an "on hold" button, and it has to remain hidden until you get more of that item back in stock. You could get suspended for doing this. Just thought I'd let you know.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You i will take care of that right now....
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about Australia. I read somewhere the Google Shopping AU will or begun as pay service like the US.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....i mean really with shipping charges by the USPS NOW i do not believe your going to get many sales unless you offer them Free Shipping

I thought I would get no international sales either after the price hike in January and ended up selling more international orders in February than I had before the price hike and I don't use 'FREE' shipping at all. It is still worth it to sell around the world for me. I let the buyer make the decision if they want something and whether they are willing to pay the shipping.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my sales in the past 3 months have been international also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: