eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clearspace80

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Charges for marketplace sales Reply with quote

I definitely don't mind paying eCRATER the 2.9% marketplace fee if it translates into more sales. By my math, this percentage is very small and you'll still be keeping the lion's share of your profit. You just have to think about it as a business expense. In this case, we're paying for advertising which really is a common business expense anyway.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem paying 2.9% fee. Its less then anywhere else by far.

The only question I have so far is, do your fees have to reached a minimum amount to be paid to Ecrater. i.e say if I only sold say 4-5 items in a month and the 2.9% only came to $0.49 or $0.88(just examples), would Ecrater send us a bill for that little amount or wait till it hit a certain minimum amount?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hasn't been announced yet or if it has been I missed the announcement. You have about 5 weeks before you will get any bill.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are sellers still allowed to participate in Google Adsense though?

I'm still making money with it through my store. Not sure what is going on with it at this point, but my income from AdSense is stable from what is and has been usual.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comics-Emporium wrote:
The only question I have so far is, do your fees have to reached a minimum amount to be paid to Ecrater. i.e say if I only sold say 4-5 items in a month and the 2.9% only came to $0.49 or $0.88(just examples), would Ecrater send us a bill for that little amount or wait till it hit a certain minimum amount?

Not that it has any bearing for Ecrater, but that's how Discogs does it. If I sell one item, I get billed for cents. Seems like that would add up to a lot of extra fixed per-transaction fees for the venue than building up to a minimum, but it's all the same to me because I get to be the buyer in that PP transaction. Very Happy

My guess is, they do it because it can take some sellers a long time to hit even a low minimum sales figure, leaving lots of low-dollar unpaid accounts to roll on indefinitely.
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: VERY Fair fee Reply with quote

I feel 2.9% is VERY fair Smile
justmarkdowns

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.9% is not a whole lot for us to pay in fees. It`s surely better than having to pay about 11% to eBay. I`m sure it`s costing eCRATER a lot for us to sell free of charge on there marketplace.

THANK YOU eCRATER!!!
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.9% is good.

I saw a site still in "beta" asking 7%. Rolling Eyes
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Okanjo. They started with 5% but free the first month for former Yardsellrs as much as you load. I admit they have some nice stuff planned, along with import tools, html, easy interface, etc and ALREADY doing direct deposit. In the longrun it might be a good eBay sub if the word gets out enough. The refreshing thing is the company seems to genuinely care and just as excited (or more so) as the sellers. But yeah, still more than eCrater.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
Probably Okanjo. They started with 5% but free the first month for former Yardsellrs as much as you load. I admit they have some nice stuff planned, along with import tools, html, easy interface, etc and ALREADY doing direct deposit. In the longrun it might be a good eBay sub if the word gets out enough. The refreshing thing is the company seems to genuinely care and just as excited (or more so) as the sellers. But yeah, still more than eCrater.

Is this run by the same people who ran Yardsellr? If so, would you trust them after how they handled the Yardsellr demise?

I invested time and energy into their Style.ly app and site and now all my marketing links to things there are useless because of how they just abandoned everything.

I also was not a fan of having my items randomly removed from Style.ly because my pictures were "too good" (I had to prove that my on-model shots of clothing were my brother and his friends and I had to upload the model releases I had from them--which I always get--meanwhile Chinese sellers flooded the site with on-model images stolen right off Alibaba, hundreds of them using the same images.) If I wanted to sell somewhere Chinese sellers get a free pass to do whatever, I would be on eBay.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is the one I saw.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, definitely not the same people. Okanjo is the company that picked up the pieces after the YS debacle, offering free listing and no fees all the time YS was winding up their "transactions" I realize this was a gateway, but they do have a pretty nice plan for the site. If the fees don't kill it before they complete them.

You're thinking of Compound M--which is nothing like YS but still run by the same people (or perhaps person).
myoldejunque

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the end of the first marketplace fee period is tomorrow, I have a couple of questions that I cannot find answers for, so hopefully someone here can help.

1. How are we to tender payment for the marketplace fees to eCrater?

2. I have a marketplace sale in May that is being paid for by check. The check won't clear my bank until the beginning of June. I don't want to mark the transaction as paid until I know the check has cleared. So my question is, is the fee charged in the month the sale is made, or in the month the item is marked as paid?

Thanks in advance.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been an official announcement about this yet. Don't worry, you will hear as long as you check in every day or so.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myoldejunque wrote:
1. How are we to tender payment for the marketplace fees to eCrater?

I can't find the post now, but I thought I remembered PayPal mentioned at some point. PayPal would make sense, with GCO shutting down. I'm guessing they're not interested in taking money orders Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: